Handbag Emporium TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BusyLizzie

Registered Shopper
What a rip off for something made out of of faux leather. Do QVC think we are a load of stupid shoppers with more money than sense................:wonder:

If you want a decent bag for a reasonable price - T K Maxx is the place. They've got Kipling, Kathy Van Zeeland, Osprey, Mandarin Duck. And no postage and packing and you can return them. I would not bother with QVC handbags at all - with the exception of Tignello, which is good quality and reasonable.

For the high-end, luxury market - I'd go to Bicester for Mulberry, or wait for the sales and go to Selfridges, Harvey Nicks etc.

I am with lemonsqueezy on this. Quite like it, esp the lime and the idea of it having a netbook holder, make up bag thing is great.

The red one reminds me of the red bag Models Prefer TSV a couple of years ago. (I believe it was an Elizabth Arden gwp overstock which Stacey bought up...the key chain has the classic Arden door symbol).

I've still got mine unused somewhere in the house. They sell for just a few quid on ebay.

It's the return postage that would put me off ordering a bag from qvc, (though kipling ones aren't too heavy). Bags are so personal I need to feel it to decide whether it's "me" or not.

Jude xx

For the high-end, luxury market - I'd go to Bicester for Mulberry, or wait for the sales and go to Selfridges, Harvey Nicks etc.

I've never been to Bicester as I don't live anywhere near, but I believe there's a Furla outlet there...argh, don't tell me, don't tell me, it's torture...:wink:

I think the TSV is a good idea and a reasonable price for all the extras you get. TK Maxx, market stalls etc are not going to throw in a laptop case for free and these things are usually either fairly expensive or really plain and boring if not both.

I would be tempted as I travel a lot for my job & this would be really useful - but I agree it is overly shiny and a bit a cheap looking especially for business purposes which is all I'd use it for. I would have been prepared to pay more for the set if it was less plasticky looking - though not bothered about it being leather as find fake is generally more robust for travelling, they could have just made the fact it is faux a bit less obvious iykwim??

Not overkeen myself, as others have said, it's "faux" which is absolutely fine by me, but it does look way too shiney and fake looking and I don't like the gold bits on it. The ideas is good though and for me, it'd be great as I travel for work a lot and to be able to have matching bits for my papers, presentations and netbook all matching would be a good idea.

Don't think the price is that bad, as many people wouldn't think twice about paying more than than for a thin floppy nylon Kipling bag, but it all looks a bit squeaky and shiny.

I am with lemonsqueezy on this. Quite like it, esp the lime and the idea of it having a netbook holder, make up bag thing is great.

I like the lime and the purple, lime is now waitlist only.

What a rip off for something made out of of faux leather. Do QVC think we are a load of stupid shoppers with more money than sense................:wonder:

I don't care for it but then again I don't care for Lulu Guinness or Kathy Van Zeeland bags either. They are faux leather and cost a great deal more.
This at least is useful and looks no less plastic. On the TV at least.

not for me.I would never use all the accessories.so i'd be interested for about £15 and in the purple for the autumn:wink2: so I'm giving it a wide berth:flower:

I don't care for it but then again I don't care for Lulu Guinness or Kathy Van Zeeland bags either. They are faux leather and cost a great deal more.
This at least is useful and looks no less plastic. On the TV at least.

Totally agree. Can't understand why QVC (I know they aren't the only ones who do it) never just describe them as "plastic" though other than perhaps they're hoping that maybe some members of the public might possibly think that 'faux' is a type of leather..........:wink:

I don't like it at all. Far too shiny plus it's faux leather and looks cheap.

Last edited:
I thought for all the stuff you get with it, it wasn't a bad price and for a split second I was tempted until hubby caught a bit of the demo with the woman bringing out all the other bits and he said 'and this one covers your car'!! Kinda made my mind up for me!! Also if you think it looks cheap on the TV imagine how tacky it probably looks up close!

The bag is also very similar to one I got FREE with purchase from Estee Lauder!

Last edited:
The TSV is made from faux croc PVC, the ingredient that Liz Earle (before she sabotaged her great Cleanse & Polish) wanted to avoid from her bags !

well I have ordered the purple one to use as my autumn\winter work bag as i carry tons of stuff with me including two phones (work and personal) I thought that all the bits that come with it looked handy as carry a lap top too at times and as it is fake whoops I mean "faux" it will be able to withstand rain and snow. Will be back on here moaning if it looks totally cheap and I have to go th through the misery of sending it back.

Latest posts

Back