How to clean leather ??

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sitting here with my Samsung NC10 netbook and watching the cleaning solutions programme has reminded me to ask this question.

I have a cream leather settee which is really dirty - I mean engrained (I think dye in something I was wearing must have stained it). I've tried all sorts to get it clean, such as a solution of Flash, Cillit Bang, Vim, CIF etc but the dirt hasn't budged.

Can anyone recommend anything else please, maybe one of the products on QVC?

Thanks

Linda:33:

I find the best thing is soap flakes I've got cream suite and gogs so mine gets really dirty, maybe not the best colour to choose but I do like it

I use leather cleaners from QVC but I don't think they have them at the moment-it include the 'lustre' which is always demo'ed by a scottish chap,I love the whole range and it worked really well on my old cream leather chair. I also use the 'it works' blocks and tgen put the lustre on afterwards. I'm not sure if all the other things you've already tried may have 'set' the stain though.

I thought you had to use 'gentle' cleaners on leather - I normally use baby bath for mine. But that would not remove your really stubborn stain. Then I use one of the products for leather to bring back the lustre.

I think you need to get some of the special cleaners from a shopping channel to try (you can always return if they don't work) as on the demo's they can always work wonders!!!

not sure if this helps, but a while back my kids got biro marks on our leather sofa.....so I googled for a solution and found that hairspray was suggested (apparently it's the alcohol content that does the trick)....so I nervously tried it and it was fantastic.....from what I remember you have to spray the hairspray, and then quickly wipe it off with a cloth....

I've used a solution of soap flakes or woolite and warm water with a soft nail brush on my Mum's leather sofa. It took all the muck out of the grain, then finished it off with Lustre from QVC.

Lx

My cream leather suite was REALLY dirty and I had tried a lot of different products with not a lot of sucess. I then used the white cleaning blocks from QVC(I cant remember the name but on IW :)2:)they are Proffessor Amos) You just slightly dampen them and the result was absolutely fantastic.
I really couldnt believe how good they were..... and they are absolutely brilliant on shower screens too ,infact just an all round brilliant cleaning solution!

I bought some leather wipes from tesco or asda cant remember which one but they are great Lord Sheraton ones they removed oil and dirt ingrained from my office chair that is cream but was black due to hubby with his dirty overalls and greasy hand comming in and standing over me to look at invoices it now looks like new
lizz

Hi there,
I can really recommend this company for all things leather. They deliver really quickly and their products are great. They even do a leather cream called Leather Essence which puts that leathery aroma back into your furniture (or coats, bags etc) and it smells gorgeous. I also bought a repair kit from them which is fantastic, and they'll give you loads of friendly advice if you phone them too. HTH :)
http://www.buffaloleather.co.uk/

Latest posts

Back