How much ???

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Did a quick flick to Q to see Dicky Jacko flogging BIRDSEED for £30 !!!! plus £6 p & p words fail me. I love my birdies as much as the next person, but spending a few day's grocery money on my feathered friends is unreal. How many pensioner's meals would that buy ? Yes I do leave feed out for the birds and squirrels and they're grateful for what they get, and it doesn't cost thirty quid thats for sure.

Did a quick flick to Q to see Dicky Jacko flogging BIRDSEED for £30 !!!! plus £6 p & p words fail me. I love my birdies as much as the next person, but spending a few day's grocery money on my feathered friends is unreal. How many pensioner's meals would that buy ? Yes I do leave feed out for the birds and squirrels and they're grateful for what they get, and it doesn't cost thirty quid thats for sure.
Have seen this loads of times and though what at total rip off, I get seeds from my local garden centre at less than half the cost without postage and the birds never complian that it's not from RJ. And they always seem to eat it. In the winter i always make extra Yorkshire puds and put those out and the birds just love em....in the end birds wil eat what you put out never mind the cost.

I heard Richard Jackson say on air once (before they rolled the ridiculously priced bird food out) that birds need to be fed to keep their energy levels up in Winter (which is correct) and to give them bread......no, no Little Richard, bread is the worst thing you can give birds because it dries out and sticks in their throat. You'd think a self proclaimed "bird lover" would know this (maybe it was the other type of birds he likes though eh? :mysmilie_17:)

We give our birds suet and seeds and we get a wide range of birds in our garden, you don't need to spend £36 to see them, Little Richard is just trying to fatten his bank balance again whilst talking out his arse.

Not recommending anyone do this but I know someone who left out curry and rice and the birds eat the lot.

I buy mine in good old Wilkinson's only paid £ 4-00 to have 2 large sacks and a medium sized box of bird feeds delivered!

I buy bird seed in Pound Land £1 for a kilo and the birds love it. £30 and then postage on top of that is ridiculous who would be that foolish to spend that? Get down to Pound Land and save yourself a fortune.

I heard Richard Jackson say on air once (before they rolled the ridiculously priced bird food out) that birds need to be fed to keep their energy levels up in Winter (which is correct) and to give them bread......no, no Little Richard, bread is the worst thing you can give birds because it dries out and sticks in their throat. You'd think a self proclaimed "bird lover" would know this (maybe it was the other type of birds he likes though eh? :mysmilie_17:

We give our birds suet and seeds and we get a wide range of birds in our garden, you don't need to spend £36 to see them, Little Richard is just trying to fatten his bank balance again whilst talking out his arse.
Well if he's talking out of his arse he better get some of that poo pourri ordered don't you think. :mysmilie_17:

I go to B&M or Poundstretcher, a fiver gets me, well the birds, large bag all birds high energy seeds, black sunflower seeds, mealworms, 6 pack fat balls and 2 square cranberry (their favourite flavour) fat blocks.

EXACTLY !! glad to see that us on here are'nt stupid enough to pay stupid prices , and still manage to feed the birdies. (I only hope they don't watch QVC and think they should be getting Harrods quality instead of Wilko's !!!)

£3.99 for 12 kilo bag of bird seed in Home Bargains...Suet fat ball 6 for 49p...Use a kilo of seed and 2 suet fat balls a day..No complaints yet.... Robins,Jays,Collared doves,starlings,all sorts of tits,starlings,magpies,even the buzzards eat it....

Dont think i need to reiterate how much i dislike the horrible little man but if course i except he is in it to make money but quite frankly that is no excuse for taking the p*** with extortionate prices.

We give crushed digestive biscuits (Asda's own brand) for the birds and the squirrels, dry porridge oats (big bag of supermarket basic range, which the birds seem to love), any leftover cooked rice and Poundland or Wilko's (or similar) fatballs and bird seed. There is no need to spend a fortune on bird food, but of course Q would have us believe otherwise.

I heard Richard Jackson say on air once (before they rolled the ridiculously priced bird food out) that birds need to be fed to keep their energy levels up in Winter (which is correct) and to give them bread......no, no Little Richard, bread is the worst thing you can give birds because it dries out and sticks in their throat. You'd think a self proclaimed "bird lover" would know this (maybe it was the other type of birds he likes though eh? :mysmilie_17:)

QVC would probably have us believe the birds that inhabit the gardens of their faithful clientele must be of a "better class" than the average feathered visitors . Therefore only the best will do.In the real world birds will eat any brand of food put out for them as they cannot read names and do not have preferences for Mr Jackson' s offerings. Like me ,most people agree he talks out of his a***.I also find his false exuberance extremely annoying. Wilko's ;and other store bird seed ;is fine and the birds will always keep coming back for more.(The garden equipment is significantly cheaper too)

We have had to stop putting food out for birds due to mice and my friend has had to stop due to rats. We still managed to hand feed a baby robin last year and another this year.

Not recommending anyone do this but I know someone who left out curry and rice and the birds eat the lot.

Leaving out a vindaloo is not a god idea. Just a mouthful will have the same 'ring of fire' effect as it does on humans. The chillies could even kill them...

Leaving out a vindaloo is not a god idea. Just a mouthful will have the same 'ring of fire' effect as it does on humans. The chillies could even kill them...

Whilst very good advice for the birds we all care for
I think a good extra hot vindaloo would help to silence some of the verbal diarrhoea spouted on QVC.They would be too busy attending to the aftermath of their own 'rings of fire' to appear for a day or two.Blissful.

I had to stop feeding the birds when I got my cat. She`d hide near the bird table and then spring out and some poor bird would then breathe it`s last. When I did feed the birds I used to buy cheap blocks of lard which I`d melt over a low heat then I`d stir in a bag of bird food and then pour it into an old plastic sandwich box to set. It stopped the seed from landing on the garden or being blown about and kept the bird table tidier plus it gave fats to the larger birds such as blackbirds who couldn`t swing from the fat balls or those birds who preferred to feed on the flat.

We have a big ginger cat that was always out and catching birds.As well as nuts in a holder tied high on the end of my washing post and in the winter suet blocks at the other end,I put food on my flat shed roof.The birds could see when the cat was about .He's a lot older now and stays in more.I put food down in really open areas so the birds have a chance and Sulien can't sneak up on them.

Latest posts

Back