How many of us are wearing our Slankets tonight?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

My Slanket was in the LaundryBag. Immediately the power came back on, I washed it. Am lying on couch waiting for B&W 1953 film to start in 20 minutes. Not really sick, half-a-bubble-off-level, with swollen neck glands. Swaddled from toes to top o' ears. Moral of story - always have Slanket At The Ready! SlanketSwathedSnarly

Aw, Snarly! I hope you feel better soon.

My Slanket was in the LaundryBag. Immediately the power came back on, I washed it. Am lying on couch waiting for B&W 1953 film to start in 20 minutes. Not really sick, half-a-bubble-off-level, with swollen neck glands. Swaddled from toes to top o' ears. Moral of story - always have Slanket At The Ready! SlanketSwathedSnarly
Snarly when you said you were waiting for B & W to come on, i thought at first you meant Butler & Wilson he he, then i read the rest.

Hope you enjoy the film, and put a scarf round your neck, an old wives remedy from my mum. Hope you feel better soon Barkly xx

Well ladies its lovely to hear your all keeping toastie in this cold weather, hope snarlys feeling better soon & Strato hope you find your slanket! Must say hubby has a phase of buying lidl stuff now & again, usually the summer when we'r in the caravan!
Today Im slobbing on the sofa wrapped in my primark slanket which is lush, watching QVC beauty & Im getting used to it as Im now officially recovering for the next few months. Have a great w/end everyone xx

Not a Slanket user here, but I am a freezer (and a sweater, unfortunately). I like M&S Heatgen undies (at least 2 layers) under daytime clothes - topped with a fleece, scarf and fingerless gloves (I wanted UGG gloves but at £120, came to my senses and just cut the tips off a cheap sheepskin pair I found on Amazon - perfect and less than £15!). I've always been a sheepskin fan. Nothing keeps my feet warm like a good pair of sheepskin slippers - I was chuffed with my bargain £10 Jumbuck Malis (not so chuffed with my permanent black feet due to the dye coming off, but it's a small price to pay to keep chilblains away). I also have a sheepskin throw that I use as a quickie warm up in the summer.

Then the piece de resistance - a Lidl gel hot water bottle stuffed down the front of my t-shirts :)! I throw it in the microwave for 30 seconds every time I get up for cuppa/loo and it keeps me extra toasty. When I need a kip, I climb under my Lidl heated fleece. Best £25 I ever spent. Was gutted when it went bang the other day, but I phoned the number on the guarantee and a new one arrived a few days later.

My Cozzee Home bedding is an absolute must and is extra, super-toasty when I climb in after having my Lidl bed warmer (yes, really) on for an hour beforehand (and I don't even need to go up to switch it on thanks to my Lidl remote sockets!). I take my heated wheatbag up with me for my feet and, after spending the last 30 years miserably trying to warm up in bed for at least a few hours before sleep finally came, I'm now off in minutes. The CH stuff doesn't soak my nightsweats up and go hard like cotton, I can just flick it off me, trot to the loo and get back into a warm, dry bed.

It's an absolute revelation for me to be able to sleep more now than I ever have because I'm warm and comfortable. And my little toys have only cost me the price of a month's gas - which I keep to a minimum by using them.

Well ladies its lovely to hear your all keeping toastie in this cold weather, hope snarlys feeling better soon & Strato hope you find your slanket! Must say hubby has a phase of buying lidl stuff now & again, usually the summer when we'r in the caravan!
Today Im slobbing on the sofa wrapped in my primark slanket which is lush, watching QVC beauty & Im getting used to it as Im now officially recovering for the next few months. Have a great w/end everyone xx
Didn't realise you were recovering Latchi, hope it goes well and get plenty of rest, and lying on the settee relaxing,, and picking that nail varnish, oh and i hope you have the hot water bottle handy also LOL x

Didn't realise you were recovering Latchi, hope it goes well and get plenty of rest, and lying on the settee relaxing,, and picking that nail varnish, oh and i hope you have the hot water bottle handy also LOL x
Lol SB, thats exactly what Im doing at the min, Im off work for at least 12wks & cant drive for at least 4wks so Im fearing for my bank balance as i'll be watching Q, no doubt about it lol, have a nice night x

No I have an electric throw from lidle which is just fab but my son at uni has the brown slanket, he said if he isn't using it them one of the other two in his flat are. To be honest it's that big all three of them could fit under it no problem the skinny Minnie's!

I don't have one but my house is cosy and relatively cheap to heat. I am wearing a Lola Rose though lol. And Celtic sheepskin slippers ... the Cornish version of Emus.

I made loads of soup and guess what? have frozen portions of it in my Q purchased bowls with lids and handles!! forget what they call them but I use them all the time, I might slag Q off but those bowls are in use all the time and are one of my favourite buys from them.

I have a pair of Pecksniffs cashmere socks (Bicester outlet store), delicious, decadent toastie-toe-ness!

We have a big roaring fire, that is so so warm and cosy, but the heat doesnt go round the rest of the house, pity

Latest posts

Back