Fuji 50x zoom 16MP Bridge Camera with Case TSV 05/03/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thanks, scw. A lens with a zoom as long as that needs a tripod to stabilize it at the greatest zooms so personally, I think it's overkill. I'd go for more megapixels so you can zoom in digitally and not lose sharpness. But for that you need a high quality lens to start with, so I'd say don't be too easily seduced by these high numbers. Lens quality is all. Unless, of course, this lens is one of the fastest on the market and can hold its own against any DSLR lens.

Fuji FinePix S9900W 16MP Bridge Camera w/ 50x Zoom, WiFi & Accessories
Item Number: 506050
QVC Price £291.00
Today's Special Value Price £239.94
P&P £6.95

This stylish FinePix S9900W bridge camera is packed with fantastic features and the latest technology including a crisp, clear 920K-dot electronic viewfinder, a huge 50x optical zoom, Wi-Fi connectivity and a brilliant 16.2MP CMOS image sensor, plus it comes complete with an 8GB SD card, dedicated case and screen protector pack. With an incredible focal range, impressive image quality and intuitive control, the FUJIFILM FinePix S9900W camera gives you versatile photography without ever having to change lens.

QVC added value - to ensure that you get the best possible value for money; we've added a couple of extras to the package. We're including an 8GB SD card to store your photos and videos, as well as a FUJIFILM camera case and screen protector to keep your FinePix S9900W safe and secure when you're out and about.

Incredible zoom - the FUJINON lens with 50x optical zoom has fast apertures of F2.9 to F6.5 and allows you to take detailed close-ups in Super-Macro Mode, plus stunning landscape shots too, giving you the versatility to capture an enormous variety of top-quality photos with one easy-to-use device. The powerful zoom also features Optical Image Stabilisation to reduce blurring, and the vast 24mm - 1200mm range gives you the flexibility of a DSLR without the weight and hassle of interchangeable lenses.

Beautifully framed shots - the high-resolution (920K-dot) electronic viewfinder allows you to frame images precisely. Offering enhanced visibility in bright daylight, the crisp, clear viewfinder accommodates a traditional shooting style, making it easy to steady the camera, even when shooting with the 50x zoom fully extended.

Wi-Fi functionality and remote shooting - allows you to share images wirelessly to your PC, tablet or smartphone, enabling you to easily transfer your photos to your social media accounts or Cloud storage. Plus, you can use your smartphone to shoot images remotely with the free FUJIFILM Camera Remote app.

A camera for all scenes - with a high 16.2 megapixel resolution and BSI-CMOS image sensor, the FinePix S9900W captures bright, high-quality stills and videos, even in low light. There are many versatile scene modes to help achieve stunning photos that are rich with detail and natural in colour tones. Select from Portrait, Landscape, Night, Macro, Auto and more for quick, easy, point-and-shoot photography.

Full HD video recording - as well as great photos, you can capture those special moments in stunning Full 1080p High Definition, so watching your home videos back on a large screen HD ready TV will feel like you're actually there. What's more, there’s a one-touch recording button, a wind filter to reduce noise and a newly developed 5-Axis Image Stabilisation function installed to reduce camera shake when shooting movies.

Capture wonderful time-lapse sequences with the interval shooting mode
11 special filters let you create distinctive photo effects
Features a comfortable and secure grip with easy zoom adjustment thanks to the side-level zoom control
The Panorama Shot mode allows you to overlay pictures for a continuous 360 degree image
Up to 100 pictures can be viewed at a time in a 10x10 array of micro thumbnails
Face Detection optimises people pictures by detecting faces and adjusting focus and exposure to ensure bright, clear results
Please note: when using maximum zoom, use a tripod (not included) to ensure clear images

What's in the box?

FUJIFILM FinePix S9900W bridge camera (in black)
4 x AA alkaline batteries
USB cable
Shoulder strap
Lens cap and cord
CD-ROM
Owner's manual

Added value:

Dedicated FUJIFILM case
8GB SD Card
Screen protector

Technical specifications:

Number of effective pixels: 16.2 million pixels
Sensor: 1/2.3-inch CMOS with primary colour filter
Lens: 24mm - 1200mm wide angle FUJINON 50x optical zoom lens
Intelligent digital zoom: 2.0x (up to approximately 100x, with 50x optical zoom)
ISO sensitivity: 100 - 12800
Image stabilisation: lens shift type
Flash: manual pop-up flash (i-Flash) with red-eye removal
Electronic viewfinder: vari-angle 0.2" colour LCD viewfinder (920k dots)
Display: 3" TFT colour LCD monitor (920K dots)
Video resolution: Full HD 1920 x 1080 60i (max. 29min); HD 1280 x 720 60p
Still image format: JPEG (Exif Ver 2.3)
Movie format: MOV
Movie video compression: H.264
Connectivity: Wi-Fi
Continuous shooting: H: approx. 10 fps max. 10 frames; M: approx. 5.0 fps max. 10 frames; L: approx. 3.0 fps max. 10 frames
Shutter speed: Auto mode: 1/4 - 1/1700 second; all other modes: 8 - 1/1700 second with mechanical shutter
Photography functions: SR AUTO, High Speed Movie (120 / 240 / 480 frames/sec), Adv. Mode (Advanced filter for still image: Toy camera/ Miniature/ Pop colour/ High-key/ Low-key/ Dynamic tone/ Soft Focus/ Cross Screen/ Fish-eye/ Partial colour/ Sketch; Advanced filter for movie: Toy camera/ Pop colour/ High-key/ Low-key/ Fish-eye/ Partial colour/ Sketch, Pro Low-Light, HDR, Natural Light and with Flash, Zoom Bracketing), Instant zoom, Framing guideline, Frame No. memory, Histogram display, Date stamp
Playback functions: Multi-frame playback (with micro thumbnail), Protect, Crop, Resize, Slide show/ Image rotate, Histogram display, exposure warning, Photobook assist, image search, Favourites, Mark for upload, Panorama, Erase selected frames, Movie edit
Other features: Time Lapse Interval Shooting function (up to every 10 minutes for 6 hours), Motion Panorama 360 mode, ten advanced filters, multi-frame playback (with micro thumbnail), 35 languages, protect, crop, resize, slide show, image rotate, histogram display, exposure warning, Photobook assist, Image search, favourites, mark for upload, erase selected frames, movie edit
Maximum photo resolution: 4608 x 3456
Maximum video resolution: 1920 x 1080
Alkaline batteries (approximately 300 frames)
Dimensions (w x h x d): 12.2cm x 87cm x 11cm (4.8" x 3.4" x 4.6")
Weight (including battery and memory card): 670g

All measurements are approximate

Do I or don't I ?
I have been looking for a new camera to replace my old Fuji Bridge camera which was a TSV back in 2010 so it has served me well for months now.
As I don't live anywhere near a camera shop so I will be buying blind as it were if I buy from Amazon or ebay
At least with Q I will get my 30MBG and flexi pay.
I will leave it and think on it and if it is still available later I might give it a go.

QVC should market Matt Trim as an aid to restful sleeping, they'd make a fortune, the man is so boring and monotonous, he'd send a glass eye to sleep.

Oh dear hope i haven't made a mistake - bought this for DH on impulse during the last demo. He has a really old one bought from QVC years ago and has been talking about a replacement. At least i have a 30 days to make a decision!!

Latest posts

Back