Gatineau 'moisturising' body lotion

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ruthmay

Registered Shopper
I bought two bottles of this on a recent special offer. didn't try them for a while as was using up something else. been using it now for 2/3 weeks and the skin on my legs is peeling and cracking like mad.

Rang the award winning customer services who said that as it is out of the 30 day mbg there is nothing I could do. she referred back to product services and told me that as it contains AHA using too much will crack the skin and that I should use less product. I have only used about half an inch in a couple of week! Told her this has never been mentioned on air and there is absolutely no warning on the bottle. asked to speak to a manager but was told she was busy and would ring me back. she did ring, but I was out.

I think this is quite scandalous and am going to take it up with Ofcom and advertising standards - there is a minute amount of AHA in there togetther with parabens and everything you can possibly imagine. absolutely no warning to use less.:mysmilie_51:

Oh, dear!! That is scandalous!! If that was the case, they should have mentioned that while they present them.....it is very wrong of Customer Service to fob you off as well! Don't let them get away with it Ruthmay!!!
I have stopped using Gatineau for a while so I don't know this moisturising body lotion. I have had a look,
Is this the one Ruthmay?

If it is,
Gatineau Body Lotion with AHA. Increases skin moisture and suppleness whilst lifting away dead skin cells, leaving your skin supple and velvety soft. Apply this Gatineau Body Lotion liberally all over after bathing, particularly to the elbows, knees and heels.

They are talking sh*t. You are having an allergic reaction to the product. Phone them up again and ask to speak to a manager not just the CS person. Explain you are using the lotion and now have peeling skin. The amount of AHA in this products is usually 1% for this reason.

Since developing mild roseaca I cannot use any AHA products on my face, but I can on the body but chose not to. I remember this body lotion in the old packaging and really liking it(then the repackaged and upped the price big time), and you got a mild tingle nothing more and I used it a lot.

Ruthmay, may your item qualify for the extended xmas MBG? That's if you bought it after 25th October (or 25th September) someone please correct me.

The same thing happened to me when I tried their tan accelerator in the summer. MY skin just pealed and flaked off and was really dried out.

I know it was bought from QVC but have you tried contacting the beauty room? They may be able to help if you tell them that Q didn't want to know, obviously if you do have the extended money back then use that

Ruthmay a few years ago I too bought a set (philosophy hope in a jar and couple of other stuff) the cream stayed in my cupboard for a while whilst I finished my existing moisturiser. I had a bad reaction to hope in a jar. It was outside the MBG. Tge CS person refused to allow return. I sent a snotty email as I had had a reaction to the product that I could not have known about until I got round to try it. I said the 30 days is a guarantee, not an absolute limit so they must have discretion to allow returns after this. They replied saying yes I could return and sent me a postage label. I have continued to shop with them for a further 6 years but would not have done so had they not refunded me.

Unfortunately not, Marina. had it for a while before I started using it. big mistake.

Thanks Weathergirl, I will do as you suggest and send them an email, the circumstances are exactly the same, but as far as I know , there has never been a warning on air not to use too much. not that I do, it does not sink into the skin very well.

you are a fabulous bunch on here, thanks loads.

Latest posts

Back