Heavy Eyed

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

In my younger days I wore lots of eye make up,the full works including false lashes for nights out.As a teenager in the sixties I even drew on those Twiggy lashes under my eyes which looked great back then. These days I only wear mascara because anything more just makes my eyes look tired,wish I knew what eyeshadow would look okay though to brighten me up a bit without looking heavy. By the way I hope Hooded Claw keeps that avatar a while longer it makes me laugh every time I see it.

omg! i forgot the drawn on twiggy eyelashes! i used to do that as well! and a big sort of hoop in the socket like lulu had. in fact i could have written every word of that post myself! including the avatar bit ;)

I love Hoodedclaw's avatar too, please keep it until Zara Phillips gets married as I'm sure the princesess will have some interesting outfits on there too.

what about bea and eugenie themselves? now their weddings are gonna be a must see!

love, LOVE the avatar! not only the pic but the comment. heheheeeee

Last edited:
When I was a teenager I'd wear dark navy shadow from lash to socket, with layers and layers of black kohl (inc in the lower rim), black liquid liner on top, mascara, and nothing else. Of course when you get a little older make-up becomes more about enhancing your features than making a statement. I've now learned that navy shadow should only be used to line the lashes and that soft neutrals look best on the lid with mid-tones in the socket.

Your life and face change over the years and your make-up has to change to reflect that. You constantly have to learn new techniques and looks that flatter and that's why make-up is so much fun.

On the subject of make-up mistakes, my pet hates are foundation too dark for the wearer's skin, strong bronzer, heavy black liner (dark brown is so much more flattering on everyone), flakey mascara caused by user overload, and lip liner that's darker than the lipstick. I see women of all ages making these mistakes and I always think they've missed the point of make-up, which is to look better!

When I was a teenager I'd wear dark navy shadow from lash to socket, with layers and layers of black kohl (inc in the lower rim), black liquid liner on top, mascara, and nothing else. Of course when you get a little older make-up becomes more about enhancing your features than making a statement. I've now learned that navy shadow should only be used to line the lashes and that soft neutrals look best on the lid with mid-tones in the socket.

Your life and face change over the years and your make-up has to change to reflect that. You constantly have to learn new techniques and looks that flatter and that's why make-up is so much fun.

On the subject of make-up mistakes, my pet hates are foundation too dark for the wearer's skin, strong bronzer, heavy black liner (dark brown is so much more flattering on everyone), flakey mascara caused by user overload, and lip liner that's darker than the lipstick. I see women of all ages making these mistakes and I always think they've missed the point of make-up, which is to look better!

did you do bea's make up?? :cheeky:

what about bea and eugenie themselves? now their weddings are gonna be a must see!

love, LOVE the avatar! not only the pic but the comment. heheheeeee

Never thought of their very own nuptials, oh joy, AND Fergie will be able to go, what on earth will she wear as mother of the bride?. Will now be following gossip pages in anticipation!!

Latest posts

Back