Gemporia - struggling financially?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

She stated she was setting up a tik-tok shop with one of her friends. Friday night I think it was. Possibly Thursday.
Is that a FACT? Hold on, you can name 9 peoples names that are leaving (or in your terms being made redundant) yet you can’t remember if Milly said it on air Thursday or Friday? Baby cakes…oh dear, it’s all unraveling isn’t it?

Thanks I wasn't watching so didn't hear. Hadn't seen anything on her social media.
Sounds to me like she hasn’t mentioned it anywhere, I’ve checked her social. Does this mean Ellis is off?

She stated she was setting up a tik-tok shop with one of her friends. Friday night I think it was. Possibly Thursday.
FAKE NEWS. Back tracking. Maybe you shouldn’t have named the people you know

Ohhh…tasty information then. Surely, surely that can’t be seen as insider info from the man with no name?! Surely someone with no name has a name but they’re scared it would connect them with the business!
Sazza, now he’s laughing at you! This person is clearly here to ruin the forum

What day babes? Thursday or Friday? Surely your brain can hold that info. You’ve just named 9 people off the top of your head that you said mentioned on air that they’re leaving. Who is Steph?

Doesn’t mean I’ll instantly know who they are. Why do you know someone’s full name that isn’t a presenter? Baby cakes, just admit you work for the company and are bitter. You’re even slipping up talking about Milly when no one else has heard her say it. Ruth is the only one on Lifestyle that has said anything on TV about leaving…plus, she didn’t say the word redundancy

To be fair, I'm only answering questions that she's asking.

I'm not the one doing the

I'm not the one doing the provoking.
Answering them badly

She was a presenter, then became channel manager.........
Was she? Channel manager of gems?? Really? I don’t know her

I'm not the one doing the provoking.
Ignoring the fact that Milly hasn’t said anything on TV. So, how do you know she’s leaving?

I literally typed her full name!
I don’t think you have the right to fully name someone, people could find her info very easily. That’s incredibly bad form

I've answered that. Now, I've been asked not to respond to you, and that's what I intend doing.

Cheerio.
Nah you haven’t. You’ve ignored it as you’ve been found out again. Bash that keyboard babes!! Keep lying and keep trying to make fake claims baby!!

I've answered that. Now, I've been asked not to respond to you, and that's what I intend doing.

Cheerio.
I actually fancy some cheerios now. About the only useful thing you’ve said babes

I don’t think you have the right to fully name someone, people could find her info very easily. That’s incredibly bad form.

Their names are put on screen when they are on air and many are on presenter page of Gemporia website so naming them is not an issue.

Nah you haven’t. You’ve ignored it as you’ve been found out again. Bash that keyboard babes!! Keep lying and keep trying to make fake claims baby!!
He did respond stating what Milly said on air.

Their names are put on screen when they are on air and many are on presenter page of Gemporia website so naming them is not an issue.

He did respond stating what Milly said on air.
So that makes it a FACT? As I said, he knows too much. He knows 9 people are going but then can’t remember when Milly stated she was leaving? There’s some cracks opening in his statements don’t you think? I don’t know Steph, producers don’t put their names on screen. Keep protecting this bully!

So that makes it a FACT? As I said, he knows too much. He knows 9 people are going but then can’t remember when Milly stated she was leaving? There’s some cracks opening in his statements don’t you think? I don’t know Steph, producers don’t put their names on screen. Keep protecting this bully!
I knew 7 out of 9 so I have no reason to think he knows too much, it has been said on air or on social media so the information is out there.

With all the financial stability concerns, I took a look at Gemporia Partnership Ltd financials on the Companies House website to try and get more facts.

The 2022 accounts should have been filed in October, nothing yet so the last year available is 2021.

Turn Over £89.9M Profit after Tax £10.7M Staff 525 cost £17.9M Directors 5 cost £287K

£6.1M transferred into the Employee Ownership Trust

Turn Over £62.9M Profit after Tax £4.1M Staff 430 cost £10.8M Directors 4 cost £258K

£4.9M transferred into the Employee Ownership Trust

Turn Over £60.3M Profit after Tax £5.8M Staff 427 cost £9.7M Directors 4 cost £199K

10.5M transferred into the Employee Ownership Trust

Turn Over £57.9M Profit after Tax £7.9M Staff 360 cost £8.7M Directors 4 cost £170K

£9.7M transferred into the Employee Ownership Trust and £624K for loan payoff

Turn Over £67.3M Profit after Tax £653K Staff 373 cost £10.5M Directors 4 cost £136K

Turn Over £101.5M Profit after Tax £10.7M Staff 501 cost £15.5M Directors 6 cost £337K

£7.2M dividend taken

Turn Over £107.1M Profit after Tax £8.3M Staff 476 cost £13.9M Directors 6 cost £155K

Basically 2021 produced the best PAT ever from a much lower turn over. Historically the business has been profitable since 2011 and generated large amounts of cash. Funding a 7.2M dividend and over 30M shifted into the EOT. Through the 2021 financial year this looks like a very solid business.

