How do QVC calculate the P&P charges?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'mAlisonYoungliterally!

Registered Shopper
I've just taken 2 different items that couldn't be more different but we are charged the same p&p for both. How is this calculated? For example:

cook's essentials Easy Clean Reversible Grill & Griddle with Lid
QVC Price: £47.00

Introductory Price :

£42.60

P&P: £3.95

bareMinerals Deluxe Concealer with Brush
QVC Price: £31.70

Introductory Price :

£28.80

P&P: £3.95

The bareminerals concealer is stated as weighing 6g and I'm sure that the brush must be only 1 or 2 grams also. The griddle pan doesn't have a weight listed but is obviously much more than the concealer. The concealer would need far less packaging than the griddle which measures 7.5” x 20.5" x 10.8". I am bemused as to how both items can justify the same p&p charge. Can anyone shed some light on this?

when i ordered that cooks essential grill a few months ago; P&P was £5.95, so its been reduced - probably to try and sell more!

I've just taken 2 different items that couldn't be more different but we are charged the same p&p for both. How is this calculated? . . . . . . . I am bemused as to how both items can justify the same p&p charge. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Why don't you ask Q on their FB page - I'm sure everyone would be interested to see how they try to explain it.

There`s a woman on Q`s facebook page saying she`s had a delivery from Q every day ( excluding Sundays ) for the last 6 weeks and her spare bedroom is full of boxes. Even at the minimum Q p and p charge of £3.95 per item that`s over £150 just on p and p and I daresay many of her items had higher charges such as £4.95 or £5.95. Just imagine how much profit on p and p they must be making in a year !

I wondered too!

I had a friend whose mum was a shopaholic and her dad used to say that if she went to the toilet she would come back with a parcel.

I found out how they work it out :mysmilie_13:

Darts_in_a_dartboard.jpg

I think they have a calculation regarding weight, value and how likely you are to return it ;)

I have always thought that the high p&p is to cover the 'no quibble even when used' (ha bliddy ha) 30 day mbg. How else could they afford it? They don't question people until they reach around 50% returns? Think how much that would be with the facebook example given on here, with her returning 15 out of 30 packages!

I would love to know whether it is QVC, the vendor or a combination of the two that takes the hit for used returns. I have asked someone I know who used to sell her stuff through the Q but she said she didn't feel she could say!

Last edited:
I ordered two items end of last week paying £5.95 each item, I used speed buy and assumed at that price it would be delivered by Hermes but no, these two tops are coming slow post so god knows how long that will be, at the moment I'm at 4 days for one and 5 for the other so for my ridiculous £5.95 the delivery timescale has been exceeded on one already, the worst thing is it would only cost me £2.80 to post the two together so I am currently thinking I will send them back DSR and forget about them as Q stinks!!

There`s a woman on Q`s facebook page saying she`s had a delivery from Q every day ( excluding Sundays ) for the last 6 weeks and her spare bedroom is full of boxes. Even at the minimum Q p and p charge of £3.95 per item that`s over £150 just on p and p and I daresay many of her items had higher charges such as £4.95 or £5.95. Just imagine how much profit on p and p they must be making in a year !

:mysmilie_8: Wow I feel normal after reading that! Wow I thought I was bad but not a patch on her, although to be fair if Q were normal and sent her orders together I wonder how many deliveries she would have?

I don't do Facebook but if I did I would be adding something about the being green thing, like stuff the returns label and order slip changes what a waste and a pathetic attempt, the best thing for the environment is to stop sending items individually you morons!!!!!

I really am in a I hate Q today with good reason tho!! This week just gone I received two faulty items and one incorrect colourway item and three DSR returns which have been confirmed by email and yet P&P not paid, they are just beyond incompetent, it's a part time job just dealing with all their c..k ups! If your reading this Q you are beyond INCOMPETENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mysmilie_51::mysmilie_51::mysmilie_51::mysmilie_466:

:mysmilie_8: Wow I feel normal after reading that! Wow I thought I was bad but not a patch on her, although to be fair if Q were normal and sent her orders together I wonder how many deliveries she would have?

I don't do Facebook but if I did I would be adding something about the being green thing, like stuff the returns label and order slip changes what a waste and a pathetic attempt, the best thing for the environment is to stop sending items individually you morons!!!!!

I really am in a I hate Q today with good reason tho!! This week just gone I received two faulty items and one incorrect colourway item and three DSR returns which have been confirmed by email and yet P&P not paid, they are just beyond incompetent, it's a part time job just dealing with all their c..k ups! If your reading this Q you are beyond INCOMPETENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mysmilie_51::mysmilie_51::mysmilie_51::mysmilie_466:

They have failed on the Quality Value and Convenience for you JW2! Disgraceful!
Deep Breaths JW2, Deep Breaths

They have failed on the Quality Value and Convenience for you JW2! Disgraceful!
Deep Breaths JW2, Deep Breaths

I daren't watch today as if I hear one of them go on about how good they are on everything I might have to take a trip to Liverpool to pick up their award, then pop by the studio on the way back down and shove it somewhere the sun don't shine, the first presenter I see!! :mysmilie_455:

I vow today that I am going to seriously reduce my buying from Q in fact I've just cancelled 5 awaiting stock orders, they need a total management overhaul as well as their systems and processes!!

I've taken soo many deep breaths I'm hyperventilating!:mysmilie_13:

Latest posts

Back