Have QVC lost the plot?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

From Minim......Reports Earnings Results for the Fourth Quarter and Full Year of 2011
Feb 23 12
...... Revenue decreased 1% and increased 1% in local currency in the fourth quarter and the full year, respectively.
The decrease in the fourth quarter was primarily due to sales declines in electronics and jewelry categories, partially offset by an increase in beauty products.
T

This clearly answers the question as to why there are so many Beauty Days; obviously to them a no-brainer for quick profit, by tapping into the female psyche of wanting to look good and will pay the money to do so !!!!

Thanks Minim for all the info. Makes very interesting reading.

I along with most people on here will watch the presentations on Q then if we like the product google it and find it up 25% cheaper and often with FREE P&P.
Yes you don't get the 30DMG or easy pay but you do still have your rights under the distant selling regulations for returns.
By doing this I have not bought from Q for almost 2 years now and have saved £ on P&P, while still benefiting from there presentations and advice.
So it is a win win situation . Well for me it is. Q aren't doing so well out of it!!

I too am priced out of QVC.I've said for a while,it now seems to be more Harrods than QVC.

I'm honest when I say I don't need anything from QVC...for me its mostly been about spending on me.....I've rarely bought something from QVC for someone else or as a present...so in these finicial times,if QVC can't offer me something thats good value,well I'd prefer to go without...I don't want to be ripped off...and thats a bit how I feel about QVC at the moment.They'll have to work harder for me to part with my cash for whats in reality a non-essential buy.

QVc have changed so much over the years...they used to be where you'd find something "different".I won't be tuning into the tut of Christmas in July...but I used too...and got some really unusual christmas candles etc..they don't seem to do things like that anymore.They seem obsessed with "celebrity" and the latest "must have"...celebrity "guests"...any guests....every show seems to warrant a guest...they never used to....is this what we're all paying for I wonder?!

I strongly object to Christmas starting in July, it's ridiculous beyond belief. I will avoid qvc like the plague next Tuesday & Wednesday.

I have just done a check up and review on my finances and have calculated that with my pay freeze which is now in its second year (happy birthday!) and the increases in all my essential bills, I am now £130 a month worse off than I was two years ago. I know I am not unusual in this and I have been slashing my spending to cope, so £200 necklaces and £60 pots of face cream will not be winging their way to SS towers any time soon. My treats are now far more likely to be fresh flowers from the market, a few bits from Dunelm and some 3 for 2 at Boots.

The problem is, people are complaining about the lack of fashion and choice. so when something shall we say designer comes on, its I wouldn't pay that etc.

All the brands mentioned are classed as designer. Someone on the Facebook page last week was complaining about the lack of British designers. But, are they willing to pay the prices they will be charged? I doubt it.

I do so agree with that. We have become so use to expecting and buying cheap clothes and other goods produced by all and sundry around the world, we've forgotten how expensive things would be if they were produced in the UK.

Silversequin, I like Dunelm too, prices are good and lots of choice. As has already been said, qvc used to show things that were a bit different and unusual,but not any more.

I have just done a check up and review on my finances and have calculated that with my pay freeze which is now in its second year (happy birthday!) and the increases in all my essential bills, I am now £130 a month worse off than I was two years ago. I know I am not unusual in this and I have been slashing my spending to cope, so £200 necklaces and £60 pots of face cream will not be winging their way to SS towers any time soon. My treats are now far more likely to be fresh flowers from the market, a few bits from Dunelm and some 3 for 2 at Boots.

I REALLY miss the markets in the UK. They don't have them here, only the odd tiny one with 4 or 5 stalls of handmade jewellery or such like. I used to go to Folkestone market every Sunday morning, then had a fry up in a cafe - brilliant!

I REALLY miss the markets in the UK. They don't have them here, only the odd tiny one with 4 or 5 stalls of handmade jewellery or such like. I used to go to Folkestone market every Sunday morning, then had a fry up in a cafe - brilliant!

OOh yes I love a market too, where I live we have a permanent indoor one, great for fabric, plants, flowers, cheeses, and near my house there is a weekly one with locally grown veg, eggs, general knick knacks and assorted clothes stalls selling stuff that would not be out of place on Q given the amount of lurid trimmings and synthetic fabrics!!

SilverSequin, so many of us are being frugal. Luckily, the web provides lots of ideas. Thanks to SlinkyCat and her blog, JenNailsIt, she opened a whole new world of stamping/jellies/syruping/gradients/glitter and other terms! Nail polish is going to be my new treat, but not Qs bundles. So many other choices out there. My 'wallpaper' now is gorjuss blurple nails with a RoseGold glitter gradient. That picture makes my heart smile even if I don't get around to doing it myself. x A more discerning Snarly

Are the products getting more and more expensive or is it me? The other day we had that hideous 'Yomkipur' fashion some of which cost a fortune then we had those very expensive handbags from Miss G. and yesterday there was the Judith Ripka Silver Diamoneek at totally ridiculous prices IMO. I think they have priced me out of the market of late.

Yom Kipur fashion. Never in a million years would I wear Yong Kim, especially on Yom Kipur!

Because of my 'circumstances', WelshWaterAssist capped charges at £250 p.a. and SwalecExtraHelp has a £130 p.a. rebate. These benefit forms were available online, and similar programmes in your area may apply. They've been a GodSend. This may help you or someone in your family, if you qualify! ;-) x Snarly

Prices on Q have gone up loads. Take Tignanello bags, not long ago they ranged in price from 45 -60 quid. Now the new ones are all 100 or around that. Since having my clearout I refuse to buy any more bags. I lapsed with a kipling that was returned immediately as the quality was so bad. The only things I have bought I have wanted for ages and been waiting to be reduced or on easy pay. The only new QVC obsession I have acquired is Lori Grenier. I am a sucker for a useful storage gadget! I have been buying my EH skincare from Q too, and l'occitane hand soap. However every last drop is used and I only stockpile regular repeat purchases. I do keep my eye open for the same thing cheaper elsewhere before buying though. I am horrified at the jewellery prices and drop in quality so rarely buy now, and I have returned around 80% of any fashion purchases from Q. My problem is a genuine loathing of real shopping, and Q is just easy I suppose. I am buying a lot less, not just because we all need to budget but I am genuinely amazed at the hike in prices and unjustifiable attitude to p & p in this day and age.

Latest posts

Back