That being said there are several concerning issues. Firstly why have the 2022 accounts not been filed? Why was a loan taken out with Santander in August of 2021 That basically lists the entire business as collateral? Why was a new company created (Gemporia Holdings Limited) under the Gemporia Partnership Limited holding company last December that had all the previous company (Gemporia Limited) shares transferred into that new entity?

While it does appear there is some restructuring occurring currently, the first question based on the business financial performance through 2021 is why now? It could be sales have dropped sharply post pandemic due to the cost of living crisis. There could be other operations issues hurting the business, sadly we have no way of knowing yet and perhaps we never will know what happened.

One think we can see is the primary competition TJC has increased their turnover substantially every year since 2016 growing from £31M turnover with a PAT of 1M to £81M turnover in 2022 with a PAT of £13.3M as their latest accounts have been filed. Based on their published results they keep growing while Gemporia peaked turnover wise in 2015. That does not mean Gemporia is finished but when the competition has growing turnover and yours has peaked that is never a good sign for future business prospects as the shopping TV jewellery market is not infinite.

I knew 7 out of 9 so I have no reason to think he knows too much, it has been said on air or on social media so the information is out there.
I clearly don’t watch at the right times then!
With all the financial stability concerns, I took a look at Gemporia Partnership Ltd financials on the Companies House website to try and get more facts.

The 2022 accounts should have been filed in October, nothing yet so the last year available is 2021.

Turn Over £89.9M Profit after Tax £10.7M Staff 525 cost £17.9M Directors 5 cost £287K

Turn Over £62.9M Profit after Tax £4.1M Staff 430 cost £10.8M Directors 4 cost £258K

Turn Over £60.3M Profit after Tax £5.8M Staff 427 cost £9.7M Directors 4 cost £199K

Turn Over £57.9M Profit after Tax £7.9M Staff 360 cost £8.7M Directors 4 cost £170K

Turn Over £67.3M Profit after Tax £653K Staff 373 cost £10.5M Directors 4 cost £136K

Turn Over £101.5M Profit after Tax £10.7M Staff 501 cost £15.5M Directors 6 cost £337K

£7.2M dividend taken

Turn Over £107.1M Profit after Tax £8.3M Staff 476 cost £13.9M Directors 6 cost £155K

Basically 2021 produced the best PAT ever from a much lower turn over. Historically the business has been profitable since 2011 and generated large amounts of cash. Funding a 7.2M dividend and over 30M shifted into the EOT. Through the 2021 financial year this looks like a very solid business.

That being said there are several concerning issues. Firstly why have the 2022 accounts not been filed? Why was a loan taken out with Santander in August of 2021 That basically lists the entire business as collateral? Why was a new company created (Gemporia Holdings Limited) under the Gemporia Partnership Limited holding company last December that had all the previous company (Gemporia Limited) shares transferred into that new entity?

While it does appear there is some restructuring occurring currently, the first question based on the business financial performance through 2021 is why now? It could be sales have dropped sharply post pandemic due to the cost of living crisis. There could be other operations issues hurting the business, sadly we have no way of knowing yet and perhaps we never will know what happened.

One think we can see is the primary competition TJC has increased their turnover substantially every year since 2016 growing from £31M turnover with a PAT of 1M to £81M turnover in 2022 with a PAT of £13.3M as their latest accounts have been filed. Based on their published results they keep growing while Gemporia peaked turnover wise in 2015. That does not mean Gemporia is finished but when the competition has growing turnover and yours has peaked that is never a good sign for future business prospects as the shopping TV jewellery market is not infinite.
I mean, none of us will ever know why. Why would we? I think this forum speaks for itself as to why the company may be struggling, all people do here is slag off presenters, say they don’t buy and then moan there’s nothing decent on

So that makes it a FACT? As I said, he knows too much. He knows 9 people are going but then can’t remember when Milly stated she was leaving? There’s some cracks opening in his statements don’t you think? I don’t know Steph, producers don’t put their names on screen. Keep protecting this bull

£7.2M dividend taken

Really good informative post thanks

Latest posts

Back