Hermes returns delay - upto 28 days ??!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

jordie_tart

Registered Shopper
I returned a purchase using the new & recommended Hermes process, but couldn't see my the packages process through the myhermes website so I asked how I could track it .
the reply I received shocked me - apparently QVC can take upto 28 days to collect their returns from Hermes !!

"
I have checked the tracking and can see that it is not listed as it is a return to QVC. I can see that your QVC return is showing as ‘Received at Hub’ on 09/05/14. What happens now is that the parcel is held at our central Hub until QVC arrange for an external company to collect their parcels from us and bring them back to their own depot to be processed. This part of the process is out of our hands; all we do, once the parcel has reached our Hub, is hold on to it until QVC arrange for it to be collected from us.

They are usually collected from us within 14 days of arriving at our Hub, however, it can, in some cases, take up to 28 days. I do appreciate this seems like a timely process and apologise for any inconvenience but, once it reaches our central Hub, the timescale is out of our control.
"

I had a parcel which on the tracking said return received at hub or something like that so I emailed qvc as it was an expensive item and needed the money back, the replied saying please allow x days so I gave it a few more days and emailed again saying that Hermes had obviously list the parcel and stated what the tracking said and they refunded me. When I returned using Hermes next time they refunded me so I checked the tracking and it said the same as last time so I don't know if that us Hermes hub or qvc's hub

its to put people off returning items. so much for being only second to john lewis

Absolutely right! What contempt this shows for the customer and how problematic for the 30DMBG. I know things can go wrong with other retailers but Q seem to be the one which almost always requires a follow up call or email. I never buy things from them which you need to try on as I cannot face the thought of going through this stupid process, so it is the dreaded High Street for me with clothes, shoes etc..

I am currently waiting for an overdue, from today, Royal Mail delivery which I hope will come in the next couple of days because it is a faff getting them to post out the letter, having to pay to send back the letter before any sign of a refund or replacement. I know they are nice to speak to at Liverpool when you buy, the value can be excellent and the MBG is very popular, but when it comes to problems they are immovable and slow and so not deserving of the second most trusted brand status.

The last thing I returned which was a reasonably large parcel was actually cheaper to return via Royal Mail than Hermes, a pound cheaper. Plus I had my refund within just over a week.

Slightly off topic has anyone noticed how much slower Amazon are with deliveries at the moment? I am still waiting for an item ordered on 8th May and several garden products ordered on 12th May. All but one finally showing as "dispatched" and one still saying "dispatching soon/now". This is not my usual experience of Amazon at all. Normally receive orders within a couple of days.

Absolutely right! What contempt this shows for the customer and how problematic for the 30DMBG. I know things can go wrong with other retailers but Q seem to be the one which almost always requires a follow up call or email. I never buy things from them which you need to try on as I cannot face the thought of going through this stupid process, so it is the dreaded High Street for me with clothes, shoes etc..

I am currently waiting for an overdue, from today, Royal Mail delivery which I hope will come in the next couple of days because it is a faff getting them to post out the letter, having to pay to send back the letter before any sign of a refund or replacement. I know they are nice to speak to at Liverpool when you buy, the value can be excellent and the MBG is very popular, but when it comes to problems they are immovable and slow and so not deserving of the second most trusted brand status.

Recently Q have paid me a £1 to return the letters so just to be annoying I scanned the letter an emailed it back and kept the £1 serves them right for the letters I stupidly sent back out of my pocket before!

I know why they came second there were only two up for the award :mysmilie_19:

I've only returned one by the new Hermes return service and that was bad enough I actually think most of it is cheaper by RM to be honest. I bag several items up and return together by next day guaranteed and even if I send it on a Friday to get there Monday, as no point paying Sat delivery, it always gets there Saturday makes it cheaper if you have a few things you return. But even small packet is £3.20 1st or £2.80 2nd so cheaper than Hermes, I usually use 2nd as being a big company RM stuff gets there quicker anyway.

Recently Q have paid me a £1 to return the letters so just to be annoying I scanned the letter an emailed it back and kept the £1 serves them right for the letters I stupidly sent back out of my pocket before!

I know why they came second there were only two up for the award :mysmilie_19:

Did they pay you a pound because you asked or is this their new practice?

Actually I did them down unfairly in my post as my neighbour took my parcel in yesterday and brought it round this afternoon! So hurrah, no faffing about required.

Did they pay you a pound because you asked or is this their new practice?

Actually I did them down unfairly in my post as my neighbour took my parcel in yesterday and brought it round this afternoon! So hurrah, no faffing about required.

I said I'm not paying to return the letter so they need to send an sae with it and she said I'll pay you a £1 on your card right now to cover the cost, sure enough two days later (usual time with Q & my bank) the £1 arrived, I didn't say much just as a matter of fact statement, I was a little surprised but she offered it immediately, about time really.

that would explain why i'm still waiting for a refund for a recently returned item! not happy.

I said I'm not paying to return the letter so they need to send an sae with it and she said I'll pay you a £1 on your card right now to cover the cost, sure enough two days later (usual time with Q & my bank) the £1 arrived, I didn't say much just as a matter of fact statement, I was a little surprised but she offered it immediately, about time really.

WELL DONE!!!! I shall try that myself next time I need the letter (if I remember, lol).

I'm in the same situation with the hermes return, yet again, so have now to supply proof of postage etc. I've refused to supply it via letter so am awaiting them to email me the necessary form. I see this delay as just another paltry excuse to delay refunds to the customer. Well, money spends anywhere and I have cancelled items on advanced orders and found a load of stuff that will be returned in bulk, via Special Delivery, RM!!!

QVC, your processes are abysmal and you don't deserve my cash.

How the hell does that work with the 30 day mbg then?? Think I'll stick to the post office!

As long as you let the Q know within the 30 days you will be okay. Also, keep your proof of postage. What happens after that, is not your problem.

My gtech went belly up after a month do they got Hermes to collect on 26 April. This never showed as return on my order status so when I contacted them they said the would sent me a form to fill in.

Form never arrived but guess what, suddenly the order status showed as returned.

Something smells fishy and it ain't got gills!

Latest posts

Back