Heard it all now

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

A toastie maker is also good for cooking omelettes, frying eggs, and making cake.

I love cheese and onion toasties .Eggs cooked in them ,beaten with a bit of salt and pepper are lovely and fluffy.They come out toaster shaped too.Should I say 'designer 'scrambled egg?I leave cleaning off any burned cheese for as long as possible
before returning it to the cupboard, but hope my OH might want to make a toastie .He then would have that unenviable task!!

I love cheese and onion toasties .Eggs cooked in them ,beaten with a bit of salt and pepper are lovely and fluffy.They come out toaster shaped too.Should I say 'designer 'scrambled egg?I leave cleaning off any burned cheese for as long as possible
before returning it to the cupboard, but hope my OH might want to make a toastie .He then would have that unenviable task!!

Pp, I like your style :mysmilie_19:
Always have your toastie first so the other half has to clean it, well it's only fair they had it last. Ooh yes agree about the "designer" scrambled eggs, I do that too. If you pour cake mix in, it cooks it great. I put cream in the middle and make a chocolate sponge triangle shaped cake :mysmilie_17:

Like others I’ve had them in the past and the cleaning part isn’t great.

Now I just use a grill pan on the hob. Granted it doesn’t seal them, nor could you use raw food but they are bliddy lovely. In fact I think I use my grill pan most of any pot or pan as I usually do most in the oven but there is nothing to beat a chargrilled steak/chicken/chop. If I’m cooking a pasta dish I use it to chargrill bread which I can smother in olive oil or rub garlic on, bread a bit on the stale side comes up lovely.
A good non stick heavy one only needs a wipe (obviously more cleaning with meat).

I love tuna and salad cream sarnies made in a frying pan. I butter the outsides of the bread so it doesn't stick but goes that lovely golden brown. No idea if that's what you're supposed to do (no toastie maker), but it works for me.

I love tuna and salad cream sarnies made in a frying pan. I butter the outsides of the bread so it doesn't stick but goes that lovely golden brown. No idea if that's what you're supposed to do (no toastie maker), but it works for me.

Basically a TM just seals it and makes it into a pretty shape otherwise no difference

Latest posts

Back