HP TSV Thursday, Any idea's

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

i think the design is beautifull but what put me off is the comments about hp customer services.
i like dell as i can usually get somewhere with them when i have a problem.

I've ordered one! :blush: Not because of the sell on butterflies, makeup mirror or scarf but because my Mac is kapput and I wanted to treat myself. I was going to get a much cheaper one but have read that Windows 7 starter, which is on a lot of them, wasn't intended for netbooks and there have been problems? Let you know if I win a scarf!:smile:

Did you get yours Piecan? What do you think? Oh, and did you win a scarf too? :giggle:

It arrived today unexpectedly, as it was still showing in progress on my account..lucky I was in. Still having a play with it, although was easy enough to set up. No sign of a scarf!:frown::wink2:

Apparently QVC say winners will be contacted by letter if they have won the scarf. Won't be me, I don't even get emails for discount/easypay vouchers!

Mine is back in the box!! I found the quickweb side of it to be slow and the arrow using the touch pad seemed to have a life of it's own. The operating system side froze on me and the battery life is about 30% after well under an hour of just surfing the net. Too annoying so it's going back. How's yours Concordia?

This is my first netbook and first try with Windows 7, so I don't know if the niggles are just me or telling me it isn't the best machine. It is slow to start up and I get a line of pixels at the top of the screen, they go away when it switches to quickweb and then you get them again when entering Windows, but they go away. Battery life isn't great, just idling I lost 10% in about 5 minutes. While I like the mouse because i keep accidentally turning off the keypad, it is a bit clunky to carry around if you're trying to be portable. I live in a rural area and have great difficulty getting any wifi signal. Keeps telling me connections are available, but when you click on them it says no signal. Never had a webcam before, is it supposed to be so slow and blurry?

Just noticed it is now down from £518.75 to an intro price of £482.64 with 4 easy payments of £120.66. TSV price was £448.92 with 3 easypays. Last time I looked, HP's web price was £450, but that didn't include the mouse, which they sell for £35.

I also got the pixels at the top of the screen, I think it must just do that. Webcams are a bit slow and blurry, although I was expecting this to be a bit better than it was as they were selling it on being able to be used as a mirror! My Mac lappy has since come back to life and it's much quicker than this netbook. Netbook is still waiting in it's box to go back.

Mine's in the box waiting for collection as well. QVC says it is faulty and have offered me a replacement, but I don't know if it's worth it or better to buy a different/cheaper model.

Latest posts

Back