How's this for putting QVC's beauty prices in perpective?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I bought a fantastic lipstick from aldi a couple of weeks ago. It is the perfect natural colour for me-just seems to put back the colour my lips have lost with advancing age! It stays on really well too,love it. I can't use their own moisturisers though-both my dd and I found they made our skin very dry and itchy after a few weeks. I love Aldi shampoo and conditioner and my ds loves their hair gel. I go once a week for their fantastic fruit and veg special offers and have a little mootch-I have also bought fantastic microfibre clths and pads from there,and their yoghurt is as nice as mullerlight.

amazing how the price of Liz Earle skin repair is slowly creeping up, I hesitated yesterday before purchasing- I expect all these accolades won in magazines comes at a price....to the consumer!:mysmilie_701:

I bought all my Christmas wrapping paper in Aldi, lovely quality. I use their washing powder, loo roll, tinnned tomatoes, bread, butter, all great and cheaper than my local Asda. Will check out the lipstick now that SuziQ has recommended it and the shampoo. Alison Young would not approve!!

I am a big fan of Lidl, as it happens. Their stuff is made for the German market and is generally of very high quality.
(Their chocolate and ice cream is to die for).

I am a big fan of Lidl, as it happens. Their stuff is made for the German market and is generally of very high quality.
(Their chocolate and ice cream is to die for).

Highly inaccurate in the case of Lidl, who appeal to the low-end mass market and have received huge criticism for the quality of their products and their treatment of staff over the years. I've known them for over 30 years.

Last edited:
Highly inaccurate in the case of Lidl, who appeal to the low-end mass market and have received huge criticism for the quality of their products and their treatment of staff over the years. I've known them for over 30 years.

Much of their fruit and veg is irradiated, too. We have Leidl all over the place here and I don't understand why people fill their baskets with it when we have wonderful street markets that sell genuinely fresh fruit and veg, even cheaper. My husband rates their chocolate highly, I must say and it's the only place I can buy heavy-duty washing machine covers as my 'laundry' is on one of our balconies.....

Much of their fruit and veg is irradiated, too. We have Leidl all over the place here and I don't understand why people fill their baskets with it when we have wonderful street markets that sell genuinely fresh fruit and veg, even cheaper. My husband rates their chocolate highly, I must say and it's the only place I can buy heavy-duty washing machine covers as my 'laundry' is on one of our balconies.....

Totally agree with you. There are two things that you will never find of low quality in Germany; beer and chocolate. Love both. :mysmilie_374:

Guess that's me then. I can only aspire to become whatever it is you are.
Thank God I know good chocolate and ice cream when I see it eh? :mysmilie_17:

aldi wrinkle stop

after reding about this product on this forum I went to Aldi yesterday afternoon to purchase this to give it a try.I have very sensitive skin but I am fine with it and it feels very comforting and yet light weight.Whether it will minimize my 52 yearold crows feet remains to be seen,but I will give it a go.
Lacura who make this product are very big in Germany.so we shall see.I am a A'kin and Elemis girl most of the time but I may slot this in as well

Guess that's me then. I can only aspire to become whatever it is you are.
Thank God I know good chocolate and ice cream when I see it eh? :mysmilie_17:

Let's not twist the argument please. We are talking about quality in products, not status. I am not a mug to be fleeced in the name of status. :mysmilie_12:

Let's not twist the argument please. We are talking about quality in products, not status. I am not a mug to be fleeced in the name of status. :mysmilie_12:

...and I can't afford to be fleeced by anyone for any reason...:mysmilie_61:
Are Leidl still up to their tricks then, WS? I had a friend staying with me last year who used to work for trading standards and she was appalled that I even set foot in the place. I told her to argue it with my cats who are all addicted to their premium cat food sachets, and my husband who is enslaved by their chocolate.
The local staff here all seem very happy and content. They are not surly like most checkout staff in Greek supermarkets and they all seem to multitask quite happily, which is a bone of contention in other places. Am I living in a little rosy cocoon as I do like to make ethical choices, if possible?:mysmilie_687:

...and I can't afford to be fleeced by anyone for any reason...:mysmilie_61:
Are Leidl still up to their tricks then, WS? I had a friend staying with me last year who used to work for trading standards and she was appalled that I even set foot in the place. I told her to argue it with my cats who are all addicted to their premium cat food sachets, and my husband who is enslaved by their chocolate.
The local staff here all seem very happy and content. They are not surly like most checkout staff in Greek supermarkets and they all seem to multitask quite happily, which is a bone of contention in other places. Am I living in a little rosy cocoon as I do like to make ethical choices, if possible?:mysmilie_687:

Please do a brief search on the net; you will be shocked. I am really concerned about the quality of the food I consume, so Lidl is out of the question. Also how suppliers and workers are treated. Good products, fair prices to producers and proper infrastructure for workers have implications on prices. I'd rather sacrifice on quantity.

I could talk about this for hours, possibly over coffee.:mysmilie_697: The way things are now, any job is a good job.

Last edited:
Please do a brief search on the net; you will be shocked. I am really concerned about the quality of the food I consume, so Lidl is out of the question. Also how suppliers and workers are treated. Good products, fair prices to producers and proper infrastructure for workers have implications on prices. I'd rather sacrifice on quantity.

I could talk about this for hours, possibly over coffee.:mysmilie_697: The way things are now, any job is a good job.

I'll do that! Your place or mine for the coffee?

I may be coming your way soon. :mysmilie_697: But you are welcome at ours, anytime.

Ooooh, exciting! If you want to meet up next time you're in Athens, give me fair warning as I don't drive so I need DH to be able to drop me at a Metro. Otherwise, it's a 4 hour round trip which, even with a good book,can be enervating. :mysmilie_231:

Ooooh, exciting! If you want to meet up next time you're in Athens, give me fair warning as I don't drive so I need DH to be able to drop me at a Metro. Otherwise, it's a 4 hour round trip which, even with a good book,can be enervating. :mysmilie_231:
Would love to meet up!!! I will let you know at least a couple of weeks in advance. :mysmilie_687:

The key active ingedient in Lacura is Syn-Ake, which also happens to be a key ingredient in Sarah Chapman’s Skinesis age-repair concentrate. Granted Skinese age-repair concentrate is 30ml and contains other peptides like matrixyl, it retails for around £78 @ SpaceNK, probably a similar price at QVC. So at £6.99 Lacura does put QVC’s beauty prices into perspectives.

*Wonders where nearest Aldi store is.*:mysmilie_697:

There are two things that you will never find of low quality in Germany; beer and chocolate. Love both. :mysmilie_374:
Yes there’s a good reason why Oktoberfest lasts for 16 days. Although for me it's all about the Lederhosen, as oppose to the beer.:mysmilie_374:

Latest posts

Back