Glen at it again on the Clarks Shoes show

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Artist: Campbell Glen
Song: Rhinestone Cowboy
FADE
Like a rhinestone cowboy
Gettin' card and letters from people I don't even know

Do you think there's any chance or is it a case of 'Not fade away' with our fashion expert? :drunk:

I don't even get why they are selling Clarks shoes? They are on every high street, why would anybody want to buy them mail order and pay postage rather than trotting down to Clarks and trying them on? :confused:

well i can only speak for myself but i am glad they sell them. here in belgium and holland we can buy them on the high street too but they are being sold at nearly twice the price. the average price for clarks here is anywhere between 80 to 120 euros a pair. Most of the buyers are obviously in the UK, maybe they live in rural areas or near smaller towns that do not have either the choice or a large amount of certain sizes. i know my size 8's are a swine to find 3 weeks after the new season starts as most shops only get in 1 or 2 pairs of each style in the largest and smallest sizes

Genius Mrs J.....think you may have started something!

Here's another..

Fashion cowboy

I've been floggin' this toot so long
singing the same old song
I know every crack in the bags they're toting on broadway
but profit's the name of the game, and style gets washed away in the wind and the rain
there's been a load of bullshit spoken from my lips you hear me chokin'
when I'm thinking that dress would look much better on me!

I'm a total cowboy,
dining out on the fame that I had on This Morning show
yes a fashion cowboy dressing up, dressing down outfits that don't really "go"
and cinching in waists like a pro

I really can't stand the strain
my cliches are starting to wane
but it's hard when you're doing that show that is running the whole day
so I think of the things I'd do
with a crisp white shirt, a short and an easy pump shoe
There's been a " little" compromisin' on the road to my horizon
but I'm gonna stay where the camera's shinin' on me

I'm a total cowboy
spouting shite for a living in a shopping channel studio
Yes a fashion cowboy getting cards and letters from people I don't wanna know
heavy breathers coming over the phone......

Brilliant Mrs J - I hope he reads it
27671.gif

well i can only speak for myself but i am glad they sell them. here in belgium and holland we can buy them on the high street too but they are being sold at nearly twice the price. the average price for clarks here is anywhere between 80 to 120 euros a pair. Most of the buyers are obviously in the UK, maybe they live in rural areas or near smaller towns that do not have either the choice or a large amount of certain sizes. i know my size 8's are a swine to find 3 weeks after the new season starts as most shops only get in 1 or 2 pairs of each style in the largest and smallest sizes

Oh fair point! I hadn't thought of that! Glad you can get them for a fair price from QVC then! :mysmilie_502:

Totally agree DB. It beggars belief why QVC feel the need to pay him for such tripe info. My husband was in the fashion industry during the sixties and seventies, and knows much more about the cut and fit of garments than Glen will EVER know. I find him soooo irritating, and he wears the same old gear all the time. His fashion sense is none existant IMO.
It's that 'Elvis' collar that drives me mad! Why doesn't somebody turn it down for him? It's so untidy, is he trying to show that 'just got up and pulled on a sweater' look. Leave that for the youngsters,mate, you look pathetic at your age!

I saw some nice wedges on the clarks show last week, they were £20 off in town today. I will be tempted to go back and get them-my MIL said she is sending me some money for my burthday yesterday so I have to wait and see how much she sent lol!

Latest posts

Back