How Totally Irresponsible........Flavourwave Oven!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

kitten_with_claws

Registered Shopper
Flavourwave Oven woman has just said this cooks by infrared & thus from the inside out (it doesn't, that's total BS!) & is 'demonstrating' this fact by 'cooking' a frozen chicken, something she apparently wouldn't do in a 'normal' oven!
Eh? You shouldn't do it in any oven unless you want to give your friends & family food poisoning & I think it is completely & utterly irresponsible of QVC to allow such a statement to be made on air!
OH has just said the only way a chicken would cook from the inside out via infrared would be if you stuck a lightbulb up its a***! :tongue2:

Flavourwave Oven woman has just said this cooks by infrared & thus from the inside out (it doesn't, that's total BS!) & is 'demonstrating' this fact by 'cooking' a frozen chicken, something she apparently wouldn't do in a 'normal' oven!
Eh? You shouldn't do it in any oven unless you want to give your friends & family food poisoning & I think it is completely & utterly irresponsible of QVC to allow such a statement to be made on air!
OH has just said the only way a chicken would cook from the inside out via infrared would be if you stuck a lightbulb up its a***! :tongue2:

I heard her say that too Kitten, a very irresponsible thing to say on air..
Regarding the chicken, I agree with your OH :cheeky:

The product description on the website does say you can cook from frozen. I don't think they could get away with stating that unless it was true, however unlikely it sounds.

The product description on the website does say you can cook from frozen. I don't think they could get away with stating that unless it was true, however unlikely it sounds.

That may be so ATG but when most poultry has at least something nasty lurking (quite a few somethings usually! lol), is it really responsible to encourage the average oik to start cooking frozen chickens, especially at this time of year, when one of the most popular parlour games anyway is 'How to poison your rellies with an undercooked turkey'?
Not everyone out there is a competent cook & I really think it is dangerous to let Joe Public flavourwave away to their heart's content on a hunk of iceberg chicken! lol

I don't think you could risk cooking a whole chicken from frozen, especially with all the bones etc.. Maybe its different with, say a fillet, which would cook faster anyway..
I think it would be a very silly risk to take, just for the sake of some defrosting time.. :thinking2:

Totally agree, and in fact we said this in our house when it was demonstrated too - what was also bad was Craig touched the raw chicken last night then carried on touching and eating other things with his hands - most unhygenic and a bad example I thought....ok, rant over ;)

Would that be a 100 watt or could you get away with a 60?
afbe0db7f1f867dd932967d9672dba8b.gif

You would think as a cookery demonstrator that it would be a requirement to complete your basic food hygiene, given that you are advising others????

Totally agree, and in fact we said this in our house when it was demonstrated too - what was also bad was Craig touched the raw chicken last night then carried on touching and eating other things with his hands - most unhygenic and a bad example I thought....ok, rant over ;)

Personally I don't consider Craig as someone setting an example that I should follow. If we did follow his example we would all be up to our ears in slankets, knife blocks and sodding Northern Nights bedding!

Latest posts

Back