further to my recent question...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

irish lass

Registered Shopper
Further to my recent question regarding QVC silver, I have also noticed my white gold ring becoming "yellow gold" this is so annoying.

Never bought any gold from qvc so unable to comment,maybe worth calling cs to ask some advice as that sounds dodgy if you ask me!!

Further to my recent question regarding QVC silver, I have also noticed my white gold ring becoming "yellow gold" this is so annoying.

yes this i can explain. white gold is kind of yellowy and all white gold from anywhere is rodium plaited. (at least plaited) to give it a bright white colour. this is the problem with white gold. it can be redipped.

I have white gold pieces from QVC going back to 1998. Never had the white gold show yellow. They are suppose to mix the rhoduim(sp) with the yellow gold. Some companies mix silver into it to make white or platinum.

Complaint to QVC about this it should not happen. Makes no difference if it is outside the 30 days.

I might be completely imagining this but didn't the standards for white gold change some time ago, so now the rhodium plating or whatever isn't as thick and pieces don't last anywhere as long

I bought a ring from QVC some years back which was both white and yellow gold strands in a crossover design but it just all looks yellow gold now :(

My sister has a 'russian wedding ring' in white, rose and yellow gold that she bought from Greece about 15 years ago, wasn't that expensive and she keeps it on all the time, and it still looks perfect!!

I have quite an expensive white gold ring and have already had it redipped once in the last 4 years and it really needs doing again now. I wish we had gone that bit dearer and bought platinum instead as it is a standard problem with white gold.

Latest posts

Back