Honora Pearls

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

historymystery

Registered Shopper
Just watched a bit of the end of the Honora hour with Kathy Tayler. She was talking over Ralph every time he tried to say something, very annoying, but I wondered if someone had a word in her ear, as she seemed to then pull back a bit and actually allow him to get some words out! I wouldn't mind, but her only contribution is the usual twaddle about how 'wonderful' each item is, and how it would look with x type of clothing, - and of course the obligatory reading out of an on-screen message from someone saying how fantastic the earrings are. Personally, I would like to hear more of what Ralph has to say - he's the brand ambassador and knows the product. Oh Gawd, Craig's now on....this is where I switch off.

I used to like Cathy ,but now I feel the words are same every time and no sense comes out of the item involved neither any facts .might as well mute and just see the item .Most of qvc presenters are for show only and to scream .No idea why they can't let the ambassador talk of their goods .Nowadays I hardly watch qvc ,if I want something I check the website , see the videos and check the prices elsewhere .Better to be calm ,save my money and enjoy other areas of entertainment ,no headaches .

I enjoy watching the Honora Pearls hours as I fnd Ralph eary to listen to, but I had to switch off this morning when Kathy was presenting, she hardly drew breath,and waffled on talking over Ralph.I switched off when she said CR was doing the next hour. QVC is getting more unwatchable every day.

I was fuming last night at Jackie spaniel ears who kept saying yes yes yes yes every time he opened his mouth.

Someone should tell her she is no Sally to his Harry.

Just watched a bit of the end of the Honora hour with Kathy Tayler. She was talking over Ralph every time he tried to say something, very annoying, but I wondered if someone had a word in her ear, as she seemed to then pull back a bit and actually allow him to get some words out! I wouldn't mind, but her only contribution is the usual twaddle about how 'wonderful' each item is, and how it would look with x type of clothing, - and of course the obligatory reading out of an on-screen message from someone saying how fantastic the earrings are. Personally, I would like to hear more of what Ralph has to say - he's the brand ambassador and knows the product. Oh Gawd, Craig's now on....this is where I switch off.

This is what gets me most with all the presenters endless interruptions of the brand ambassadors - they so seldom have anything of any value to contribute to the dialogue. Last time Tarte were on, Leigh had a few demo's cued up, and - every time she went to start - Catherine interrupted with a load of irrelevant cr*p about twitter etc, and talked until it was time to move on to the next item. It's so infuriating!! Similarly, I was watching something the other day (forget what) and didn't get to see / hear what I wanted to, as Debbie filled the time squeaking in that really high voice she reserves for mock-astonishment about what ridiculously good value something is, and how you should be buying it for anyone and everyone that has ever crossed your path.

I remember the old days when they never had guest presenters, and wharaya know? seems they still don't, you'd hardly ever know they were there. :mysmilie_17: Saying that though, in the five seconds I can suffer to look during the ad breaks, I very rarely get to see or hear a guest anyway.

These days it's all about the presenters the guests are only an add-on. They should introduce the guest, give a little bit of info about what the hour is about and then let the guest take over. Get rid of them all and start again some of us on here could do a much better job.

This is what gets me most with all the presenters endless interruptions of the brand ambassadors - they so seldom have anything of any value to contribute to the dialogue. Last time Tarte were on, Leigh had a few demo's cued up, and - every time she went to start - Catherine interrupted with a load of irrelevant cr*p about twitter etc, and talked until it was time to move on to the next item. It's so infuriating!! Similarly, I was watching something the other day (forget what) and didn't get to see / hear what I wanted to, as Debbie filled the time squeaking in that really high voice she reserves for mock-astonishment about what ridiculously good value something is, and how you should be buying it for anyone and everyone that has ever crossed your path.

This is now so bad that when you watch a video there is so much extra crap chat that often the bleeding product isn't even shown. That if nothing else should bring it home to them just how little USEFUL information they give out.

Latest posts

Back