Help! - Day Cream With An SPF

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Catkins

Registered Shopper
I know you lovely people know your stuff when it comes to all things beauty so I thought I'd ask you to help me with my quest. I'm trying to find a day cream with SPF15 or more that isn't sticky and won't irritate my skin. I've tried Elemis Liquid Layer but found it really sticky and contrary to what they say, it does make you look a tad chalky. It doesn't have to be from QVC I'll even try the high street:11:! I do use Bare Minerals foundation which I know has SPF15 but sometimes I don't bother with foundation so would like a moisturiser to protect me form the sun and all the other stuff AY warns us against. Any suggestions would be really gratefully received.:1:

l'occitane shea butter face cream spf15 is really rated highly in the beauty bible. i like this as its actually quite lightweight and lasts ages.

It doesn't have to be from QVC I'll even try the high street:11:! I do use Bare Minerals foundation which I know has SPF15 but sometimes I don't bother with foundation so would like a moisturiser to protect me form the sun and all the other stuff AY warns us against.

My daughters (always in a rush!) like using Boots no 7 Dual Protection Tinted Moisturiser SPF15! It just gives a soft tint to the face, not a deep colour like foundation!
I've tried it myself & liked it, not at all heavy or claggy (which I hate) & goes on/absorbs quickly & easily! Perfect for days when you don't want to go the whole hog, or haven't got time! lol

Clientele Estro-Lift Day Therapy and Clientele Elastology Age Blocker both contain SPF25. The Estro-Lift is quite a light texture (and smells of something like butterscotch angel delight!), whereas the Elastology is a heavier texture and takes a touch more working into the skin. No chalkiness with either of them. :)

Clientele Estro-Lift Day Therapy and Clientele Elastology Age Blocker both contain SPF25. The Estro-Lift is quite a light texture (and smells of something like butterscotch angel delight!)

I use Estro-Lift currently & that's a good description of the smell! lol
It goes on quite nicely but I do still find it leaves a little bit of a sticky feeling behind on its own so I usually pop a bit of the Sheer Warmth on top, which leaves a nice soft satiny feel to my skin!
(Don't overdo the Sheer Warmth though as it has a tendency to crack round the mouth & ears, which is not such a good look!)

I use Clarins multi active day lotion SPF15 - it is gorgeous really light - or if you prefer something heavier they do it in a cream as well.

I like Molton Brown's Instant Matte Shine Control. It's really light and sinks in well without leaving stickiness. It has SPF 15! I wouldn't say it leaves the skin ever so matte, just slightly more matte than an average moisturiser.

Have you tried any of the Clinique range? The superdefense SPF25 is good. Or moisture sheer tint with SPF15 for a touch of colour.

Clientele Estro-Lift Day Therapy and Clientele Elastology Age Blocker both contain SPF25. The Estro-Lift is quite a light texture (and smells of something like butterscotch angel delight!), whereas the Elastology is a heavier texture and takes a touch more working into the skin. No chalkiness with either of them. :)

That sounds amazing! Wouldn't know whether to put it on my face or eat it!!
:33:

I have a similar problem in wanting to use an spf, but not liking a lot of the creams that contain them. My favourite solution is to use the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer that has Dermaxyl in it & an spf of 15. Don't be put off by it being a primer. You're not obliged to put make up on afterwards & it will make your skin look better than moisturiser alone even without foundation on top.

QVC sell it, but as usual JBD are cheaper! http://www.justbeautydirect.co.uk/department/spf_photo_finish_primer/

Then there is always the Sarah Chapman moisturiser with SPF15...one of the very few that doesn't make me itch!

Well I've used Oil of Olay with SPF15 (in white bottle) for years. It has a very light consistency and I love it (OH uses it too). I know it won't be everyone's choice but it's not expensive or heavy and I use it on holiday in really hight temperatures and have never had my face burnt.

Laura Geller Moisture Compound has an SPF 30 in it, has a nice fragrance and texture and lasts a long time. There have been problems with the pump dispenser in the past, but I've got a small tube of it on the go at the moment and it's lovely...

A big thank you to you all. Thats certainly given me plenty to choose from. I didn't realise there were so many moiturisers out there with SPF. Just goes to show that QVC aren't the only option for your skincare. Is it me or do they not do many items with sun protection in them or have I just not been watching at the right time.

I've been using Korres Watermelon Tinted Moisturiser SPF30 which I am really liking. I use Sand, the lightest. Looks really dark when it comes out of the tube but seems to vanish when you put it on your skin - just leaves you with a healthy looking complexion. I also use their Watermelon SPF30 on my face on holiday when going bare faced ... but it's fine under a powder make-up too (SB Halo or LG BnB).

Latest posts

Back