How is an atypical body shaped model useful to prospective purchasers? ie. Joy ??

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Big Barbie

Registered Shopper
One thing I don't understand about QVC is Joy! I'm sure she's a lovely woman, and she has a very pretty face but I really don't know anyone that has a body shape that even resembles hers. Not only are her big boobies located under her chin but she has quite a rather large and solid tum. She is shapely and curvaceous indeed, just not a typical body shape. I used to be plus size but had I been a QVC shopper back then there is no way seeing Joy modelling items would have helped or encouraged me to buy. I wouldn't have been able to get any idea of what they would look like on me, even though she's about my height. And sadly, and I really don't want to be mean or bitchy , but QVC clothes just don't look good on her. They always squeeze her into items that are too small and not flattering to her body shape.
There are few plus size models on TV and I really think having someone large but a more standard shape would be more helpful.

She looks like she's got some very serious scaffolding going on under the clothes because although she's big, it's all smooth with no wobbly bits. I bet she can't wait to get it all off at the end the show then she can breathe again and have a big trump.

:mysmilie_477:

She looks like she's got some very serious scaffolding going on under the clothes because although she's big, it's all smooth with no wobbly bits. I bet she can't wait to get it all off at the end the show then she can breathe again and have a big trump.

........and a good old scratch!

joy lives near me and i see her a lot shopping etc...lovely lovely looking. much better figure than on qvc but she is wearing her own clothes. she barely looks a 16 and is around 6 foot. i noticed a few weeks ago on qvc that she had a softer bra. i am a 38g and wear seamless minimisers as they are a more modern look.those old fashioned pointy thogs are not a good look but like i said in real life she is stunning.
melintha is also stunning. tiny and very smiley

I think if qvc used models that represented true body shapes of larger women, in my case would be ~pear shaped~...they would never sell anything :sad:

daydreamer

Some shorter models would be nice too. I assume they don't use them as it would highlight the fact the vertically challenged aren't catered for.

One thing I don't understand about QVC is Joy! I'm sure she's a lovely woman, and she has a very pretty face but I really don't know anyone that has a body shape that even resembles hers. Not only are her big boobies located under her chin but she has quite a rather large and solid tum. She is shapely and curvaceous indeed, just not a typical body shape. I used to be plus size but had I been a QVC shopper back then there is no way seeing Joy modelling items would have helped or encouraged me to buy. I wouldn't have been able to get any idea of what they would look like on me, even though she's about my height. And sadly, and I really don't want to be mean or bitchy , but QVC clothes just don't look good on her. They always squeeze her into items that are too small and not flattering to her body shape.
There are few plus size models on TV and I really think having someone large but a more standard shape would be more helpful.

like me! I agree BB that Joy does look rather a strange shape, and I was surprised to hear that she was so tall, as boffy said. Q clothes certainly don't do her any favours.

I think if qvc used models that represented true body shapes of larger women, in my case would be ~pear shaped~...they would never sell anything :sad:

daydreamer

Again like me! But aren't most British women supposed to be pear-shaped? Why no pear-shaped clothes! I usually fall inbetween sizes and have had to buy a belt to keep my new jeans up, but the size below is too tight! Bugger!

joy lives near me and i see her a lot shopping etc...lovely lovely looking. much better figure than on qvc but she is wearing her own clothes. she barely looks a 16 and is around 6 foot. i noticed a few weeks ago on qvc that she had a softer bra. i am a 38g and wear seamless minimisers as they are a more modern look.those old fashioned pointy thogs are not a good look but like i said in real life she is stunning.

nice to hear that she looks a lot better in real life than she does on the screen boffy! And Melintha (never sure of her name!) is absolutely gorgeous!

My issue with Joy is that she usually looks totally uncomfortable in the clothes she models.Dresses too tight,trousers too short,hideous two piece patterned numbers you just know she would never wear!

Her boobs are practically asphyxiating her and just adds to her look of discomfort.She looks to have quite narrow hips and not much of a waist and is a gorgeous lady, but the clothes she's made to wear do her no favours, and as a 16-18 myself I would never dress as qvc dress Joy as the representitive plus size model!

Some shorter models would be nice too. I assume they don't use them as it would highlight the fact the vertically challenged aren't catered for.
I'm just under 5 feet 10 inches tall and when I look at QVC clothes being modelled the trousers often look too short and most of the dresses are much shorter than I would wear. They just cannot win! I think I'll stick to good old M & S with a choice of lengths and one p & p per order. :wave:

Again like me! But aren't most British women supposed to be pear-shaped? Why no pear-shaped clothes!

What's the problem?
image.jpg

I agree LEL, we shorties are not catered for. I am 5' exactly. Most clothes are ridiculously long on me and have to be shortened, which often means you lose any detail along the bottom of a garment.

Inge x

I will never be able to look at slim n lift/Spanx without laughing hysterically in future. Brilliant! :mysmilie_483:

I really like Joy and I think she looks great in most things she models but I agree the bras they put her in are wrong for her shape. Just lately they seem to be making her wear things that are a bit too small but I guess she just has to do what she's told as it's her job. If something looks horrible on the models then I just know it's going to look worse on me lol.

CC

I've said all of this in another thread. Her bust is hoisted to the extreme and is way past looking like a plus size model - I certainly would not buy anything that made me look like she does in the clothes she models, so qvc are not doing Joy or their audience any favours here.

Incidentally, when Joy is seen 'in real life' does she still wear the high gloss wigs ? I think she should ditch them and go 'au naturelle'.

Last edited:
I agree LEL, we shorties are not catered for. I am 5' exactly. Most clothes are ridiculously long on me and have to be shortened, which often means you lose any detail along the bottom of a garment.

Inge x
I agree, I can get trousers to fit me but need to lop off at least 6 inches for the length. Luckily my friend is very clever with a sewing machine. Lol

I agree, I can get trousers to fit me but need to lop off at least 6 inches for the length. Luckily my friend is very clever with a sewing machine. Lol

I need a friend like that. i wish i'd paid attention in our school sewing lessons now.
It costs a fortune to keep getting things shortened.

don't wish to be mean but she looks a lot more than a 16.

I've said all of this in another thread. Her bust is hoisted to the extreme and is way past looking like a plus size model - I certainly would not buy anything that made me look like she does in the clothes she models, so qvc are not doing Joy or their audience any favours here.

Incidentally, when Joy is seen 'in real life' does she still wear the high gloss wigs ? I think she should ditch them and go 'au naturelle'.

I agree with that bit!

Thats brilliant!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back