Hp tsv 15/11/08

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

planefixer860

Registered Shopper
Hi

Does anybody have an idea what the HP TSV will be? I am hoping its a reasonably priced laptop. I am holding off buying one until Saturday.

Thanks

Ian

Thanyou Jo and Ian, sounds very tempting but not what I need. I will watch anyway, and thankyou for the warm welcome and quick reply.

HP TouchSmart 4GB Ram Wireless 22" Touchscreen 500GB PC with Built In TV Tuner
Item Number: 560057
QVC Price £1371.00
Today's Special Value Price £1185.00
Availability In stock
UK P&P £35.00

Touch the future with this incredible HP TouchSmart PC, which has a 22" high definition touchscreen display. The computer is actually built into the monitor for a sleek, stylish and compact device. The keyboard and optical mouse are both wireless so the only cable you need is the power cord. The computer also boasts Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity. With a 500GB hard drive, 4GB RAM and an Intel Core 2 Duo processor, this cutting-edge PC offers innovation with substance. Direct despatch: allow 10 - 14 working days for delivery. UK mainland only.

What ever are they thinking of up at QVC towers yet another PoD at over a grand, haven't they realized yet that we are suffering from a credit crunch here in the UK at the moment. If I was spending that amount on a P.C I would at least expect it to include delivery AND installation.
I know that they plan well in advance but there must be room for good old common sense theses days.

Danny was talking about how important it is to wash your hands before touching the screen and shows us the cloth supplied for cleaning it,next time we see him he's wiping his sweaty forehead with it ? :eek:

i think that some of the prices are going to have to become more realistic.

We don't have the cash to spend, and many are so unsure of their futures jobwise, would be reluctant to part with it!

Qvc in US aren't having a great time either with job losses there, and it will quite likely happen here too

I see the slipped in it was 64bit processor. I was under the impression that a lot of software is not compatible with it - is this true??

I think you are getting confused with 32bit and 64bit Vista, you will have no probs with the processor running anything

We are actually looking for an all in one system to replace the one which is slowly dying on us, but I need it to fit between a kitchen worktop and the top unit, so this monitor/CPU etc is just too big. Shame they don't have a 19" version, then I would have been interested (assuming that the price was reasonable of course!)

Lovely looking but ... imagine all those fingermarks :54:

I also thought it might make your arm ache after a while, reaching out to touch the screen, and it made me feel a bit queasy when he kept scrolling the icons horizontally. Perhaps it's different in day-to-day use, but give me a keyboard and mouse anytime. Talking of which ... cables. There's only one cable, yes, granted there's no cable to a tower, but you need to plug in a printer, scanner, keyboard, mouse (if used), etc. so it looks neat on TV but in reality not so.

All in all, I wouldn't buy one as I think it more gadgetty than practical but I suppose it depends what you are buying it for. Oh, and it's expensive :53:

Now, where are my Post-its ... :1:

For the price you could get a mega pc on the net ok not with the touch screen but like has been said it's a gimmick.

You would have to have it closer than a normal monitor to use the touchscreen
without discomfort, and that cannot be good for your eyes, so if you wanted to watch tv
you would have to move it away to see it properly.
I think people will buy this on the spur of the moment and regret it soon after.
Just imagine kids up so close that thier nose nearly touches the screen, bad bad idea.

Latest posts

Back