Has the 'coming through' season started?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Miss Grumpy

Registered Shopper
I adore Centigrade, and have a bulging wardrobe of them to prove it. But every time we get a Centigrade TSV we get Glenn. And the best way to raise money for charity, if you have friends who are QVC watchers, is to ask them to drop a coin in a receptacle every time Glen says that something is "coming through".

It's like nails on a blackboard to me, but I have learned to fine myself, and therefore do something useful for a good cause while frothing at the mouth during Centigrade hours.

Every colour, every pattern, if it's block coloured, if it's striped, if it's short, if it's long, if they're trying to sell it on QVC at the time...............then it's bang on trend. :mysmilie_13:

Every colour, every pattern, if it's block coloured, if it's striped, if it's short, if it's long, if they're trying to sell it on QVC at the time...............then it's bang on trend. :mysmilie_13:

And if it's bang on trend, it must be fashion forward as well.

Ooh fashion cliche bingo.

How long before we can "dress it up, dress it down"??

And they're all "easy pieces".

If the coming through season has started it surely must mean that the Richard Jackson season is coming to an end, so for me that means we lose one thing that doesn't interest me and replace it with another.

Re fashion cliche bingo. Have they dropped that obsession with the postman? I used to watch a lot of QVC many years ago, and all the female presenters on fashion hours seemed to have a mortal fear of being caught out, when opening the door to the postman, wearing something unfashionable. We were often entreated to buy something to throw on before opening the door to him.

Given that the number of home deliveries has escalated, I trust all you lady posters in these threads have a number of suitable outfits to throw on at a moment's notice to answer the door to the Hermes, DNT, Yodel men. For Tesco, perhaps something with embellishments. For John Lewis....oh heck... I can't think of anything in pure linen with unfussy lines from QVC to open the door to the green van man.

I have just watched the recording I made last night. Forgot to time it, but the 'quilted little piece coming through" was less than 3 minutes in. At that point I hurled myself at the off button.

This bum-freezer jacket ("coat") is not for me. It's too short to keep the northern winds of my ample posterior. But then it is only a 'transitional' piece. That must be a bingo full house now.

I get fed up of hearing clothes described as pieces, causes a bit of an eye roll here! Ditto when rooms are called spaces on the property shows. Pass the sick bag, Alice.

They just had the TSV coat on - Goody looks like a superannuated schoolgirl. Not a good look!

QVC have been parading a constant stream of jackets which are all described as coats. They are not coats!!!!
Coat: an outer garment with sleeves, worn outdoors and typically extending below the hips.
Jacket: an outer garment extending either to the waist or the hips, typically having sleeves and a fastening down the front.

That's true, not forgetting it's all over the catwalk this season :giggle:

Have the presenters gone back to talking about the catwalk? The last time I sat through a fashion hour (2-3 years ago), they were all trying to copy the American guests and say 'runway'.

This is because to the Yanks, a catwalk would be where a prozzer walked on her way from the cathouse.

But every time they used runway, I expected Goody and others to get a breeze up inside their polyester garments and be cleared for takeoff.

Have the presenters gone back to talking about the catwalk? The last time I sat through a fashion hour (2-3 years ago), they were all trying to copy the American guests and say 'runway'.

This is because to the Yanks, a catwalk would be where a prozzer walked on her way from the cathouse.

But every time they used runway, I expected Goody and others to get a breeze up inside their polyester garments and be cleared for takeoff.

I've never, ever sat through a "fashion" hour even when I used to watch QVC slightly more than I do now, which is almost
never, but yes I believe "cat walk" is still thrown around, which in itself is hilarious.

Re fashion cliche bingo. Have they dropped that obsession with the postman? I used to watch a lot of QVC many years ago, and all the female presenters on fashion hours seemed to have a mortal fear of being caught out, when opening the door to the postman, wearing something unfashionable. We were often entreated to buy something to throw on before opening the door to him.

Given that the number of home deliveries has escalated, I trust all you lady posters in these threads have a number of suitable outfits to throw on at a moment's notice to answer the door to the Hermes, DNT, Yodel men. For Tesco, perhaps something with embellishments. For John Lewis....oh heck... I can't think of anything in pure linen with unfussy lines from QVC to open the door to the green van man.

Nope - Lesley Ebbetts has just said exactly that in the Marla Wynne hour, in relation to a dress...

I swear Lesley has been reading this forum, and this thread in particular. She just said "and I didn't mention walking the dog in it" :mysmilie_14:

Last edited:

I had never noticed this before but I've heard it mentioned twice today. Anne Dawson mentioned it earlier and now Lesley Ebetts has said that a Marla Wynne dress costing £70 is ok for answering the door to the postman (and walking the dog!).

I really don't know why I'm watching (apart from putting off going out for a walk) as the likelihood of me buying anything is nil. No more procrastination, great outdoors here I come.

It's given me a great deal more pleasure when the sound has been up on QVC to play spot the over-used clichés - thank you all! Normally the fashion events are like watching paint dry. Glad to have a bit of fun surrounding it for once :mysmilie_59:

Nope - Lesley Ebbetts has just said exactly that in the Marla Wynne hour, in relation to a dress...

I swear Lesley has been reading this forum, and this thread in particular. She just said "and I didn't mention walking the dog in it" :mysmilie_14:
Great minds, I hadn't seen your post when I typed mine.

Latest posts

Back