Gold'n'Ice????????

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've got a half carat equivalent Moissanite solitaire and it's stunning. It cost me £149 from Ideal World about 3 years ago. Totally believable size, I wear it all the time and it never picks up grease the way that cz always does (cz does always clean up well though).
Personally, I would stick to the smaller stones but mine sparkles all the time, never looks dull. It's well worth the money:up:

Just read something interesting on the internet regarding Moissanite and CZ. The statement says that you should never think of Moissanite in the same way as CZ. Moissanite is made over a backbreakingly slow process - and CZ is mass produced. And they are not the same thing. When you read the process for yourself, you see Moissanite, (even though its not my cup of tea; and the item gave me food for thought! lol) and CZ are not one and the same in any shape or form whatsoever.

And a Moissanite has more sparkle power than a Diamond. :up:

The only thing the site i was on, pointed out, was that a Moissanite does not hold its value[/B], unlike a diamond. :flower::flower:

I always think of the scene from Snatch when I hear Moissanite. :giggle:

I have to say, no matter how nice it is, I think it is expensive for something created. Is that 'Gene Hunt' in your profile pic PG? :cool:

Well, the downright misleading utterings just keep on coming. Just flicked over to Gems to hear James (I think that's his name) saying:"....why, well this is a diamond (!?!?) not from this world. Originally Moissanite came from another world."
They really shouldn't be allowed to get away with it.

ASA online complaint form :angel:

Outa this world............

Well, the downright misleading utterings just keep on coming. Just flicked over to Gems to hear James (I think that's his name) saying:"....why, well this is a diamond (!?!?) not from this world. Originally Moissanite came from another world."
They really shouldn't be allowed to get away with it.

Moissanite is actually Silicon Carbide and here's a little link as to the origins of this compound.
And according to Wikipedia , it is a common form of stardust found around carbon rich stars.

Latest posts

Back