Has the hairdresser....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just read that Amazon are opening a state of the art hair salon in Spitalfields, where customers can see what their hair may look like before having it done, now if only they will open one in the Midlands, I would be tempted to give it a go ;)

Isn’t their an app thingy where you upload a photo and then superimpose styles on yourself?

I remember reading about it years ago and was just this morning thinking I might give it a lookie.

This is the longest my hair has been in 20 years so this is the first and probably last opportunity I will have to do a total restyle.

Just read about a woman who was shocked at being charged £300 for a hair colour and treatments in a central London salon.

She said she has very long hair and it took 4 hours.

TBH I’m not that surprised as that is only £75 per hour including several treatment materials and it was London.

My hairdresser does it at an extension to her house in the country, takes 20/30 mins tops, absolutely no treatments, just shampoo and conditinerant, not even hairspray cos I hate “product” and she charges me £30 which is £80 to £90 per hour and no materials.

A plumber costs more!

Just read about a woman who was shocked at being charged £300 for a hair colour and treatments in a central London salon.

She said she has very long hair and it took 4 hours.

TBH I’m not that surprised as that is only £75 per hour including several treatment materials and it was London.

My hairdresser does it at an extension to her house in the country, takes 20/30 mins tops, absolutely no treatments, just shampoo and conditinerant, not even hairspray cos I hate “product” and she charges me £30 which is £80 to £90 per hour and no materials.

A plumber costs more!
People forget that if a stylist spends 4 hours on them, that is a real cost to the stylist, as several clients with simpler needs could be generating a lot more income for the stylist in the same amount of time...and with London rent, rates and salaries to pay, and income earning time to make up post lockdown that price is understandable.

Sally is the model who has had tatty hair ever since I’ve seen her on QVC it’s just it’s got much darker in shade, over the years.
The model whIch looks to have an added on section appears from what I can remember to have a bob and a longer section at the back coming out from underneath. I pointed it out to hubby and he could clearly see what I could.
So I’ll leave it for you to come across it for yourself she’s been on Q a while does fashion. Also caught her roots the other day they really did need a top up. 🤭😂
I saw Jane Catherine on one of the Frank Usher hours, her hair did look quite poor. I know the salons were shut for over three months, however, many of the rest of us did everything to keep our hair looking good & if models can't do that they're not as professional as they should be.

I saw Jane Catherine on one of the Frank Usher hours, her hair did look quite poor. I know the salons were shut for over three months, however, many of the rest of us did everything to keep our hair looking good & if models can't do that they're not as professional as they should be.
Given that both Sally's and Natascha's hair on that show looked horrendous I wonder if they had someone in to give them an "edgy" look. But if so, many of us have been rocking edgy looks for weeks or months now!
Jane Catherine has always seemed to me to have relatable hair, for me at least, as it is very thin...trying to give it volume can be very damaging to its condition.

Did you spot the much shorter sections in a line, on the top layer

Even if I have to wait for a cut or a trim I will always do my elastsicer treatments and use my PK shampoo and conditioner. No need for not looking after your own hair.

Given the reports in the press, it sounded like a rules steeplechase to get it...
No if C19 was expected to effect your business and your past income was within the criteria you could get it. They are on the 4th tranche now.

Of ourse those who for years have been cheating the system by understating their profits have had it come back to bite them on the arse.

SEISS grants (all 4 instalments) have been available to all self employed no matter the nature of that self employment. All hairdressers and beauticians who have been in business for the specified number of years should have qualified

The friend who has been getting her hair cut and colour by the hairdresser who works from her during the lockdown. Told me that the hairdresser has suddenly put her prices up by £10.

I was talking to my aunt today, and she said she was down the park this morning to the local shop and looked in the hairdresser's window which was packed. The manager came out and said do you want your hair done? My aunt said it was okay, but the manager said no you are one of our long-standing customers of course you get done ahead of casual customers. So my aunt nipped home to leave her shopping and came back and taken straight away.

SEISS grants (all 4 instalments) have been available to all self employed no matter the nature of that self employment. All hairdressers and beauticians who have been in business for the specified number of years should have qualified
Compared to employees on furlough the SEISS has been much less. Don't get me started on how some female self employed have been penalised if they were on maternity during any of the tax years used to calculate the SEISS.

Latest posts

Back