Gold Day TSV ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Even QVC Germany has a TSV half our price at 99 euro : www.qvc.de
Britain is in the worst depression in Europe, thankfully we have QVC offering us such good TSV's....not!! Indeed to expensive and too lightweight, I really don't like all this hollowed out jewellery

I thought Gold day was a global QVC event, well no in Japan, they have a handcream TSV:33:
http://qvc.jp/cont/detail/ShohinDetail.html?hinban=489938&cgry=311&serverId=7
:HIT:

Check out the TSV on QVC US!!!!!

Simple 14ct neck chain four easy pay and only under $100 to start with.

BUT LOOK AT THE COLOURS!!!!!!

Blue
Raspberry
Green
Chocolate
Plus the usual

Even a bracelet to match.

:32:Oohhh, I really like those!! :1:

Is it just me who doesn't 'get' coloured gold? I buy gold because it looks like gold...why would I want to hide the colour? I could pay a lot less for base metal that is colour coated if I wanted a blue, red, brown, green coloured chain and nobody would be any the wiser.

I love the US TSV and the colours ! Pity we didn't have that here instead of that awful bracelet ! It's hideous.

Is it just me who doesn't 'get' coloured gold? I buy gold because it looks like gold...why would I want to hide the colour? I could pay a lot less for base metal that is colour coated if I wanted a blue, red, brown, green coloured chain and nobody would be any the wiser.

You are right of course (and that's usually my argument for not liking white gold)

It's just the idea of owning something different..............

I'm just a magpie really :)

I wish QVC would make every day Gold Day, Kim and Co day, Indigo Moon Day or Kathy Van Overpriced Handbag Day... I would save myself a FORTUNE.

You are right of course (and that's usually my argument for not liking white gold)

It's just the idea of owning something different..............

I'm just a magpie really :)

I also agree about the white and coloured gold, you buy gold because it is GOLD? The expert on one of the afternoon antiques shows the other day said that white gold was just gold which was silver plated Eh??? Why not just buy silver?

I also said when i saw the tsv at midnight 'that will get em going on the forum' once again an overpriced tsv. Most of us could have run to a tsv of up to £100 - if it was really nice - but £250 especially just after xmas!

I have also watched a couple of hours this morning and have noticed just how expensive most of the items are - most are around the £200 mark with very few under £50. Do they think we have all won the lottery.:TEA:

I also agree about the white and coloured gold, you buy gold because it is GOLD? The expert on one of the afternoon antiques shows the other day said that white gold was just gold which was silver plated Eh??? Why not just buy silver?

I also said when i saw the tsv at midnight 'that will get em going on the forum' once again an overpriced tsv. Most of us could have run to a tsv of up to £100 - if it was really nice - but £250 especially just after xmas!

I have also watched a couple of hours this morning and have noticed just how expensive most of the items are - most are around the £200 mark with very few under £50. Do they think we have all won the lottery.:TEA:

Usually its Palladium or Rodium (sp) they use for making white gold not silver. Unless its cheaper quality of jewellery. Gems TV where quite upset to find people thought their white gold was just silver plated. Both Palladium and Rodium are actually more expensive than normal yellow gold.

It does not tarnish like silver does for a start. Also gem rings you never get the interesting stones in silver or if you see a silver ring its big heavy thick because silver is cheaper metal wise. If you like something simple and dainty shank wise you won't get it in silver designs. Oh and white gold has a totally different tone quality than silver.

In Victorian times rose gold was very very big not yellow.

I only like yellow or rose gold. I have never understood white gold - silver's just as nice, and much cheaper too. That coloured gold looks like children's dressing up jewellery to me.
Having said all that, the TSV is not appealing, far too expensive, given we are in a recession - my money is safe :1:

QVC gold used to be a really good buy in years gone by and I have bought quite a lot. I no longer buy gold from them as it is far too expensive. I have bought several pieces from www.jewellerycatalogue.co.uk my last purchase being a bracelet weighing 10 grms and costing £150 which is about £5 per grm cheaper than QVC. A company as big as QVC should be able to sell for less and of course the p&p is not cheap either.

I am really not happy with the prices of some of QVC's TSVs. They are not showing any sensitivity to the difficult times people are facing and they also appear not to have processed the fact that with the economy in the state it is in people will be very reluctant to spend on luxury items. I could buy this bracelet but I won't simply because I would be uncomfortable buying it in the present climate. They used to get it so right with their TSVs but something has really gone wrong. I seem to remember some very expensive rings around Christmas - I couldn't see the logic of that. Anyway, they are succeeding in ensuring that I for one will not be buying much from them if this continues.

I've watched some of Gold Day and it does seem rather expensive and there's nothing that I particularly fancy anyway.

Thanks for the link Bettyboo, there are some lovely items on that website, and I am looking for something to mark my 'Golden' birthday this year!

QVC gold used to be a really good buy in years gone by and I have bought quite a lot. I no longer buy gold from them as it is far too expensive. I have bought several pieces from www.jewellerycatalogue.co.uk my last purchase being a bracelet weighing 10 grms and costing £150 which is about £5 per grm cheaper than QVC. A company as big as QVC should be able to sell for less and of course the p&p is not cheap either.

thanks for this bettyboo, I have looked at the site and it looks good. will order a chain and maybe some earrings

thanks again

Latest posts

Back