How Could Qvc Improve .........

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Autumn

Registered Shopper
For me it would be ...

1. More Exclusive brands, In the golden days of Qvc , they would sell items that were hard to find elsewhere. Now days most of the items and brands they sell can be found at similar prices or cheaper elsewhere.

2. Get rid of the dead weight , Certain presenters would be better suited elsewhere, The presenters are sales people and shouldn't be acting as if there your best friend or plugging there latest novel!!!!

3. Ditch the Ipad , I dont want to know how many items somebody owns or how lovely a presenter looks.

4. Sort the ****** P&P out , Qvc are behind the times , so many online retailers have free P&P or capped P&P.

5. Improve delivery times ,Most Qvc items take at least 4 days to get to me , where as other places that offer free P&P come within 2 days.

6. Use the Buying power that Qvc seem to brag about to the advantage of the customer , The prices of most the brands have increased no end!!!!

7. Less Qvc own brands and more well known brands, All the kitchen and gardening hours are full of either Cooks essentials or Richard Jackson, They were the twos hours i used to tune in for , Not anymore..

8. Let the Guess speak!!!! The guest is there to help sell the item , so please let them do what they are paid too.

Anymore for anymore ......

QVC used to have really good value TSV's, and sets of beauty products. Now the value isn't always that amazing is it? Judith Williams and Laura Geller still have good prices but the other brands are lagging behind. Mally can be good prices but even I (who loves the brand) reckon that Mally make up sets are too pricey. So is Bare Minerals, Elemis and Liz Earle. I remember some cracking beauty TSV's and maybe if they brought them back they would get sell-outs within hours of launch and people waiting up for TSV's like they used to.

Let a sale mean sale like all the highstreet stores - 50%, 70% etc reductions not a few pence!!

Autumn you have summed it up - they need to start all over again and bring it into the 21st century.

They need to realise that UK is different to US, we don't want the Florida blue rinse fashions.

I know this goes against the majority on this forum but the % of shows given over to beauty is ridiculous. We have beauty month on top of beauty weekend on top of beauty for spring/summer/winter and Uncle Tom Cobbley and all.

Stop turning into Ideal World, with TSV cutting into other shows, ie shows finishing 15mins early in order to have another presentation despite the fact it was in the previous hour and in the next hour.

As you say, why RJ on every gardening show, even AY doesn't do every beauty show.

When you think of the number of brands that are on once or twice and then into clearance and then never seen again would prove that they are not getting it right and then they fall back on good old Kimmie et al. Any DHS store would have sacked the lot of them by now.

Stop trying to pull the wool over our eyes, we are ahead of the game Q, it is no longer the 90's when you had a captive audience, who believed everything you said.

All in all - must try harder, a lot harder.

More variety in the beauty brands not everyone has porcelain skin tone and wrinkles and thinning hair

Less synthetic fabrics in the fashion and more variety in sizes a Range for taller ladies in natural fibres please , more up to date styles and realistic prices

As mentioned above: fairer P&P costs or capped postage

Less delay in delivery times

Get rid of the ego maniac presenters like Jill Franks and Debbie Flintand the smarmy ones like Simon

Stop flogging overpriced rubbish that can be bought cheaper elsewhere, it makes QVC look dishonest and untrustworthy

Can we have access to some of thejewellery products on the American site

Last edited:
1. More Exclusive brands - I agree with this, but would also like more high end brands on QVC such as Ralph Lauren or even Tiffany's - it would be nice to have them on EP and with the 30 days MBG

2. Get rid of the dead weight - Certainly get rid of Debbie Flint and Charlie Brooke

3. Ditch the iPad - I actually like this, and have quite often tweeted into a show, usually with Catherine, Pipa or Julia

4. Sort the ****** P&P out - They need to cap it at the very least, so if you order like 3 items its no more than £x

5. Improve delivery times - If its sent with Hermes I'll have it within 2 days, if its royal mail its always 4 or 5... maybe ditch royal mail!

