Help please

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Am considering buying a second tv to have in the bedroom.

The ones being presented on qvc appear to be all singing and dancing ...... it does this,,,,,it does that, Freeview, dvd player,etc, etc, and all you have to do is plug it in and it automatically tunes itself.

FINE ! but do you need an AERIAL ???? NO MENTION IS EVER MADE OF THIS RELEVANT FACT. My only aerial point is in the lounge, so do I need an extension or am I a dinasaur in my thinking here. Don't tvs actually need an aerial these days ?

Can any of you technophobes out there help me, cos I don't want to look a complete dingo if I decide to buy from a shop.

You can buy a portable arial that plugs into an electric socket one end and then into the back of the tv.

I feel your frustration! No one mentioned whether the tsv was 3g - obviously not as they would have been flogging the fact to death!

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk 2

I have a television in the bedroom and have an aerial going into it. A proper one coming from the
loft, doesnt cost much for the aerial man to do.. I suppose you could use the old fashioned plug
in aerials, but this one gives great picture and you dont have to continually move the aerial , which
i remember i used to do with the plug in ones. Just my opinion, hope this helps .....................

Yes you will need an aerial. A plug in one may work but this is dependent upon where you live. Digital signals (as opposed to analogue) function much better with a proper aerial and your tv picture will 'block' if the reception is not good enough. If you just want to watch dvd's and not tv progs then you won't need an aerial. If you already have an 'outside' aerial, an installer could split the aerial and feed a secondary cable to your bedroom.

Thank you all. I did assume somewhere along the line an aerial would be needed - and not a "plug in and go" which they indicate on the tele. So its hardly a case of "could'nt be easier". Why they dont give us the facts we need instead of all the fluff is beyond me.

i watch telly in bed on my ipad using the TV Catch Up website. it broadcasts all the freeview channels live.

I'm sure your bedroom would be nicer without a telly in it, but if you want one you could get a smart TV and watch tv via your wifi maybe?

I do agree BB about no tv in the bedroom, but I'm one of the generation who only ever had one tele in the house, (the 1st one was rented for the Coronation), so to be able to go to bed early and watch tv from the luxury of my bed is an item thats been on my Bucket List for years !

Um, smart TV ? you're way beyond me here. I'm still getting my head around the 'plug in and go' system !!!!!!

I got my bedroom television put on the wall by my OH, who is a builder, and it was
wonderful, for over 2 years. A month ago came home from work to the news that
it had "fell" of the wall, completely broke the tele, and a glass fronted drawer of my
bedroom unit, insurance claim followed. Got new tele (got my son to pick it for me)
and waiting on drawer to get fixed. Wasnt funny at the time, but can laugh about it
now :hi:

Fell off the wall after 2 years ????? I'm not going to even think about what vibrations caused it to happen !!!!

Latest posts

Back