ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

HP Pavillion 15.6" Laptop with Windows 8.1 AMD A10 Quad Core 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD
Item Number: 506699
QVC Price £440.00
Todays Special Value Price £379.98
P&P £9.95

3 Easy Pay instalments of £126.66, plus P&P

A slim, lightweight, colourful laptop featuring a powerful AMD A10 quad-core processor for speedy performance, plus the intuitive Windows 8.1 operating system (upgradeable to Windows 10), a huge 1TB hard drive to store all your documents, photos and music and so much more. Perfectly well-equipped for serious multitasking, digital media enjoyment and communication, this stylish HP laptop is one that the whole family can enjoy.

Fast and powerful performance - experience a smooth computing experience whether you're surfing the web or running a number of different programs at once thanks to this laptop's incredibly powerful AMD quad-core A10 processor and 8GB memory.

Experience Windows - the operating system's colourful Start screen has tiles displaying your favourite apps, which are updated in real time to show you the latest information.

Plenty of storage for a wealth of data - there's ample room for multiple users to store videos, photos, documents and more with the huge 1TB hard drive, plus you can back up and copy your data to external storage faster than before thanks to the USB 3.0 port.

Fantastic sound and visuals - built-in Beats Audio provide full-bodied sound, while the 15.6" HD Brightview LED backlit display is clear and bright, ideal for viewing photos, watching movies or video-calling friends and family using the in-built HD TrueVision webcam.

HP Connected Music - this allows you to access different music sources from one location. You can listen to radio stations and broadcasts from all over the world with TuneIn Radio and integrate your music library and music services in a single, unique application.

Enjoy a battery life of up to six hours (depending on usage)
Communicate with ease with the multi-gesture touchpad and full-sized keyboard
Connect to a big screen TV or projector for a true cinematic experience via the HDMI port (HDMI cable not included)

What's in the box?

HP 15.6" laptop
1 x AC power adaptor
1 x four-cell li-ion polymer battery
1 x warranty booklet
1 x set up guide

Added value:

Panda Antivirus software - valid for one PC for a year

Colour options:

Silver
Purple
Blue
Pink

Technical specifications:

Display: 15.6" HD BrightView LED-backlit screen with 1366 x 768 resolution
Processor: AMD quad-core A10-4655M
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 7620G
Memory: 8GB RAM
Data storage capacity: 1TB HDD 5400rpm
Card reader: Multi format SD card reader
Optical drive: DVD RW - Super Multi DL drive
Audio: Beats Audio; Integrated Dual speakers
Webcam: front-facing HP TrueVision HD webcam with integrated digital microphone
Wireless connectivity: Bluetooth and Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n)
Interface: full size island-style keyboard with numeric keypad and a multi-gesture touchpad
Battery: four-cell li-ion polymer battery
Software included: Windows 8.1 (64-bit), HP Connected Music, Adobe Shockwave Player, CyberLink Media Suite, CyberLink PowerBackup, Evernote, Foxit PhantomPDF Express for HP, Mahjong, mysms, Netflix, Skype, Solitaire, TripAdvisor, 7-Zip
Laptop (h x w x d): 2.3cm x 38.4cm x 26.2cm (0.9" x 15.1" x 10.3")
Weight: 2.27kg

Input/output

1 x HDMI
1 x USB 2.0
2 x USB 3.0

Direct despatch: please allow 7 - 10 working days for delivery

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.506699

I was looking forward to this TSV as I have an HP Pavilion laptop that I'm looking to replace - but Currys/PC World are selling the same laptop (with a bigger choice of colours) with an Intel Core processor rather than AMD for less than £345, and free delivery to your local store.

Admittedly there's no 'added value' Panda Antivirus, or easy payments - but at £50 less, it doesn't make the TSV such great value :-(

I was looking forward to this TSV as I have an HP Pavilion laptop that I'm looking to replace - but Currys/PC World are selling the same laptop (with a bigger choice of colours) with an Intel Core processor rather than AMD for less than £345, and free delivery to your local store.

Admittedly there's no 'added value' Panda Antivirus, or easy payments - but at £50 less, it doesn't make the TSV such great value :-(

That's why it's a good idea to shop around and not believe the crap QVC spiel out. In April QVC had a HP laptop Hotpick offer for £399. They had various colours & it was a good enough spec. I was tempted as it was on 3 EP but something kept stopping me. I decided to look on HP's website. They had it on sale for £349!! I then decided to go for the same spec one but with additional touchscreen for the same price QVC was charging for the none touchscreen one. Fair enough it didn't have Panda security, which I can't stand anyway. I do have Internet security for 3 laptops so wasn't an issue for me. I know I paid in full but it made sense.

To be honest, if you phone HP UK(there is a website), they do deals all the time. When I bought mine I got an extra 2 year warranty. Last month they were doing a £100 cash back on Pavilion.

What on earth's with the lavvy brush haircut that Lee's on the box with ? has he done it for a dare I wonder, cos attractive it aint ! I can understand kids following boy bands with the latest 'look', but on a middle aged man it smacks of desperation AND its detracting from the product. I've switched off.

I was looking forward to Danny presenting this tsv, instead we get Lee with the rather daft hair style....imo he looks a bigger twit than usual...

Another Danny (and his cats and kids) fan here, Kathy. What's with the hairstyle, Leigh?

He looks seriously odd with that hair style it totally distracts from the product for me.

Sadly old and young alike where Beckham leads, the others follow............ (read today that now the eldest son has been 'signed' to a top model agency in the States - so that's where a 2 week coffee shop work experience leads is it ??)

:mysmilie_15:

I never watch tech shows, but all the talk of Lee's hair made me switch over, LOL, is it 1983 already Lee? He reminds me of someone badly trying to copy Duran Duran in the 'Rio' video with the pastel coloured suit jacket and hair! An easy look to rock if you're Simon Le Bon, not so much if you're an average computer demo guy on shopping telly!

This is a classic example of just because a 'look' or haircut is in fashion, it doesn't mean you should copy it if it doesn't suit you.

Last edited:

Can you put a link as I can't find it, I can find an Intel DUAL core but the TSV is a QUAD core as I'll cancel my order if I can get the Quad core from PCW at that price, thnx

Latest posts

Back