Gift sales patter

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

christmas is for small children not every single adult alive. i buy small token gifts for some of the adults in my life and stick to larger gifts for the grandbabies.

It's obviously a little known fact, but in the world of Q (or on the planet of Q, I should say), the sight of a fleece is enough to cause mayhem amongst the local male population, including all delivery drivers. We can take Q's word for it, as they've never been known to lead us up the garden path, have they?

Say what now???? Is that to seduce them or just to impress them? My Hermes chap is a laid back Rasta. Do they get overwhelmed by fleeces?

christmas is for small children not every single adult alive. i buy small token gifts for some of the adults in my life and stick to larger gifts for the grandbabies.

Although, to be honest, if they're really small, they don't really know what's going on and are as interested (if not more so) in the wrapping paper and the packaging :mysmilie_17:

But I do agree - an excited child who is thrilled with the magic of the day is really what makes the gift-giving worthwhile.

Ah yes, I totally agree there. When the children were young it was just sheer magic. Eventually though, everyone grew up and a very large family split up and spread far and wide and it became harder to try and keep buying gifts for everyone so I suggested we stop and keep it just for those who are closest in the family. Lots of others agreed but no one else stopped and I ended up being ostracised for it! Still, I'm laughing up my sleeve because I'm no longer spending a fortune on gifts for people who never once said thank you or even let me know they received them. I also can't help but think that many gifts are unwanted because, almost every year, someone complains that they've been given something that they originally gave out the year before! Total madness!

Christmas is predominantly for children as far as presents go, but I'd like to think Christmas and the religious aspect behind it is for everyone, man, woman and child. I love giving gifts to my family, my two grown up sons, daughter in laws and the biggest kid of all, my husband. :mysmilie_17: and as a Christian I love the Christianity too, but obviously people can chose how they want to celebrate Christmas, if at all. I'm getting the biggest and best Christmas present of all around the 11th of December though, when Oscar, my first grandchild to my 30 year old son and daughter in law, is due to make his debut, can't wait!!!

I wonder how many of the Presenters stack up their 'freebie' stash to be used as 'gifting' at Christmas ! I think if I received a present from them, whether it would be Yankee C or Elemis, there would be that suspicion that they didn't ACTUALLY pay hard cash for it, knowing where they worked.

During my working years I would often get 'gifts' from Salesmen that called, - pen sets, clocks, hamper baskets, .. but it never occurred to me to re-gift it to anyone; but its something I wouldn't put past the no.1 market trader at Q !!!

Christmas is predominantly for children as far as presents go, but I'd like to think Christmas and the religious aspect behind it is for everyone, man, woman and child. I love giving gifts to my family, my two grown up sons, daughter in laws and the biggest kid of all, my husband. :mysmilie_17: and as a Christian I love the Christianity too, but obviously people can chose how they want to celebrate Christmas, if at all. I'm getting the biggest and best Christmas present of all around the 11th of December though, when Oscar, my first grandchild to my 30 year old son and daughter in law, is due to make his debut, can't wait!!!

Congratulations in advance to you and your family shopperholic! How lovely for you. No doubt it will give the magic of Christmas a little extra sparkle for you this year and for years to come!

Latest posts

Back