For Pity's Sake Catherine

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Loveinamist

Registered Shopper
Get your roots done, you are an attractive woman but you are letting yourself down. Lily Savage you are not. So much for that powder stuff Q sell.

Weirdly i caught one of shows earlier today and thought how much better her hair looked , Glad shes gone back blonde, hated the red/strawberry blonde look.

Her roots were very dark, particularly when doing the 2 hour diamonique show with Dale. She's a natural brunette so inevitably her roots will be darker than some... but it doesn't help that her blonde hair colour has clearly lifted in the sun (and she's not been using Ultrasun UV hair protector or anything else, as it looks out of condition and rather strawlike at the ends, unfortunately). I thought she looked too pale, which baffled me somewhat because she'd been wearing one of her favourite Onjenu dresses in a coral pattern on an earlier show, and her skin looked warmer... much more flattering.

I think the combination of a darker dress, paler hair and makeup was not helpful in de-emphasising the roots... and besides, as QVC do at least the Color WOW (not sure if they're still also stocking the Mimic) which could have minimised the roots, I wonder why she didn't use something like that.

I know she was going for a glamorous evening look, but in my opinion it didn't really work.

Why not just let her hair match her skin and stop dyeing it? What's wrong with being a brunette even with the odd bit of grey?

I've noticed a lot of presenters and guests seem to have a lot of dark roots showing so she's not the only one. I did wonder if it had become more acceptable and I was just a bit out of touch with these things!

There is an "ombre" look (sorry if that's not quite the right word) with dark hair down to about half way or more down then blonde at the rest to the ends. It looks like months of root growth to me but apparently it's quite popular with teenagers and 20's. Not sure Catherine is trying this in it's early stages or whether she just needs a root touch up! Blonde hair really suits her I think.

You never know, roots might help to sell (more down to earth) etc.
I watched a youtube video with Caroline Hirons and Sali Hughes (I think it was this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YucPnS4j4kQ (at approx. 45 mins)
I think they mention that the best sellers on QVC are 'chubby' brunettes (I think they are talking about brand ambassadors) and when they talk about down to earth things like the school run, sales go up).

There is an "ombre" look (sorry if that's not quite the right word) with dark hair down to about half way or more down then blonde at the rest to the ends. It looks like months of root growth to me but apparently it's quite popular with teenagers and 20's. Not sure Catherine is trying this in it's early stages or whether she just needs a root touch up! Blonde hair really suits her I think.

Yes, I think you're right, Catherine always tries to be 'in fashion', so if showing one's roots "are in" then that's the "route" (sorry about that !) she will take !!!!

Ombre look is old hat now, been around a few years. Its the Brondal(sp) which is in. Brown glossy hair with blond toning highlights, JLo has it

There are ads for the L'Oréal Préférence Glam Bronde all over the place - so it's definitely "a thing". It's the obvious move on from ombre, really.

The ombré look is when about three to four inches at the end of the hair is a darker or lighter colour that the rest. Chuntleys just looks like she's had her roots dyed black, it looks really odd. It also looks intentional because her hair looked as though it had been trimmed and lighter in colour, but why not have the roots done? yes it looked really odd.

I saw her in one of Stacy's YBF shows where they must have done one hell of a lot of persuading to get her to take part in a makeover because she gives me the impression she doesn't like to be caught out un-made-up - ever. Without makeup she looked very ordinary, no better than anyone else, but with it I think she can look stunning. This is one lady who knows how to make the best of herself and doesn't like to be caught off guard, ever. I think the roots thing must be deliberate.

I would love to see her dyed back to her natural brunette.

I can never understand why people make such drastic changes - Mother Nature gives us hair, skin and eyes that coordinate perfectly. Change your hair by more than a shade or two, or switch from warm to cool, or cool to warm, and the overall effect is not good. Aging, tiring, draining.

People get away with it in their 20s, when youth and health gives them a free pass, but in middle age... Far better to work WITH nature than against.

Rant over! ;)

I'm currently growing blonde out - I am naturally mid blonde but had gone a wee bit ott with home colour blonde. It did look good and gave me a lift but it was a nightmare maintaining the roots. My hairdresser did joke that I should tell people I was a bit late to the ombré look!
Last time she was here, she's comes to my house bless her, I showed her qvc for her hair opinions! She couldn't believe how dates the looks were especially debbie and also Catherine!! I said the fringe and straight look so blonde plus roots is very dated indeed... V mid nineties!

Catherine has had every style, shade and colour known to man in the years I've been watching - from shoulder length curls in auburn, to a severe black blunt cut bob with fringe, and varying shades of blonde; so I think this is just another fad for her.

Latest posts

Back