frocks with sleeves

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lucky you. I just love the little girl's range in Monsoon - all that glitter !!!!!!

I don't do glitter.
Next, New Look for jackets
M&S, Matalan etc for school uniform cardis & trousers, M&S boys for shorts & cord trousers
etc

I come from a family that has dwt genes & have passed it on to my daughters. My mother insisted we should sew. "If it doesn't fit, you make it fit!" My daughters however are hopeless and I suspect they know if they resist I will come to the rescue.

The only advantage we dwts have is that sometimes we can find clothes in the children/ teens section. I would guess that half my wardrobe is age 11-12 years :grin:

I suspect I'm being really dense here, but what do you mean by dwt genes, Minim?

Why did she think that no one over a size 20 would want to ware a dress with sleeves.
Surely the "larger" you are the more need to cover up your arms. I am a size 22/24 and haven't worn a dress in over 20 years so may be I have got it wrong!!!

I agree Madmax - I fluctuate between an 18 and 24 depending on the brand, but designers and manufacturers believe there is no one out there over a size 20, when they only need to look on any High Street to see how wrong that is !!!! Even those on qvc who offer up a size 20 (Ronni Nicole) get it badly wrong. Anyone who is a true 20 dont get her dresses over their heads - and I know !

I saw the measurements on the website of the (admittedly gorgeous) silver lace fitted dress that Frocks with Sleeves were showing, and for a size 20 the underslip was ridiculously small - it wouldn't have even fitted Joy - who we all know is a 16/18 High Street (yea right, if you say so).

Just because we have curvy figures does not mean we want to be swamped in prints and long line stuff to cover our bums !

I wished the sleeves were a bit longer than what they were. There is nothing more unflattering than sleeves that come just above the elbows. Fair enough, they look ok from the front view but hideous from the back, unless you are a well toned young person. The elbows are usually the widest part of the arm, and have "creases" or "folds" so having a sleeve just about the elbow does not do any favours.
The dresses were quite nice, different from Nicole and Tiana B.

Latest posts

Back