How daft can Jill Franks get?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

rosielinks

Registered Shopper
I find Jill Franks irritating at the best of times, but have never felt minded to start a post to bitch about her. Today, however, she plunged to new depths of stupidity. Just how vapid can that woman be!
On the Honora show with Ralph, she was constantly referring to one of Ralph's designers Larry (called Laure). She was trying to imagine what he looked like - she could imagine he was very tall, fit etc. When she found out he had a beard she was distraught. Seriously, what is wrong with the woman. Who the hell cares? I know QVC watching is not an intellectual pursuit, but ****** hell, we are not total morons.
Anybody else at their wits end with Franks?

I agree rosielinks, watched the show but had to turn the sound on mute as she kept on about larray (?) in speedos. to be honest i felt ralph was looking a bit embarrased by it all. :sad:

I agree rosielinks, watched the show but had to turn the sound on mute as she kept on about larray (?) in speedos. to be honest i felt ralph was looking a bit embarrased by it all. :sad:

:52: oh dear!

Yes, precisely. The bit where she started on about Larray's speedos was nauseating. I'm sure Ralph was uncomfortable - bet he stays clear of her in future. I think he likes Claudia and Claire best.

She kept getting the colours wrong. No matter how many times Ralph told her the pearls she was putting on were Champagne, she kept referring to them as Gold. Then she got hold of the White ones and said THEY were champagne. She confused the colours of the waterfall earrings and was generally more of as hindrance than a help to Ralph.

She must have had a vision of Larray as Adonis. Now she thinks he looks more like a hairy biker. :giggle: Poor Iggy...

I ALWAYS find Franks deeply irritating. I don't really understand how QVC keep her on-she completely talks over the guests,says the same thing over and over again and also lies-when Liz Earle asked her if she used the C&P it was obvious from her convoluted answer that she was lying and she never actually said yes. She must sell stuff or they wouldn't emply her-but I just feel she is so hard sell and has nothing about her that I like.
I feel like a right b*tch now lol but a lot better!

Last edited:
:grin:
I find Jill Franks irritating at the best of times, but have never felt minded to start a post to bitch about her. Today, however, she plunged to new depths of stupidity. Just how vapid can that woman be!
On the Honora show with Ralph, she was constantly referring to one of Ralph's designers Larry (called Laure). She was trying to imagine what he looked like - she could imagine he was very tall, fit etc. When she found out he had a beard she was distraught. Seriously, what is wrong with the woman. Who the hell cares? I know QVC watching is not an intellectual pursuit, but ****** hell, we are not total morons.
Anybody else at their wits end with Franks?

:grin:

I have read many posts about JF but never really seen what irritated so many, until today. OMG, get a grip woman!! Take a cold shower for goodness sake, and get out more!!!

I have thought for a long time that QVC should have a huge cull of it's presenters and bring some fresh Talent to the show.

I watched that show and it made me cringe. Ralph comes over as a man who is dignified and stylish and who really knows what he is talking about. It was a shame he was paired with Jill Franks who in MO is none of these things.

Jill Franks has been there for years, but it's only the last few months that I feel I cannot watch her, with the innacurate and silly things she says. Surely she has always been the same. I just want to get used to her rather than not being able to wacth when she is on.

She makes me cringe so much. Chuntley is bad but she's even worse! I only managed to watch today because it's my fave brand!

I ALWAYS find Franks deeply irritating. I don't really understand how QVC keep her on-she completely talks over the guests,says the same thing over and over again and also lies-when Liz Earle asked her if she used the C&P it was obvious from her convoluted answer that she was lying and she never actually said yes. She must sell stuff or they wouldn't emply her-but I just feel she is so hard sell and has nothing about her that I like.
I feel like a right b*tch now lol but a lot better!

If I was Liz I'd be pleased that she didn't say she used the stuff. I was watching the launch at midnight and wondered why she had been allowed to present a skincare show, her skin looked like leather. I appreciate not many people have "Perfect skin" and thats why they have the models on but still I didn't think she was looking too hot.

She was pretty darn frisky in the pearls show,I think she must have been at the oysters!!! She was flirting like mad:tongue2::tongue2::tongue2:

I have heard that she was once the 'agony aunt' for Bella Magazine. Good grief, can this be true? Imagine her trying to solve your love life....!

And another thing, why don't they team her up with the Kipling Bimbo who confuses even herself? They could both go off to the Moulin Rouge [where the rest supposed to have come from] and have a career selling choc ices or something.....

What is it with her hands? They look like they've come off a corpse! She was showing off some earrings in the Honora show and it was completely off-putting! Her fingers are long and wrinkly and how does she make them look so deathly white? She shouldn't do any jewellery shows. Come to think of it, she shouldn't do any shows at all!

Especially beauty. I watched her on Liz Earle and couldn't help but laugh that it sounded like she was saying that the product come with a "muslim cloth"! Get it right woman! LE had to keep correcting her pronunciation. Her diction is terrible ("nuffink") and she's anything but a "girlie".

I don't think she's all that professional either. When she's on air on her own she spends a lot of time talking to floor staff and others she can hear on talk-back. Not exactly interesting for the rest of us.

I'm being bitchy because she's supposed to be fitness instructor, runs every day, uses the gym, and spends a fortune of matching clothing and accessories. If this is what a healthy lifestyle does for you I'm sticking with my pies!

I am always annoyed (to an unreasonable extent I admit) by people who have highly paid jobs and are sloppy, such as presenters and journalists. I know live tv is stressful, I know research and prep is boring but compared to some other jobs that are both physically and intellectually challenging these are sweet deals so at least do them properly.
Conversely I think good presenters/anchors etc and hacks are gems that should be cherished.
I'm contrary, me.

Latest posts

Back