How awful does the lunchtime show have to get before they push the idea off a cliff?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

They remind me of University Challenge for wannabes. Similar to this lot but renamed Smirk, Smarm, Grasp and Gobshite. Their starter for 10 .....
View attachment 11611

I'll be we each have our idea of who is who from that lot!

Smirk SG
Smarm - The L'Occtaine ambassador Alexia (?) as she washes, and washes her hands whilst the smugness drips into the bowl.
Grasp - Flinty Binty
Gobshite - Techy Abbi

Our dear friends at QVC have clearly substituted the old QVC selection shows (which are now a once-in-a-blue-moon event) with this more "current" hodgepodge of the day's guests and products.

The only time I've seen this work successfully was when they did it themed around the garden and all the guests were flogging garden bits (on the downside they had Richard Jackson and Debbie Flint on the panel being snidey about other people - though that's nothing new). All the guests work together frequently anyway, so there was a nice rapport between everyone, rather than the usual stilted, brittle performance you get when they are clearly completely uninterested in the other parties' products or areas of expertise.

Give it a bit more time and it will probably be joined by .... The Tea-Time Show. After all, they signal that it's morning, and now lunch-time, but now it is surely time to tell us it's time for tea (or dinner)?? Then a couple more years down the line, we'll get a nine o'clock show to spoiler the IW pick of the day launch and provide that last-gasp opportunity to flog the stuff that didn't sell out earlier in the day... now where's my job offer from QVC for planning their programming???

I think Lizzie Cundy with her hint of side boob and her cheap hair straighteners is what the panel needs along with AY doing that essential viewing, vomit inducing, foot flesh-peeling, cling film wrapping hard skin remover application. And, of course, the demo of demos, that blue triangle toilet "brush" just might bring Charlie back without a food item tempter. :mysmilie_8:

The lunchtime show is absolutely dire. I have thought that since it started, they are trying to be Loose Womenish but failing magnificently. The presenters just make themselves look stupid and with the exception of James Read the guests just look embarrassed. I very rarely have it on and have been watching QVC Les and less as has a work colleague who never missed a TSV launch. The general shows are boring and predictable, the Lunchtime show is just pathetic.

Off work and that terrible show is on with the awful Ultrasun Abbey, awful Sara G, the fit overs woman and other annoying people. The only person missing to make the awful trio is Techy Abbey.

Well Abbey could beat SG in the Olympic "talking over everyone event" and this was about bleeding pies!!

Just hate it.

Hardly ever watch Q now and up until 2 years ago I was buying something (often more) every week.

Just who is it that likes SG and is keeping her in a job.

I get the impression that perhaps you are not a fan of the luchtime/loose womenesque format, or am I totally missing the gist of your posting :), sometimes it is worth watching but I admit given the line-up yesterday I must admit that this was probably not one of the best line-ups in the world, but sometimes they can be fun!

It is awful, but there's something truly wonderful about a guest who hasn't been briefed backstage to like everyone else's product, and they go "off message". I can't remember exactly who it was, but a while ago there was a guest (who isn't a regular) and she was asked if she liked someone else's product, she didn't have many positive things to say :mysmilie_17:

It is awful, but there's something truly wonderful about a guest who hasn't been briefed backstage to like everyone else's product, and they go "off message". I can't remember exactly who it was, but a while ago there was a guest (who isn't a regular) and she was asked if she liked someone else's product, she didn't have many positive things to say :mysmilie_17:

I'd like to see representatives from Decléor and Gatineau on at the same time on The Lunchtime Show because I bet they DESPISE eachother. I wonder why they rarely (if ever) mention that they are owned by L'Oréal and Revlon respectively?

I guess it's much like QVC rarely (if ever) say many of the 'brands' they sell (like the eyewateringly overpriced Green Seasons) are actually their own 'labels', they're not just 'exclusive' to them :mysmilie_59:

Only seen some lunchtime shows but they all these peoples don't seem to work. Even think when two presenters are on it's usually rather bitty and boring and too much talking twaddle with someone trying to be top dog. Nope, not the best viewing when all I want is good, honest words about the products! :mysmilie_1:

it is truly painful watching the guests feeling obliged to praise each others products... they just come across as really awful actors! I can't watch, it's just embarrassing!

it is truly painful watching the guests feeling obliged to praise each others products... they just come across as really awful actors! I can't watch, it's just embarrassing!

Some work and most of them don't, surprised it's lasted this long. :mysmilie_1:

Latest posts

Back