6. Use the Buying power that Qvc seem to brag about to the advantage of the customer , The prices of most the brands have increased no end - Liz Earle (which i don't use) is more expensive on QVC than on their own website i believe!! as are some of the other brands they sell...

7. Less Qvc own brands and more well known brands - Maybe just a longer turnover, so maybe only 1 richard jackson show a week, get more brands and more choice with a wider variety of shows

8. Let the Guess speak!!!! - 100% agree, DF and JF never let the guest speak especially.

9. Employ me and I'll knock them into shape. They've let their reputation make them arrogant and its costing them...

10. Allow it so when you order something that is on easy pay everything you order at the same time can be on easy pay too

Quicker refunds
Get rid of the hard sell and egomaniac presenters and guests
Demonstrate makeup and skincare on a totally bare face, from scratch
Stop using stick thin models when selling shapewear
Bring back some REAL jewellery bargains, not glass stones or plating
Sell shoes in half sizes
Sell trousers in longer lengths
Listen to your customers
and of course all the other stuff such as p and p, delivery times etc etc

Charge realistic prices, eg not £300 for a silver and diamonique Tova necklace.

Get rid of awful presenters, ie most of them. Actually think about people's ability to speak/present effectively when employing them. Don't employ people with horrendous unbearable voices that make the audience switch off.

P&P obviously

Quicker refunds

Delivery times!

More beauty shows with more variety, there aren't nearly enough of the stocked brands covered in the shows. Stop the endless repetition of the biggest brands and over reliance on big selling products. I love Laura Geller but am sick to death of hearing about balance and sodding brighten!

Stop the endless gardening TSVs in spring and summer and over reliance on bedding for TSVs. Boring.

Stop the blatant lies, ie that they don't send out returns etc. Be honest, admit when they've cocked up, stop acting like con artists.

Be clear and honest about a brand's animal testing status and stock more cruelty free brands.

Carry ingredients lists on the website for all beauty products. There's no point waffling on about the miracle claims for x product, I'm not going to buy it if I can't find out what's in it and it's a lot easier to find out if it's in the item listing.

Sell nice clothes not all made of 100% acrylic.

Don't claim that they're the cheapest retailer for a particular thing when they're far from it.

Stop calling 20p off some amazing offer/sale.

Have online discount codes.

Last edited:
1) Axe Jill Franks, Ann Dawson, Pipa (aka Pippa) Gordon / Vanderburgh or whatever she calls herself, and Alison Young.
2) Employ Rosemary Conley as a presenter.
3) Employ Paul Lavers and return to the more edgy programming that made compulsive viewing.
4) Get rid of Dennis Basso and some of the "My Weekly" style fashions.
5) Have more things for younger people.
6) Forget "Christmas in July!"
7) Not take calls live in the studio from gushing old Enids who keep their gallstones in a jar on the mantelpiece and are at death's door.
8) Get rid of Sarah Shurety, Kirks Folly and that Suarti woman and her stupid dancing.
9) Have a cliff Richard hour.

QVC will make more money from their own brands, hence they ditched the original ones and brought out their own versions.

The presenters will only go if either the sales in their shows drops like a stone, or they don't agree to take the money offered in new contracts.
(Rosemary Conley you are taking the P*ss of course. The woman is well into her 70s and retired, but then her own business is in deep do do. But I can't see her being able to talk about 99% of products sold on QVC.)

Delivery times, the main problem is your order can sit on a shelf in the warehouse for 3 days before its even shipped. This is mainly the norm now apart from the odd group who do get their orders quickly.

I will say quite a few brands do not want to deal with QVC so they take what they can get. I remember AY saying that they would love a number of brands (no names mentioned), but they refused to agree to the QVC MBG.

I have noticed the other jewellery channels are all doing the plated or steel jewellery now. I think our days of great value 9ct gold or sterling silver have gone never to return.

