Heard it all now(molton brown)

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Flamingo

Registered Shopper
Apparently having molton brown in your bathroom is 'all that matters' and the spirit of Christmas is a molton brown Christmas bauble.

:mysmilie_1::mysmilie_1:

I'll stick to my £2 Bayliss and Harding. Most people can't tell the difference!

I'll stick to my £2 Bayliss and Harding. Most people can't tell the difference!

If you kept an old Molton Brown bottle and filled it up with Bayliss and Harding, would most people really notice the difference?

They really do go OTT about MB and L'Occitane. I have Radox hand wash in my kitchen and its lovely. In an ideal world l would love to use all these luxury products every day but l really can't run to it anymore.

The Molton Brown outlet stores are doing special priced sets containing the Christmas baubles.

Let`s face it, QVC doesn`t have much in the way of reasonable Christmas gifts and by reasonable I mean value for money, reasonable p and p, good quality and plenty of choice. Most of their stuff is overpriced tat with ridiculous p and p so I daresay they`ll plug and push the likes of MB as often as they can. If you compare the choice and prices at Q to Marks, Boots, Debenhams, Amazon etc who all have discounts, 3 for 2 or other offers and free p and p or capped p and p, then Q come way down the list for my Christmas shopping.

If you kept an old Molton Brown bottle and filled it up with Bayliss and Harding, would most people really notice the difference?
They really do go OTT about MB and L'Occitane. I have Radox hand wash in my kitchen and its lovely. In an ideal world l would love to use all these luxury products every day but l really can't run to it anymore.

Too true ! at the end of the day its only perfumed washing up liquid, and would you pay twenty odd quid for that ???

Let`s face it, QVC doesn`t have much in the way of reasonable Christmas gifts and by reasonable I mean value for money, reasonable p and p, good quality and plenty of choice. Most of their stuff is overpriced tat with ridiculous p and p so I daresay they`ll plug and push the likes of MB as often as they can. If you compare the choice and prices at Q to Marks, Boots, Debenhams, Amazon etc who all have discounts, 3 for 2 or other offers and free p and p or capped p and p, then Q come way down the list for my Christmas shopping.

I agree with you. I have done really well this year in Boots with their 3 for 2 and their fragrance offers. I also used my extra points coupons wisely and now have a nice amount to treat myself to something! M&S do some good food gift offers for half price too. I have bought quite a few times of biscuitsin nice tins for under a fiver each! You can stick your expensive Churchill's QVC!!!!

I ordered quite a few things off M&S this morning all at half price and in Store to collect tomorrow. For myself I use Soap and Glory bath and products they last ages and I love the smell and at £6-50 for 500mls of shower cream a bargain IMO.

a bottle of molton brown handwash or l'occitane handwas lasts nearly a year. plus when my friends and family see them the ooooh and the ahhhhhh

Ooooooooh, tut tut tut - that's just like putting Grants in the Glenlivet bottle :mysmilie_503: People like me can always tell :mysmilie_17:

I do love my MB but I'm quite selective and I don't buy to impress guests because I rarely have any, which is their loss and not mine I have to say. They could have MB in the bathroom and Glenlivet in the glass.

CC

Yes I bought several things from Marks website this morning too and got free p and p cos the order was over £30.

Ooooooooh, tut tut tut - that's just like putting Grants in the Glenlivet bottle :mysmilie_503: People like me can always tell :mysmilie_17:

I do love my MB but I'm quite selective and I don't buy to impress guests because I rarely have any, which is their loss and not mine I have to say. They could have MB in the bathroom and Glenlivet in the glass.

CC

Ha ha. Love it! I buy MB and L'Occitane because I like the smells or textures. They're all for me though. My bf prefers Tesco stuff, and my friends who visit all prefer a bargain. I have bought some MB baubles as little gifts to say thanks to people who have helped me out with moving etc this year. I know they'll appreciate the perceived extravagance, they just wouldn't buy it themselves! Oh and one friend who is here almost every day without fail comments on how she loves my L'O hand wash, so she has a bottle and a refill as she'd never find them in the pound shop!!

I did a QVC survey about Molton Brown last weekend.

Did I know the brand, what did I think of these collections etc.

Yes, don't like the choices you give in kits. So I think after all the begging for MB to come back, its not doing as well as QVC expected. People can buy direct from MB who have loads of deals going on throughout the year anyway. The Outlets stores are there. A friend got all her Christmas gifts from one, gift wrapped for her and saved over half price, got free gifts a scented reeds set for her self.

i buy one mb tsv every two years if/when qvc sell it. same with l'occitane a bottle lasts ages like i said a bottle lasts a year. i love the scents they last for ages and smell nice when your washing your hands.

I had a really bad allergic reaction to MB shower gel years ago and haven't touched any of it since...

Do like L'Occitance handwash but only buy occasionally - agree re TKMaxx, have tried loads from there and they have all been lovely.

I bought a lovely hand wash from TK Maxx, it was French, paraben free, smelt divine, 500mls and only cost £4.99, but it didn't last a year, only about 10 weeks and there's only 2 of us living here!

I used to fill Bayliss and Harding bottles with Molton Brown. I loved the smell of the Black Peppercorn shower gel on my husband but he thought it was too expensive to just be going down the drain.

I bought loads of the Christmas baubles last month direct from MB, also a few boxes of the shower gel sets for the staff at my Dads nursing home. Got loads of freebies too which I will put in my handmade crackers at Christmas along with the L'Occitane and Ren freebies that came on the front of magazines.

Latest posts

Back