Funniest ever moment on QVC?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
I think the telephone callers are often hilarious on QVC. My favourite one of all time was when they were presenting Lock and Lock tupperware things. Simon Biaggi and guest Malcolm Harradine took a call from a man called Gordon who basically was taking the urine out the product. It was brilliant watching Simon Biaggi squirming (although he handled it very well) and Malcolm Harradine who was trying to stop laughing!
Search youtube for "QVC Drunk T Caller," and you will see the clip!

Another good one was with Nick Alsbury and Claire Sutton. He bashed the screen of a TV so as to demonstrate its strength and BROKE it. The silly things he said after he realised what he had done were hilarious. He said he'd "been hammering it all day and now he'd done it!" Search Youtube for "QVC Presenter Breaks 50" Plasma TV" and you will see it.

So what is your funniest moment on QVC?

For me it would have to be in the good old days when Paul Lavers used to make Ali Young literally cry with laughter, she was speechless sometimes........now there's a miracle!!

I have a very childish sense of humour and loved Anthony falling over in his chair while trying to catch a Christmas bauble, then he got stuck and had to be helped up, as per the clip Minim posted above.

I also loved when Dennis Basso was on with Anne Dawson and tried to climb through a giant zero on the set - he got caught in it and was too big to make it through - to be fair he took it in good spirits. Anne cracked up and so did I!

Last edited:
The expression on Tova's face when a t-caller said she'd named her cat after her. Her smile remained fixed but the look in her eyes changed to one of utter disdain. It was so obvious, AY pointed out that it was a Siamese cat, a 'very presteeeegious' breed but she still wasn't impressed.

Lol! I would like to see the Tova / cat clip! And also the one where Dennis Basso got stuck in the zero! You must youtube the clips mentioned in my earlier post! The Lock and Lock one is hilarious!

It has to be the vacuum cleaner DISASTERS with Charlie and Catherine Stewart for me.

As I said before, watch out for the line when Charlie asks if it has a brush, and Catherine says "Of course it has, you're sitting on it." And as someone else pointed out, she keeps saying ""Stop it Charlie" when he isn't doing anything (except he was in hysterics lol).

Right at the end, the vac STILL won't pick anything up, and although she is trying to laugh it off, she is on the verge of tears.

She said several times that she would NEVER work with Charlie again. I wonder if she did? He is still there, she isn't!

I put the link up yesterday in another thread, but here it is again - - - - >

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNvddotTck4

Last edited:
I was watching when Anthony had his mishap, very funny. But it was surpassed for me the day Charlie fell off his chair when the leg went down a hole, his little face as he reappeared from under the table was a real Tena Lady moment! In those days there use to be lots of texts going across the screen, many of them were equally funny!

One of my favourites was with the model who has long blonde hair and was on the Laura Geller show this morning on the beauty channel. She really wants to get her 15 minutes and always goes out of her way to pout and look involved. During a beauty show a few weeks ago, she was doing all her gurning and preening but to the wrong camera. No one corrected her and it went on for ages. That really did make me laugh. She then suddenly noticed but it was too late!

My fave moment ever was from the days of Anthony H. He was presenting a tv I think around 1am and flicking through various tv channels. They landed on an 'adult' channel and there was a lot of fumbling to change the channel along with apologies! Hilarious!!

The T caller aggressively insisting JR had a new baby.
All credit to Julia for not shrieking at her to bog off.

Going back many, many years and Debbie Flint a fresh young QVC presenter there was a TSV teach yourself to play the piano devised by a French couple. The first demo was not going well, not helped by said couple barely being able to speak a word of English when all of a sudden it kicked off big time with them having a full scale row. Poor Debbie didn't know what to do other than try and calm them down. Needless to say the TSV was not seen again.

Didn't Charlie get stuck inside a pop-up wendy house-type thing? A long time ago when they used to sell toys in the run up to Christmas, it might have been a ball pond but either way it was a very small enclosed space...'fraid he got out in the end.

Jude x

Does anyone remember the cookery session when the guest (not the present one) was carefully taking a pot out of the oven with gloves and all the pretence on how hot it was, and it was not even cooked, I think it was not turned on or something :grin:

Latest posts

Back