Gatineau Only nominated for One Beauty Award!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Autumn

Registered Shopper
Just voted for the Qvc Beauty awards and noticed Gatineau is only nominated for one award, in the Best targeted treatment award for the Gatineau Melatogenine Force Collagene. Seems odd as AY always says Gatineau is there number 1 anti ageing brand on Q :thinking:

Thought the award categories and the nominations were very odd and forced. I only voted in 3 of the categories, as most of the items listed, I wouldn't use them even if QVC paid me instead of the other way round.

These awards and the nominations are usually set up by Marketing/Buying. For some of the retailers, they charge the winner of a category a "marketing contribution" for the privilege of winning, and that contribution can run to six figures!

The whole thing is a complete farce and I would never dream of voting in such an underhand fix.

Hmm I wonder what award? "How to charge a premium for snooty products that do nuffin!?! Look at Andrew Bagley's bags! They are like bags for life!

Hmm I wonder what award? "How to charge a premium for snooty products that do nuffin!?! Look at Andrew Bagley's bags! They are like bags for life!

Personally I love Gatineau products and think that they do work. As for Andrew Bagley's bags, well there are some of us that wouldn't mind looking at them all day.

I touch of jealousy perhaps?

Not a Gatineau user these days(roseaca does not like it). But every year its does seem the same old brand and items are up for these (fixed) awards. I think we used to perhaps think it was the biggest sellers got fast tracked:)thinking:), but some products in the list do not fit the bill.

Its like the Beauty awards in the magazines, really its who pays the most for advertising who seem to get the award (no way will the Beauty Edition diss a brand which is paying the mag big money for space).

If they really wanted to make it fair then QVC would let people make their own choices in each product from the entire Beauty section. Hell the beauty bloggers do that.

Last edited:
The nominations seem most odd this year!!

They really do, don't they?

Last year Liz Earle won for best Haircare, but they're not even nominated for it this year.
Seems very strange to me.

I for one won't be voting/watching any of these shows, it's just another way to try & part us from our hard earned cash.

I haven't looked at the line up yet, if Alpha H is nominated I would vote for Liquid Gold, the same goes for YBF Eyebrow Pencils, other than that I just don't care.....

It's like...

Q. "What's your favourite colour? Brown, pink, white or cream."

Customer: "Er, I like purple - how do I vote for that?"

Q. "Sorry, you don't actually get to choose your own favourite... but why don't you vote for one of ours anyway."

Doesn't that defeat the object?

Interesting that liz earle superskin concentrate isn't in the anti-ageing category - unless sales have dramatically dropped off I would have thought it would be in and eyebright won best eye product last year too - the only liz earle item I can see is cleanse and polish?!

I won't bother voting this year as my choices are not available options in several of the categories.

Latest posts

Back