"Hero shades" -are we set in our ways?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Weathergirl

Registered Shopper
Inspired by my Mally Taupe fetish I would love to hear if you have the same brand and shade that you always come back to. Any Q brand or otherwise will do.

Briefly mine are:

Mally Taupe eye stick
Mally Expresso Eyeliner
Mally Blossom liquid lip stick
Mally "Lighter" blush (both cream and powder varieties).
Chanel Vitalumiere in "Clair"

I have multiples of the above shades in my bag and always re-purchase.

For me it's Cornsilk powder
Clinique
lip liner in Lip blush
Estee lauder double wear concealer in Light medium
Clinique quick liner ilr in Really Black
Guerlain 2 brush mascara in black _ best I ever tried

Last edited:
Oh I forgot Urban Decay eyeshadow primer lasts for ever on lid eyeshadow stays overnight never moves
Lipstick Queen in medieval got 3 in drawer
This is my kind of thread

Last edited:
I'm in a rut! :mysmilie_476:

Loreal Color Riche Lipstick in Taffeta
YBF Brows
Clinique Superbalanced Alabaster Foundation, Invisible Blend Loose Powder, Foxier Eyeshadow, Naturally Glossy Mascara Jet Brown

I'm in a rut! :mysmilie_476:

Loreal Color Riche Lipstick in Taffeta
YBF Brows
Clinique Superbalanced Alabaster Foundation, Invisible Blend Loose Powder, Foxier Eyeshadow, Naturally Glossy Mascara Jet Brown

Nah... It's not a rut... You've found the ultimate regime so why change it?

I`m too old to bother about following trends so I stick with my tried and tested " face ".
Barefaced Beauty mineral foundation for day or Yves Rocher Youthful glow liquid foundation if I`m going out.
Yves Rocher Youthful glow powder
Bourjois blush in Healthy Mix, those little pots of blush which smell of roses
Mally taupe eye stick and before that I used a taupe shade in mineral eye shadow by Elemental Beauty
Mally mascara ( the only one I`ll use )
No 7 lip gloss in Smile
Max Factor lipstick in English Rose for Summer and Raisin for Winter
Quelques Fleurs perfume I`ve used for over 30 years and my Mother wore it too, my signature fragrance

Dior compact foundation in beige.
EL double wear mascara black
Clarins lipstick in rose berry

Chanel Coco Noir perfume

I forgot the Mally Mascara.

It's not just Mally for me though. Avon hair colour in "light blonde" -used for about 3 years now, at least as long as they have sold it.

Perfume-wise I still have not found my signature fragrance but L'Occitane would be my signature brand. Sadly they have discontinued my 2 favourites Fleur Cherie and Mint Verbena. I have just discovered another (discontinued) fragrance that is bloomin'gorgeous. It's Escada Margherita Ley, costs a fortune and smells identical (and I mean identical) to Elemis Frangipani Monoi. Which is probably my signature shower product as have been using it on and off since 2007/8.

Bronze.

No matter what brand I look and go,"OH BRONZE!!!!" No idea why. Actually its bronze eyeliner, I have in my head this shade of bronze eyeliner. Its scary the number I have, cream,liquid, pencil and even eyeshadows. They look great in the pan and when I apply they are just not quite the shade I really really want. I forget sometimes and have been known to come home with the same one twice!!!!

Lipstick, I seem to go for the same shades, I now think do I have that or very close to that at home. I am better at remember names than if just numbers on the tester.

A fantastic SA I know has been known to talk me out of things, by asking, "do you have something very similar already????"

But actual Hero.

Becca powder blush in Flowerchild
Armani powder blush no 10, a strange boring looking pink in the pan but on the cheeks WOW!!!
Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner pencils, I own loads of these.
Nars Loose Reflecting Finishing Powder, its white but blends in with every skin tone and has no talc
T.LeClerc Banane loose powder
Laura Mercier eye primer, she does different shades to suit each skin tone.

I wish I was so loyal! Always chopping and changing. The only thing that remains a constant is blusher, iced lotus by Clinique, perfect for porcelain skin and stays put all day.

I`m too old to bother about following trends so I stick with my tried and tested " face ".
Barefaced Beauty mineral foundation for day or Yves Rocher Youthful glow liquid foundation if I`m going out.
Yves Rocher Youthful glow powder
Bourjois blush in Healthy Mix, those little pots of blush which smell of roses
Mally taupe eye stick and before that I used a taupe shade in mineral eye shadow by Elemental Beauty
Mally mascara ( the only one I`ll use )
No 7 lip gloss in Smile
Max Factor lipstick in English Rose for Summer and Raisin for Winter
Quelques Fleurs perfume I`ve used for over 30 years and my Mother wore it too, my signature fragrance

What a lovely reason to wear a perfume Vienna. That's really made me smile. :sun:

Oh I forgot, Beauty Blender. Bought when they first appeared and used ever since. One usually last me well over six months, and its squeezing it with my nails which causes the damage rather than use or washing.

I try new shades but always go back to my old faithfuls...

Bobbi brown lip colour in beige and blush in desert pink and cream shadow in cement
Clinique even better foundation in neutral or bareminerals in medium beige ( either regular or matte depending on what finish I want)
Bareminerals mineral veil
Clarins eyebrow pencil in light brown

I do swap around mascaras and eyeliner pencils though but they have to be black

I don't really do colour...

Didn't mention my fragrance which has been discontinued which is very frustrating so any suggestions for alternatives welcome...

Origins gloomaway which is primarily grapefruit - they used to do an edt but then changed it to a body mist which was ok - now nothing apart from shower gels and lotions...

I always have to Clinique Quickliner in Really Black and Plum. I always come back to Clinique shadow duo in 'Strawberry Fudge'.

I used to try new products when I ran out of something but have decided when you try something that works, stick with it!
Have just returned to Clinique Moisture Surge tinted moisturiser No2 for me as it has a slight pink tone.
LG B&B Fair used as powder & concealer.
Again on the pink theme ( most face colours are too sallow for me) Bare Minerals All over face colour in Elation gives a slight pink blush & has a fab brush (QVC)
Any BM Moxi lip colours, loved Bobbi Brown until I tried these.
Doll10 Brow Fix.
Mascara , various using Mally @ moment but like Clinique.
Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus eye cream.Tried Elemis eye cream in a TSV & it 'rolled off'.

Also like the bareminerals 5in1 cream eyeshadow from last TSV, great as a subtle colour of base.

Latest posts

Back