Green Season Festive Meat Hamper TSV 12/10/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I would never buy anything from Green Season given numerous poor reviews and so many people saying the meat never actually turned up.

I would never buy anything from Green Season given numerous poor reviews and so many people saying the meat never actually turned up.

It always looks really weird to me when they're showing it on, like those dreadful Bernard Matthew turkey rolls I used to have as a child in school. Yuck!

Actually it isn't horrid - I usually order it every year and it's really nice. The gammon last year was really delicious when I cooked it according to the demo on screen. The larger size parcel can be cut up and it does me and OH for weeks after Christmas when money is short. One year the meat parcel didn't turn up but I think it was when QVC were doing Kings Realm. I've always been happy but hey, that's me. I know many people haven't thought it value for money.

CC

Green Seasons 5.3kg British Meat Festive Hamper Selection
Item Number: 804521
QVC Price: £83.00
Today's Special Value Price £69.96
P&P £0.00

This item is available through Advanced Order. It will be shipped the week commencing 07/12/2015

A hamper packed full of British farmed and reared meat of exceptional quality and flavour; it includes classic Christmas dinner centrepieces like turkey, gammon and beef joints, as well as ingredients for all the tastiest trimmings, from bacon and sausagemeat to delicious chipolatas. Providing you with all the meats you need to create the perfect festive banquet, this hamper from Green Seasons will ensure it's a Christmas to remember for you and your family.

A great deal of choice - with a selection of joints to enjoy throughout the festive period, plus bacon and chipolatas to rustle up perfect pigs in blankets and sausagemeat to make the tastiest stuffing, this Christmas hamper offers you plenty of options this season.

Despatched week commencing 7th December
Delivered frozen and packaged in an insulated box with dry ice
If kept frozen and unopened eat within 6 months - always take note of the best before date on the packaging
Once defrosted do not refreeze

Contains:

1 x boneless turkey breast joint (2kg) - serves 4 - 6
1 x beef topside roasting joint (1kg) - serves 4 - 6
1 x boneless gammon roasting joint (1kg) - serves 4 - 6
1 x pork and cranberry chipolatas (454g)
1 x pork and chestnut sausagemeat (454g)
1 x unsmoked streaky bacon (454g)

Behind the brand
Green Seasons embodies the very best of British farmed and reared meat. The excellent quality products are locally sourced from British farmers who share our commitment to quality, consistent high standards and delicious flavours.

Ingredients (for allergens, see ingredients in bold):

Boneless turkey breast: turkey (100%)

Beef topside: beef (100%)

Boneless gammon joint: pork (100%)

Pork and cranberry chipolatas: pork (68%), cranberry (4.5%) breadcrumbs (prepared from: wheat flour, water, salt, yeast), water, salt, spices, herbs, dextrose

Pork and chestnut sausagemeat: pork (67%), water, chestnuts (5%), rusk (prepared from: wheat flour, water, salt, raising agent E503(i)), wheat flour, salt, sugar, dried onion, starch (potato), whey powder (milk), dried celery, herbs, preservative (E221), flavour enhancer E621, stabiliser E450, yeast extract, celery seeds, spice, autolysed yeast, flavourings, spice extracts, dextrose, natural flavouring, herb extracts, onion powder, antioxidant (E304, E307), natural colour: carmine, citric acid. Contains sulphites

Unsmoked streaky bacon: pork (100%)

Direct despatch: please allow 10 - 14 working days for delivery to UK mainland only excluding Northern Ireland, Highlands and Islands

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.804521

I'd rather support my local butcher. Just as good if not better quality (dry-cured bacon, local farmers etc) and cheaper. And he'll deliver as well.

I ordered this last year then read the as I always do read the comments on here and decided to cancel, but somehow forgot as you do, anyway it arrived , and although I didnt trust it to have for my big christmas dinner, we did use it after, and I have to say it was delicious, Ive recently had the mixed grill pack, and the steak in four of them wasnt too good, and not as big as shown, but the pork chops and gammon, were the nicest we have had for a long time

I let it thaw out in the fridge as recommended, then let it get to room temperature,before cooking, and usually I let things thaw out on the unit, so dont know if that made a difference,

i am thinking of ordering the TSV.

the sausagemeat is only 67% meat so very unimpressed. the sausages 68% not great. at the beauty bash was talking to a lady who bought food. hated the pies and she was right there.

I am waiting for Marv to disappear so I can have a good look/listen to the tsv, I just sat down for my elevenses and can't listen to the awful shrieking Marv......

I much prefer to see my meat in the flesh (pardon the pun) before I buy it. That way I can judge size of the joint, fat marbling through it or on top of it and can ask the butcher any questions I may have regarding cooking or the source of it, whether it`s Irish Scottish, Welsh or whatever. Last year I cooked for 9 of us on Christmas Day and I did a fresh turkey crown I bought locally and also a beef joint because 2 of us disliked fowl. I confess to buying a 28 day matured beef joint from Aldi and to be perfectly honest it was one of the nicest beef joints I`ve ever had. I`m hoping they`ll have them again this year.
This year there`s only 3 of us for Christmas Day so it may just be beef and no turkey. OH and I prefer beef and rarely eat fowl and my youngest son who`ll be with us will eat anything just as long as there`s plenty of it.

I bought the TSV again. I'm working most of the week and I just find it so much easier to get everything delivered and then get the dinner out the freezer and make something nice. I do buy every week from a local butcher but it's not cheap and I didn't think the joints of meat I have had in the past were as good as the ones from Green Seasons. I bought the bigger size TSV and we usually get 3 meals from each joint, sausage casseroles from the chipolatas and 2 meat loaves from the sausage meat so I think I get a lot for my money. I've seen my mum paying £40 or so just for a turkey in M&S. We all know what we like so I hope everyone gets something delicious for their festive meal.

CC

I don't know about the meat but I found the whole presentation of the TSV highly cringeworthy. Jilly "I haven't changed my appearance in two decades" Halliday in a Christmas jumper having a butchers at a few chunks of overpriced flesh, popping bits of food in her mouth whilst making the forced exclamations as the cockney butcher waxed lyrical while the young chef just looked embarrassed to be there. Whatever happened to Buccleuch?

Last year I bought a turkey crown from aldi for £9.99 and it was absolutely delicious. Mostly, though, I buy from my butcher because I'd like him to stay in business. AND his meat's good. AND so is his service. (With apologies for Simon Biaggi).

This year I'm going to buy some organic beef stewing steak, baby sweetcorn, carrots, onion, green beans, pulses, mushroom and parsnip and fling it all in the mini slow cooker. I will serve the casserole on a mountain of mash! Healthy, tasty and all or under £7 for 3 meals!

This year I'm going to buy some organic beef stewing steak, baby sweetcorn, carrots, onion, green beans, pulses, mushroom and parsnip and fling it all in the mini slow cooker. I will serve the casserole on a mountain of mash! Healthy, tasty and all or under £7 for 3 meals!

Julius you do right! We don't all have big family do's at Christmas like QVC seem to think! One year me and my husband got some lovely steak and had it for our Christmas dinner. Apart from the expensive price of this Green Seasons meat not all of us want that large amount. You can't beat a good homemade stew if you ask me!

Latest posts

Back