GHDs at QVC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Can't believe that anyone would pay that sort of price for a hair dryer and straighteners! What's wrong with basic ones!!

That's the point - people have tried 'basic' straighteners and compared to the GHDs, they're rubbish!

The show wasn't really what I expected - practically everything was pink or purple (not just the straighteners - the body products too), with lots of references to the appreciation you'd get 'from your nieces' if you bought something - as if they'd made a definite decision to aim at the teenage/20's market. I just found it irritating.

I have very curly hair so straightening has never been an issue - I'd look stupid BUT
whats wrong with the old fashioned blow dryer and denham bush?:11:

GHD are great (not that I have any) :( But a lot of people can't justify ££ on a pair of straighteners.
:33: P'haps I do need some ?

I have the most frizzy curly hair that anyone can imagine and have tried every straightener going from Argos etc etc and so has my sister inlaw and nothing works as good as ghd's!

I can get away with cheap straighteners because I only have slightly wavy and very fine hair. I think if you have a lot of hair, and/or it is very curly, you will find ghd's are the best.

I have the pink set that Julia brought on when she appeared in the show, I think they were about £130 (ish) but I have used them probably six days a week for two years so I don't think that's bad value for money about 20p per use.

GHDs are the best straighteners in the world. They are expensive, but they really are worth it. I have very long thick, wavy hair. I used to have some inferior straighteners. I used to have to blow dry my hair straight and then use the straighteners over and over again on the same section of hair. Once my hair was straightened - it would only last a few hours before it started to kink again.
With GHDs, I just start with dry hair. Not necessarily blow dryed. Section it out and run the GHDs through once. I end up with really shiny poker straight hair which lasts until I wash it.
They really are worth the money!
Although I can't do those curls for love or money!

I bought my GHDs for around about £90 over 5 years ago and I straighten at least part of my hair practically every day. Like Boris Bear, I'd say that was pretty good value at 5 pence per day!!! I'd tried loads of other straightners before finally buying GHDs and would now NEVER buy another brand!!

Em xXx

I have very thick, curly hair but I have never bought a pair of GHDs as I canno justify spending that amount of money on a pair of hair straightners.

I know most people rave about GHDs but I just can't.

I have used them (niece has them) and my hairdresser has them and while they do straighten my hair they do not do a better job than other straightners. They don't keep my hair straight until the next wash, go to bed and get up in morning and my hair needs to be straightened again so that is the main reason why I can't justify buying a pair.

I tend to use Babyliss. I save up my Boots Advantage Points and buy them from there when Boots have offers on.

I have very thick, curly hair but I have never bought a pair of GHDs as I canno justify spending that amount of money on a pair of hair straightners.

I know most people rave about GHDs but I just can't.

I have used them (niece has them) and my hairdresser has them and while they do straighten my hair they do not do a better job than other straightners. They don't keep my hair straight until the next wash, go to bed and get up in morning and my hair needs to be straightened again so that is the main reason why I can't justify buying a pair.

I tend to use Babyliss. I save up my Boots Advantage Points and buy them from there when Boots have offers on.

I agree sazza my carmen ones are just as good as ghd's imo. I have used my friends ghd's and my hairdresser agrees too. Hes did say ghd's are better for curling but.

Got a bunch of the older version of the GHDs, but I only pull them out about once a week and the rest of the time just resort to a good, old-fashioned blowdry instead.

Good thing too. My hair is long and lustrous with few split ends as a pay back.

By contast, mates who use their GHDs every day have had to lop off so much of their fried-up barnet due to split ends, and absolutely regret being so reckless! :34:

I have my heart set on the limited edition purple GHDs, but at what, £150 pricetag? I really don't know. GHDs are notorious for blowing up, and since they are a considered purchase, you would have to be pretty rich to replace them!

I really do think the whole GHD hype is getting a bit much.

Yes, they ARE great straighteners. And a few years ago, they were most certainly the best, as most others either weren't ceramic or were much poorer quality. But many manufacturers seem to have caught up with GHDs quality wise and produce items that work just as well.

There are still some rubbish ones out there, but it is possible to buy some "mid price" ones that are still excellent. I've had both GHDs (that eventually blew up just out of guarantee!) and Remingtons and Coriolis ones that all gave excellent results. Got short hair now though, so I don't use them much other than on the front.

£150 for a pair of straighteners is a daft price to pay. GHDs are good...but not THAT good.

I have morphy richards for almost 2 yrs now and they are good and if i may say so better than ghds

I really do think the whole GHD hype is getting a bit much.

Yes, they ARE great straighteners. And a few years ago, they were most certainly the best, as most others either weren't ceramic or were much poorer quality. But many manufacturers seem to have caught up with GHDs quality wise and produce items that work just as well.

There are still some rubbish ones out there, but it is possible to buy some "mid price" ones that are still excellent. I've had both GHDs (that eventually blew up just out of guarantee!) and Remingtons and Coriolis ones that all gave excellent results. Got short hair now though, so I don't use them much other than on the front.

£150 for a pair of straighteners is a daft price to pay. GHDs are good...but not THAT good.

lol, I've made my mind up. I'm gonna get the Braun Satinliner Hair Straighteners for around £35 off amazon which is a good price point for a straightener. The rave reviews are what swing me. :32:

I'd pay £75 at most for the GHD straighteners. But £150?!?!? Dear Loooooord have mercy! Great hair should be an AFFORDABLE LUXURY dammit because EVERY WOMAN deserves great hair ! :11:

Like I said, all of my mates have the original GHDS, but about 6/10 of them have had technical problems with them blowing up like yourself "just out of guarantee"! :33:

Latest posts

Back