How about categorising the forum?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.

qvcAddict

Registered Shopper
Often people double post because they have missed a previous post so how about categorising the forum to make it easier to navigate?

So perhaps TSV's, Product Reviews, Customer Service, General, etc?

That or just give people the facility to search like other forums?

If it's not too much trouble for Graham I think that's a brilliant idea to have categories as there are so many posts every day, it's easy to miss something like a review.

Whilst I understand the need to generate revenue by having 'pay' areas of the site, it does irritate me that certain basic functionalities are denied to those of up who, for whatever reason, choose not to subscribe.

For instance, it really annoys me that I cannot look up my own posting history or search for old threads when I often know that I've previously seen the answer to a question I have. I've even been known to resort to googling, which will often throw up a link to an old thread that I can't access directly on here.

It actually strikes me as slightly ironic that, on a forum where we often complain about hidden charges/inflated p&p, the site itself makes up pay for this.

Last edited:
Whilst I might be prepared to pay to access all the site I am unlikely to do so because you never get the opportunity to sample the hidden content, before handing over your cash, to decide if it's for you.

As someone who uses the forum daily I did not begrudge the £6 fee to become a VIP member, which enables the search facility, I appreciate that this is needed towards forum running costs.

I do like the idea of categories with regard to TSV's, Customer Service etc, especially in QVC, but a lot of the time there post's deviate from their original post so I'm not sure it would work fully.

Often people double post because they have missed a previous post so how about categorising the forum to make it easier to navigate?

So perhaps TSV's, Product Reviews, Customer Service, General, etc?

That or just give people the facility to search like other forums?

There is a search facility on the forum but it is only available to VIP members. To become a VIP member you need to make a small donation using the yellow donate button at top of forum.

If you wish to put an idea forward regarding the forum then please contact Graham directly via PM.

Whilst I understand the need to generate revenue by having 'pay' areas of the site, it does irritate me that certain basic functionalities are denied to those of up who, for whatever reason, choose not to subscribe.

For instance, it really annoys me that I cannot look up my own posting history or search for old threads when I often know that I've previously seen the answer to a question I have. I've even been known to resort to googling, which will often throw up a link to an old thread that I can't access directly on here.

It actually strikes me as slightly ironic that, on a forum where we often complain about hidden charges/inflated p&p, the site itself makes up pay for this.

Unfortunately running the forum costs money and as in everyday life we can't please everyone all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back