The Ipad is here to stay, until the next high tech wonder comes along and ten years after that QVC will have the presenters using it. But its really:)mysmilie_15:) for the customer to keep in contact. The only good thing is the T Callers have dropped off. Perhaps that was the whole idea as most of them were elderly and housebound and the presenters you knew just did not want talk to them.

A website that actually works and does not crash if someone farts would be great. I have actually gone back to QCut as at least you know you will get your order.

I think everything's been covered so I'm not really adding anything, just summing up for me.
Retrain your presenters. The hard-sell, pushy approach is totally transparent, off-putting and smacks of a market trader (a number 2 market trader at that).
Don't take your audience for fools. We can see right through lies, illogicalities, hype, tat.
Show some respect to your guests. NEVER interrupt them. That is extremely rude. You wouldn't like it done to you in real life.
Get a good spread of quality products. We don't all like embellishments, beauty products, candles.
More tools and garden stuff for the workmen and gardeners. Cut down on the garden lighting.
Take a look at the high street to see what fashion sells and base your ranges on that, not just on what sells in QVC USA.
Set competitive prices for products. Why would I want to buy something I can buy cheaper elsewhere or that sells in a pound shop?
Cut out p&p charges and add them to the price of the product so we can see exactly what we're paying without having to do our sums each time. Again, to say "the price is ...£x " when £6 more comes out of my bank account is insulting my intelligence.

Last edited:
I wanted to like a lot of the previous posts but my PC froze so I stopped! I agree with so many points raised and I think:

Stop the hard sell. You cannot pretend to be our best friend and then use strong selling techniques. Tell presenters to stop it (forever yelling buy 2, buy 3, buy one in each colour) and just to present the items in an acceptable (yes enthusiastic but measured) way.

Do not try to persuade people to spend money they don't have, and don't try to make us believe that buying 3 items on 3 EP is the same as buying 1 item.

Stop presenters from interrupting guests, shouting over them, shouting generally, and being glued to ipads rather than listening to what their guests have to say. Limit the amount of ****** tweets about trivia you read out!

Improve the computer system to deal with returns. It is not a return as in "I don't like it" if it did not fit, was broken or got lost in transit. So only the first category should be recorded as a return when it comes to "the letter".

Make it clear that customers have DSR rights as well as a 30day MBG.

Deal with refunds promptly and don't try to diddle us out of the p&p refund.

For non-receipts, get rid of the letter which takes over a week to arrive or, if not, enclose a SAE so it does not cost us money to send it back.

Reduce p&p. I am not so upset to pay £6 for a set of three candles but by contrast £4 for some concealer is ridiculous.

Ban presenters from flogging their own books on screen!!!!!!

Last edited:
Putting aside the personal presenter gripes that I have i'd say that the one thing that annoys me most is when they sell a very well known, top brand (let's say Kitchen Aid, Apple etc) but rather than just sell the main product like the Mixer or iPad they bundle it with supposed 'Added Value', but of course at a cost. Sadly I have rarely ever seen such a bundle that is exceptional value but they invariably sweeten the deal by offering Easypay, often with 4 maximum payments.

Sure it's a convenient way to get a relatively high ticket product and spread the payments however, when you break down the overall costs it's unlikely you'll have bagged a genuine bargain. Very unlikely.

You will have effectively paid for the privilege of those 'Interest Free' Easypay instalments. But I doubt this practice will end anytime soon, it's no doubt a very good a money maker for them.

1) Axe Jill Franks, Ann Dawson, Pipa (aka Pippa) Gordon / Vanderburgh or whatever she calls herself, and Alison Young.
2) Employ Rosemary Conley as a presenter.
3) Employ Paul Lavers and return to the more edgy programming that made compulsive viewing.
4) Get rid of Dennis Basso and some of the "My Weekly" style fashions.
5) Have more things for younger people.
6) Forget "Christmas in July!"
7) Not take calls live in the studio from gushing old Enids who keep their gallstones in a jar on the mantelpiece and are at death's door.
8) Get rid of Sarah Shurety, Kirks Folly and that Suarti woman and her stupid dancing.
9) Have a cliff Richard hour.

