Has Kim & Co gone worse?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

is it possible that Julia is not trying to get people to make comparisons to their own bodyshape and thereby reduce customer returns rather then try to deliberately upset people with her mentioning body sizes? It would cost the company money if people return under the DSR rules, so to me its just a damage limitation excercise rather then her being insecure about her size or intending to single out the plus size models?
sorry model, there is only one I think

:wonder:I thought the Pink trousers were bizare enough until they came to the Orange ones (sorry Tangarine!).Would anyone really wear them? They would do nothing for me thats for sure.

It doesn't upset me that Julia keeps going on about her size as she did it before she lost weight.

It doesn't upset me that Julia keeps going on about her size as she did it before she lost weight.

That's a fair comment-although didn't she always try to tell us that she was a small size, even back then? I think that's why it doesn't seem very honest.

And it creases.

I must confess to buying some of it many years ago. When I was young & impressionable:giggle:

Yeah, I have a few pairs of Kims trousers (size small:grin:) from way back when they were £27 a pair.Now when I see them on tv I can't believe that I ever thought they were fashionable.

I'm not a Kim & co fan - i dont like her patterns(too busy for me). Julia looked ridiculous in her tsv and leggings combo last night - they may have all be wearing a size small(except Joy of course(who looked the best)) but Julia would have looked better(and slimmer) in a medium(she has still got a thick waist and a bit of a belly-like most of us) - although she's got to be congratulated on her weight loss/toning. I agree with Moth wearing a size bigger(in some garments) makes ladies look slimmer. I guess we must all come to terms with the fact that Julia will always tell us she's a size small and will always wear those bl***y toepost sandals. I'm looking forward to watching her on the red carpet wearing her "ever so comfortable" toespost sandals(i wonder if she will need to wear QVC fashion?) - the Americans are in for a treat thats for sure.

My sister bought a collection of the plain garments years ago when she went back to work after the kids - the clothes were neat, cheap and easy to look after, just what she needed at the time. The dye on the black top ran like crazy and soon the top was a dark brown, not black. She says the prices suddenly soared a few years back, she's never bought any since.

The camel toe on those trousers is obscene, I'm surprised the models agree to wear them. Also look at the kneecaps poking through.

My sister bought a collection of the plain garments years ago when she went back to work after the kids - the clothes were neat, cheap and easy to look after, just what she needed at the time. The dye on the black top ran like crazy and soon the top was a dark brown, not black. She says the prices suddenly soared a few years back, she's never bought any since.

The camel toe on those trousers is obscene, I'm surprised the models agree to wear them. Also look at the kneecaps poking through (Sally's are particularly boney !).

Ok ..Confession time.. I have loads of Kim's stuff - I really like it :blush:

Can't say I like the pattern of the TSV though. Some patterns are nice others a bit old grannyish (no offence intended!!). I don't buy from QVC though - way too expensive. I sometimes buy direct from Canada but mostly from that well known auction site!

Ok ..Confession time.. I have loads of Kim's stuff - I really like it :blush:

Can't say I like the pattern of the TSV though. Some patterns are nice others a bit old grannyish (no offence intended!!). I don't buy from QVC though - way too expensive. I sometimes buy direct from Canada but mostly from that well known auction site!

don't ever feel like a "confession" is needed! Let's pray that we can all co-exist on this forum with our differing views for a long while yet!

OK I'll come clean. I do own some Kim&Co short sleeved tops to wear under cardigans and I have one skirt, which I admit is great for holidays. However, I think the prices are becoming unacceptable.

I had a quick foray around TKMaxx today and spent about £100. I bought two Paul Costello long sleeved T's, a leather purse with many compartments, a pair of gorgeous sports trousers - Calmia (great quality and cotton), a pretty viscose/cotton shirt in lilac, a massive bottle (1 Litre) of TIGI shampoo and a brilliant quality sports top.

This is what QVC need to remember. We have choices. The Kim & Co prices are ridiculous for what they are. AND ALL ON TOP OF P&P.

Come on. Stop treating us like we are stupid.

the patterns are always too loud and busy, not to mention the risk of bush fires!!

the patterns are always too loud and busy, not to mention the risk of bush fires!!

Yes, I always think that if the models stood in front of an open fire the clothes would just melt off them.

Kim herself is VERY irritating. She comes out with the same shpeel every time she comes. "Designed by women for women in Montreal, Canada. We know how you feel, we feel the same way." Designed?? :giggle: She must have a good laugh before she comes on so she can get through the show, especially with the 'new collection' which we are lucky enough to have a preview of. Wow, I must make room in my wardrobe (and take a second mortgage out).

I am getting so irritated by the constant reference to the fantastic/unbelievable prices. Oh please, do me a favour! Way, way overpriced! The V-Neck top version of the TSV is £41.50+£3.95p&p!

:mysmilie_502::mysmilie_507:

maxwallcopy.jpg

not forgetting the flip flops!! LOL

omg-that is brilliant!!!!

Lots of people are buying it othewise Kim & Co would have been cut by now. Takes all sorts I guess! I ordered a top once which had a sparkly thread through it and apart from looking like a trussed up turkey it felt like I was wearing wire wool. It clung to every lump and bump like you know what to a blanket. Never again and certainly not at the prices QVC are charging. A matching top and skirt coming close to £100 with the postage taken into account:down:

Hello everybody, 'nother newbie here. Many years ago I sold clothes marketed by a
Canadian company called Weekenders. IMO the quality could not be faulted. Good weight
jersey material, fluid lines, elasticated waists, wide choice of colours and huge size
range. Sadly, nothing stands still and when the new CEO aimed the clothes at an age
group who prefer to buy from the highstreet chains the company collapsed. Imagine my
joy when I first discovered Kim - also from Canada - who appeared to be offering a
similar product. Then imagine my disappointment!!! Truly, I have tried on numerous
occasions, to wear Kim's clothes, and will, if I can find something I like, probably try again,
but unlike Weekenders - who sized in petite, small, medium, large, large 1&2 - her clothes
do not fall gently away from any unsightly places, they seek them out and highlight them.
Being about the same shape as Joy, I would wear M or L in Weekenders but I would need
to have the largest size Kim offers in order to avoid looking as if I'd been poured into the
garment. Joy may look good, but the clothes cling to her in a way that they don't cling on
the smaller models and I'd take a bet that after a few hours - or a drink or three!!!! - when
all that acetate and nylon do what they do best, she may well feel she'd be more
comfortable in a larger size.
I love the concept of Kim's range. HATE most of her prints and find unnecessary the amount of different tones of the same basic colour. I just wish she would introduce a more
comfortable fabric into her range.........and I wish she would listen more. Wonderful that
she has introduced a petite range but she goes to great lengths to tell tinies that all they
need to do is "turn the waistband in to wear it shorter" Great, they have choice, but what
about those of us, who at 5ft 8ins plus, with an inside leg of 31 plus? If we pull the
trousers down to the point were they at least cover the top of a stiletto heel we very likely
would find the crotch near our knees - not a pretty sight!!!
I really wish I could wear SOME of her clothes, the appeal of rolling them up and throwing
them in a case absolutely calls to the slut in me but to where could they be transported
without frying in the heat?......Back to Canada, perhaps?
best wishes from Springflower.

Latest posts

Back