H2O steam mop thingy

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

amn

Registered Shopper
Anyone tried it? Any good? Any alternative suggestions?
Didn't Burlz order one, or did I dream that?

I ordered one last week and it has arrived and I do like it. I think the demo actually misleading it is defo NOT touch dry really quickly but I never thought for 1 minute it would be. It does mop well though and I like the fact it is a handheld too so I can do hob, oven, bathroom too. I do need to warn you though it is quite flimsy and when in mop mode, on some floors I hold it quite low as it sometimes drags and feels like it is gonna snap. All things considered it is something I will keep as I think it is useful but it won't change my life.
Hope that helps. I haven't tried everything yet so I can't comment on all functionality.
Ange

Interesting, thanks. It does seem a good price compared to the same model from elsewhere, though you can obviously get cheaper models for roundabout the 20 squids mark. Wasn't sure if it was worth the price. I just want something to get my llaminate floors clean, the handheld option would admittedly be a bonus as I could use it on my car wheels and stuff like that.

Anyone tried it? Any good? Any alternative suggestions?
Didn't Burlz order one, or did I dream that?

Youre not wrong AMN... but I ordered this one when it was the TSV
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.565543.cm_scid.KeywordSearch

i only got it recently 'cos i was away on holiday over New Year but I've used it once and yes, its a KEEPER! its very light even when full and ther head is wet, has 3 steam settings, the microfibre pads actually fit and stay attached, theres a cable tidy and a good length of cable and you can flip the foot over and use both sides of the mop. All features not found in the H2O I had before and returned (although that was the big one).

I dont think any of these machines are as good as the demos make out but the Shark is pretty good.

Hi. I have the TSV one too. But I can't work out how to turn the pad. Do you just turn the whole unit over or just the foot. Would be grateful for any clues please ;)

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

I've got the Shark steam mop, and it's great. I debated about getting it (because I have in the past bought loads of carp that stayed in the cupboard for months before ending up at the tip), but I do use my Sharky. I use it on laminate and tiled floors, plus it is good for perking up a wool rug.

Hi. I have the TSV one too. But I can't work out how to turn the pad. Do you just turn the whole unit over or just the foot. Would be grateful for any clues please ;)

you have to flip the body of the steamer too. so the front bit with the lights is facing your legs... unless ive got it wrong too....?

I have this green one Ali: http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.832294.cm_scid.KeywordSearch which I think has been a Hot Pick today. I really like it - it's lightweight, leaves little moisture behind and cleans well. Changing it from an upright to a handheld can be a bit of a faff (you need three hands!) But generally I've been really happy with it. I don't use it as a handheld any where near as much as an upright but it's great when I do, it's blasted years of grime off my inherited kitchen :giggle:

HTH :wave:

you have to flip the body of the steamer too. so the front bit with the lights is facing your legs... unless ive got it wrong too....?

Thanks. That's what I have been doing too.. Does the steam on yours come and go a bit or is it full on all the time? Mine doesn't seem to be.

Thanks. That's what I have been doing too.. Does the steam on yours come and go a bit or is it full on all the time? Mine doesn't seem to be.

Yes it does come and go a bit. Maybe prevents overheating?

What was that about being pissed and ordering - Have done exactly that and ordered this steam thing. Now, I also got talked into buying the extra mop heads from Mr Q Cut (he's doing that a lot lately, trying to flog other stuff before he puts the order through), and then Julia said something on air about not getting them to fit, - the demonstrator said something about using a drop of water . Can anyone explaiin that please, in time for me to sober up when this steam thing arrives.

Yes it does come and go a bit. Maybe prevents overheating?

Cheers! I'm not sure yet if I like it. My laminate kitchen floor came out really streaky and horrible. In the instructions it said that this could be caused by a build up of cleaning products and to rinse the floor with water and if that didn't work to try a vinegar solution. So I tried both and still got streaks so ended up going over it with sugar soap solution which did the trick and I didn't get any streaks when I steamed it. But what I don't know is how well it cleans because the floor was the cleanest it had ever been at that stage lol. I used the jet steam attachment and that made a good job of a skirting boards.

Hi, I have one of these and it's really easy to use. But the hard floor does take a while to dry and sometimes smears a little. I tried it on Karndean too but it made it very sticky - bit concerned the intense heat was melting the surface so not used it on that again. The most useful bit for me is the nozzle attachment that I use to clean the hob. I hate scrubbing that, but this has made it a breeze! It's easy to fill and heats up in no time at all. I'd recommend.

Latest posts

Back