How is an atypical body shaped model useful to prospective purchasers? ie. Joy ??

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I need a friend like that. i wish i'd paid attention in our school sewing lessons now.
It costs a fortune to keep getting things shortened.

I used to take trousers to a local dressmaker to be shortened until I discovered iron on webbing, now I do it myself and unlike stitched hems they have never caught in a heel or come undone. Takes about 2 minutes per leg. Fantastic

I used to take trousers to a local dressmaker to be shortened until I discovered iron on webbing, now I do it myself and unlike stitched hems they have never caught in a heel or come undone. Takes about 2 minutes per leg. Fantastic

a real boon to those of us who hate sewing! Mind you I hate ironing too..:giggle:

QVC are really bad at putting clothes on their models that are either too large or too small.

but then julia often takes what the model should have been wearing - she was on about it again the other day - she HAD to because the next size "wouldn't have fitted her shoulders". i sometimes wonder what she thinks the models are there for.

but then julia often takes what the model should have been wearing - she was on about it again the other day - she HAD to because the next size "wouldn't have fitted her shoulders". i sometimes wonder what she thinks the models are there for.

I'm sure she'd much prefer to do all the modelling herself!

Didn't we used to have 'Nesh as the plus size model? Or was that IW?

She was/is stunning with a proportionate plus size figure - would make the clothes appear a lot better I would have thought to chose someone like that!

My grandma was a seamstress so taught me to sew when I was still quite young. I can do simple stuff like turning up hems or sleeves or minor alterations to make a top fit better around the boobs ... often an issue for me I'm afraid. Tips fit around the boobs but gape under the arms. Or the straps are too long. Or some such.

I prefer hand sewing to machine sewing and you usually get a much better finish if you hand sew. Need my specs on these days though to be able to thread the ****** needle!

don't wish to be mean but she looks a lot more than a 16.

Joy looked like she lost a noticeable bit of weight at one stage last year but it now seems to have gone back on. In the recent Kim shows I thought Joy should have been wearing a bigger size really. Then in the petites hour the tops all seemed too big and sloppy for the models who were clearly not put in the correct sizes. Its a shame because Kims clothes are cut extremely well whatever else you think of them.

They use models who are petite for other shows, Funda is one so why not use a model who is 5'3" or under to model on a Kim & Co Petite show?

Jude xx

They use models who are petite for other shows, Funda is one so why not use a model who is 5'3" or under to model on a Kim & Co Petite show?

Jude xx

Because that would be far too logical and simple

True LEL, very true! I can't tell, looking at say Tania in half-mast trousers how I'd look in them!

Jude xx

The comments on here have made me laugh this morning, exactly what I have been thinking! Joy's assets are truly amaaaazing! I agree some of the clothes they make her wear do not flatter at all. My problem is I am 5' 10", I would love to try the Diane Gilman jeans, but need a 34" inside leg, think this length is needed by the models as well. As for all the dresses, I want knee length. Get very fed up watching various fashion brands, quite liking the style, but dispairing at the lengths.

What happened to Beth Terrell? I have a couple of her suede skirts, they have washed and worn very well.

Latest posts

Back