Love your post Julius except the bit about Cliff Richard.

Ive had some more thoughts on this, so heres round 2
Treat your customers with respect rather than the contempt shown by arrogant presenters and guests ( Kelly Hoppen)

Give Inside leg measurements on trousers etc and accurate measurements on clothing
Other retailers do it and stay afloat, people will order with confidence if they hink they won't have to return the goods that dont fit

Stop penalising customers who return unacceptable goods that arrive broken, don't fit or are rubbish quality

Stop pushing the MBG as if you are doing us a favour

Stop selling poor quality, disposable costume jewellery as 'fine ' jewellery it's not, and we DO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE

Ditch the repetitive TSVS full of trial sizes to " gift" if I wanted o buy " gifts" I wouldn't choose a tiny anti wrinkle cream sample to give to someone I care about. It's embarrassing to think anyone would.

Last edited:
Oh thank you WOCC, I forgot -

Ban the phrase "sift and gift" and stop thinking up more and more people to whom we would wish to give more and more expensive gifts! I never want to hear about table gifts, teachers' gifts, person who walks your dogs gifts again quite frankly.

Stop teaching your grandmother to suck eggs. I know what I can put in a purse or handbag thank you very much.

QVC loves to brag about selling big brand names but most of these are very protective of their pricing structure so they rarely discount they just add in unnecessary "extras". So I'd like QVC to ditch these brands and go back to demonstrating weird and wacky gadgets and gizmos.

Use more presenters per 24 hour period and also air more products per day because its getting dull and repetitive like Ideal World.

Sack and replace their web team, they don't have a clue.

Talking of the website (where do I start?) I'd like to be able to run more specific searches of my account to quickly find a list of Advanced Orders, Waitlist, Returns etc and with full info of any easy-pays paid or due. I'd also like to be able to add comments either for my own use or for QVC to remind me when I returned the item and why so I don't (stupidly) re-order the same item because their sizing is wrong. It'd be really handy to note tracking references for returns against each item. Or even add a quick rating only review which would show on each item as from verified purchaser. Don't allow numpties to review items they haven't received yet (esp for new items as TSVs)! I could go on...

Sizing? Delivery times? Postage costs? 'nuf said!

Wesite again...I'd like to be able to expand and zoom every photo on an item on the website not just the main picture, including all the colour options which pop up when you hover over the little option choice squares but which it won't let me view properly enlarged.

Cliffy lives out of the country 90% of time now. Rumour and it is rumour of course:mysmilie_59:, says YewTree is very very very interested in him.

Really? Honestly I am staggered to hear that, and trust me I am not a naive person!

Ditto Ditto Ditto - you have all said it so well.

Vienna - I agree so much about half size shoes and different lengths of trousers (in my case short!)
Donna - I think you are right the days of good quality jewellery at fair prices are out no matter where you buy.
And the suggestion of being able to add remarks to your order/wait list etc is great (but will never happen in my lifetime) - how can they possibly be monitoring returns if they do not have the full details of why it went back (ie because some dippy presenter assured us it was a 39 chest when in fact it was more like at 35) rather than the fact it was falling apart.

the p&P seems to be the one thing that sticks with us all - and dont let them tell you any different it is to cover the EZP and 30 MBG (in part anyway), cos sure as hell that is not being given away for free.

There are a lot of people who never use either EZP or 30 MBG (ie using items rather than DSR) so does anyone think that there should be an opt out thing and if you want to have the extra comfort blanket you pay a little extra for it? Say a discount code for opting out? We all buy ranges we know we are never going to send back like YC and our normal beauty products so why should we pay extra all the time. I never use EZP after a balls up with them (Q's fault) and certaintly never for lowish value items.

I do live in a La La world sometimes but its good to dream!

Latest posts

Back