Has QVC made us sceptical?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
I am inherently sceptical so, for me, it hasn't turned me into a sceptic but has, indeed, made me more so, and exceedingly paranoid about information we are given on the Q. Every bargain price I see now, I ask myself, why? Recently, I bought the clogau cross, at half price, and definitely got a bargain. I am more than happy with it, so no complaints. However....whilst trawling the Q website, I thought I would check the item number, and see if it was still available, don't ask me why. Anyway, it is now at a clearance price which is, granted, approx £30 more than I paid. But it does call into question the OTOs. Obviously, when my cross was one, the Q knew it was headed for clearance so, although I did get a great saving, the Q wasn't taking as big a hit as I thought.
I think all QVC viewers are starting to click on to it's tactics and sales ploys and they do, consequently, make us more cautious and perhaps reticent, when deciding whether to make a purchase or not.

I am inherently sceptical so, for me, it hasn't turned me into a sceptic but has, indeed, made me more so, and exceedingly paranoid about information we are given on the Q. Every bargain price I see now, I ask myself, why? Recently, I bought the clogau cross, at half price, and definitely got a bargain. I am more than happy with it, so no complaints. However....whilst trawling the Q website, I thought I would check the item number, and see if it was still available, don't ask me why. Anyway, it is now at a clearance price which is, granted, approx £30 more than I paid. But it does call into question the OTOs. Obviously, when my cross was one, the Q knew it was headed for clearance so, although I did get a great saving, the Q wasn't taking as big a hit as I thought.
I think all QVC viewers are starting to click on to it's tactics and sales ploys and they do, consequently, make us more cautious and perhaps reticent, when deciding whether to make a purchase or not.

I think I was born a sceptic and extremely cynical :). I agree with what you say I've seen it too many times. The thing is Q will never be taking a real hit they just reduce all those involved's profit, what these offers always make me think is about the huge amount of mark up these items were at their original price! But then Q is not alone in this.

I don't believe Q are any different from any other large retail organisation. It's a tough business nowadays and they all employ whatever tactics they need to make a profit. You can see the tactics employed by Q everywhere in retail. I don't believe a word any salesman says about anything, no matter who they represent.

Latest posts

Back