Hair styler advice please,

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Letz-be-avenue

Registered Shopper
I am thinking of buying a hair styler, I have short, and fine hair but quite a lot of it, it just seems to be a bit lifeless looking, and boring. Can any of you on here recommend a good one for me? I don't really want to pay a fortune for it as I am not sure it will transform my hair at the end of the day but I just would like it to have a bit more volume and life in it. I would love to grow it but it does nothing for me and then just ends up looking untidy, many thanks for any advice x

Thanks for this FP, funny enough I saw the informmercial this morning and liked the look of it,I may wait until Amazon get some back in stock and treat myself, x

You haven't tried the Babyliss Big Hair? This is ionic and makes my hair wild. I'd ordered off QVC and had considered returning it as I can't turn the ionic off. I'm glad I didn't, though, as I've since bought a L'oreal Steampod. I have Crystal Tips hair that I've never been able to control, though the last 10 years have battered it to death by blow-drying (in my very ham-fisted way), then beating it to submission with GHDs.

The result has been straight-ish hair that goes frizzball mental at the slightest puff of wind/spit of rain/tough of humidity. It's also recently started to look dry and straw-like due to the heat process I suppose.

Well, now I allow it to dry normally, give it some bounce with the Big Hair and then finish with my hero, the Steampod. This alone has given me the most fabulous, sleek and healthy-looking hair I've ever had. AND the style stays in, even in this stormy weather we've been subjected to.

If you do straighten, check out the reviews on Lookfantastic.com (and Amazon I think) for L'Oreal Professional Steampod. I was considering going short before using mine. Now, I will never be parted from it!

HTH some.

Many thanks for your recommendations alter ego, very interesting! I have never heard of the "steam pod" and whilst it is fairly expensive it does get good reviews, my hair is quite short though is not sure how suitable it would be for me but may give this a go ,thanks again

You're welcome :Smile:. I wish I'd bought mine a year ago when I first noticed it and read good reviews. If you're looking to grow your hair and will use a hair straightener, I would go for the SP over GHDs any and EVERY day! The difference it's made to the condition (which was going downhill fast with GHDs) of my hair is unbelievable.

It is bigger than GHDs. The heated plates are the same size, but the steam vents make the plates wider on one side. The steam HAS to go on the hair before the plates go over so it seems as if it would be a hassle with bigger plates and only one direction use, but if I can use them, anyone can! Unbelievable, but I've gone from Crystal Tips hair to Jennifer Aniston hair literally overnight - and I STAY looking like JA even in light rain (which turned me into a sheep with a tight perm before SP!), and until I wash it again.

Definitely my best ever beauty purchase. Good luck if you decide to buy it, but if you just want to try it, a lot of L'Oreal salons offer a Steampod service.

Oh I did not realise that the L'oreal salons did this, I would be happy to give that a try before buying my own steam pod, am off to find a salon that does this now!!

Latest posts

Back