Grumpy Old Woman or Shopping Telly Overload

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

grovesy

Registered Shopper
Just caught the last half of Casual and Co hour and Catherine Hutley:
1) size chart on web, err shouldn't you be telling us the size of this range, not everyone has the internet.
2) she is not alone with this one about communal change rooms, well the big stores I shop in have cubicled change rooms.

It infuriates me when they're not sure of the sizes. If you're hoping to shift thousands of units of stock, why on earth would you not have the measurements of them?

:rolleyes:

Did you see her on with Prat McKenna ? a right pair they were.

I thought he was going to be spending more time in the USA this year and not so much peddling his tiresome weight loss system here.

Just caught the last half of Casual and Co hour and Catherine Hutley:
1) size chart on web, err shouldn't you be telling us the size of this range, not everyone has the internet.
2) she is not alone with this one about communal change rooms, well the big stores I shop in have cubicled change rooms.

I didn't think anywhere had communal changing rooms any more. Even shops that mainly sell to youngsters have cubicles.

The used to have Julia sat there behind a table at 5 o'clock on a Friday with her tape measure - no fancy graphic charts in those days!

And Steve whateley before her.

She is not the only one who goes on about communal change rooms I have heard others. It just got to me today.
I was thinking that maybe I was turning into a grumpy old women.

It really annoys me too, I mean which high street shop has communal changing rooms?!!! There aren't any!! :ggrr:

My last memory of them is Etam about 25 years ago!

I think it is the height of laziness not to measure garments, presenters doing this leave me with the impression that they just cannot be bothered giving potential customers information they need to make an informed choice.

They seem to be quite happy for people to order garments that might not fit because they cannot be bothered to measure them, and pay for expensive P&P into the bargain.

Look at the size charts - what a joke, even within the same range the actual measurements vary from 1 product to another.

Probably why so many items in the £10 sale.

Apart from the occassional coat\jacket would rather go to local M&S.

I think it is the height of laziness not to measure garments, presenters doing this leave me with the impression that they just cannot be bothered giving potential customers information they need to make an informed choice.

They seem to be quite happy for people to order garments that might not fit because they cannot be bothered to measure them, and pay for expensive P&P into the bargain.

Look at the size charts - what a joke, even within the same range the actual measurements vary from 1 product to another.

Probably why so many items in the £10 sale.

Apart from the occassional coat\jacket would rather go to local M&S.

I agree, this is one area where IW get it right - they have size charts, QVC only do these if the item is a TSV. You are right they aren't bothered, if Julia forgets her glasses, well then stuff the sizes!

Why would the sizes matter?

Are you all saying that folks actually (I got that word from Ali Young!) BUY the clothes? ;)

I've got a couple of pieces too, a suede jacket from Beth Tyrell (in the sale) being one that I'm happy with, but even in Casualty & Co (sorry, slip of the keyboard, I do like a few of their items) last night, some mediums were 38" chest, some were 42". I couldn't work out whether that's because they were completely differently sized or, because of the style, they were roomier, if you get what I mean.

It would help if they said they're equivalent to a 12, 14 or whatever, which would give more of a clue. I'm trying to be more selective now as I can't afford to waste postage on things I'm not sure will fit :(

I've got a couple of pieces too, a suede jacket from Beth Tyrell (in the sale) being one that I'm happy with, but even in Casualty & Co (sorry, slip of the keyboard, I do like a few of their items) last night, some mediums were 38" chest, some were 42". I couldn't work out whether that's because they were completely differently sized or, because of the style, they were roomier, if you get what I mean.

It would help if they said they're equivalent to a 12, 14 or whatever, which would give more of a clue. I'm trying to be more selective now as I can't afford to waste postage on things I'm not sure will fit :(

Don't blame you - all you hear is that you've nothing to lose try it.... Yes you have..... the blooming extortionate P&P!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back