How many of us are wearing our Slankets tonight?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hot water bottle & slanket (primark one) heating cranked up = cozee
Oh latchi, i love love love my hot water bottle. Every night i take one to bed. That and my proper good flannel NN and i'm sorted. Love them together :) Oh my DD is worse than me ,, she has hot water bottles everywhere, sitting on the settee, when she comes in from work, i sometimes think they're attached to her body he he

Oh latchi, i love love love my hot water bottle. Every night i take one to bed. That and my proper good flannel NN and i'm sorted. Love them together :) Oh my DD is worse than me ,, she has hot water bottles everywhere, sitting on the settee, when she comes in from work, i sometimes think they're attached to her body he he

Im the same! So comforting. We have a caravan on the north coast & I especially love hugging mine when sitting outside with a wee glass of vino in the evenings, hubby thinks Im nuts, prob right lol! Got one of those heat pads from argos, like a mini electric blanket, but it just isnt the same.

Im the same! So comforting. We have a caravan on the north coast & I especially love hugging mine when sitting outside with a wee glass of vino in the evenings, hubby thinks Im nuts, prob right lol! Got one of those heat pads from argos, like a mini electric blanket, but it just isnt the same.
No nothing beats a good hot water bottle, and a glass of vino he he :glass:

I don't know why I don't use a hot water bottle at home, (maybe because I don't have one? lol); when I went to stay with a DD for a few days she gave me one every night. I like to sleep on my front & she put it on my back, right where it hurts, I don't think I moved all night, it was lovely! Just why haven't I got one here I ask myself......? :doh:

I don't know why I don't use a hot water bottle at home, (maybe because I don't have one? lol); when I went to stay with a DD for a few days she gave me one every night. I like to sleep on my front & she put it on my back, right where it hurts, I don't think I moved all night, it was lovely! Just why haven't I got one here I ask myself......? :doh:
Seriously get one or two KWC. But check where you get them from, some are better than others. If i've pain in my knees after working all day, it helps ease the pain, and my DD has fibro and has aches and pains everywhere, and the hot water bottle practically goes everywhere with her, even to work when she was really bad. It just so so eases everything .IMO he he

Of to bed with hot water bottle and a glass of vodka. Both wonderful ;0

I have a purple blanket with sleeves which came from Lakeland, I was given it for Christmas 2011. I don't know how it compares to the Slanket because I've never seen a Slanket 'in the flesh', but it's very cosy - I've been sleeping in it for weeks!! In fact that is where I should be right now! So goodnight, keep snuggled in your slankets everyone. :mysmilie_496:

Another Slanket (pink with white spots too) and hot water bottle "girl" here. Took it out of its bag the other night and put it on the bed - very nearly cooked overnight! Domino (spoilt white and grey Persian) takes command of it during the day. Really keeps you warm.

I don't have a slanket as I'm not keen on non-natural fibres, but I have a gorgeous NN wool blanket which I use as my sofa cosy. Very toasty in the evening!

It was reminiscent of a wintery itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini in our house last night

From the Slanket to the bathrobe......from the bathrobe to the shower.......from the shower to ( you have to say this quickly now) my Cozee reversible mink bed linen from the last TSV in latte..... I guess there isn't any more ........ :mysmilie_61:

I've got the navy/red the same as you JBD...we've got a 10.5 tog duvet on the bed but I wear a long sleeved fleece nightie and snuggle under the slanket under said duvet - I am nesh with a capital N!

Trying to keep busy and not slump until the evening so I haven't tried mine out yet. I have the purple/ lilac one. They are really hard to fold neatly. Any tips please?

I haven't got a slanket but did try QVC when it got so cold last week,they are on waitlist, so on thursday I ordered a fleece with sleeves from Amazon £7.99 post free...it arrived this morning, it did seem rather thin but it is quite snuggle warm...

Ohh I love slanket topics:happy:

My daughter is doing her revision upstairs on my bed at the moment, so she can spread her books out, and is cocooned in a pink/purple reversable/foot muff slanket. I am wrapped up in my brown/leopard/reversable/foot muff slanket on the sofa downstairs watching cooking shows and dipping into QVC every now and then of course. My perfect Saturday morning.

Trying to keep busy and not slump until the evening so I haven't tried mine out yet. I have the purple/ lilac one. They are really hard to fold neatly. Any tips please?
I don't know how good I'll be at putting this into words but this is how I fold mine.
Put the 2 side seams together holding one hand near the hem and the other under the sleeve. Lie the slanket down I use the sofa, back of sofa or bed. Make sure the edges are all neat and tidy. I have feet pockets in my slanket so I fold the pocket area over twice. I then fold the sleeves over the chest, they're so long they'll fold over twice. Then fold the neck over the sleeves - this can be a bit of a faff as there's loads of material at the top. Now fold the sleeves/neck over again. You should now be able to fold the top bundle over the bottom bundle and have one very large squarish bundle. Mine lives in a footstool with a hinged lid - well just about! And hubbies slanket lives on a shelf in his wardrobe.

I'm wearing my oselot fleece outsize dressing gown over my day clothes. Also wearing a woollen crochet hat as on my own at home tday. I look a bit like ena sharples from corrie.

I have the lilac and purple reverible one with the foot pockets and I've been using it on and off for a few weeks and I love it .one of my best buys from Q

Latest posts

Back