For goodness sake Jilly..........

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

You cannot really overgeneralise an argument based on a person's age. Short hair do not suit me either and age would never be a factor in deciding style and length, in my case at least. Each to their own, I suppose.

I like Jilly, can appreciate comments re long hair but as long as she wears it pulled back/up.Am looking at Jill F @ the moment with her pale face & lanky hair now if anyone needs a makeover.She's another that never seems to be off @ the moment, thought she was only on Sporty stuff @ one time?

I like Jilly, can appreciate comments re long hair but as long as she wears it pulled back/up.Am looking at Jill F @ the moment with her pale face & lanky hair now if anyone needs a makeover.She's another that never seems to be off @ the moment, thought she was only on Sporty stuff @ one time?

Aren't people diverse? I always think of JF as looking downright dirty and in need of a good scrub. I know that's a horrible thing to say but I always thought that about Dawbags with her BE tan foundation too and now she seems want to out Goth Siouxsie Sioux. They seem to not give any thought to whether or not the particular fake tan or hair colour though nice in itself actually suits them.

Jilly would look so much better with a hair cut. It always looks greasy (although I'm sure it isn't really) and very, very dated. However much she dresses up, her hair always drags her back down. I think she's maybe a bit scared of change, but she'd probably love it when she got used to it. Like Julia when she changed her "naturally curly" hair to straight. Ahem.

When Julia's hair was tight curls, her fringe was always dead straight.......strange that!!:emo::emo:

I think the problem is that Jilly's hair doesn't seem to have a style, it just hangs. I think that very few women can get away with straight, long hair with a centre parting. It really is one of the harshest, most unflattering ways to wear your hair and imo only works on extremely good-looking, youngish people (men included!).
Although Jilly is pretty, she's not a beauty and she's not that young and I think the style is doing her no favours. There are lots of ways to style your hair without having to resort to a short cut. A really good hairdresser could work wonders on her hair, if only she'd let one near her.

I think the problem is that Jilly's hair doesn't seem to have a style, it just hangs. I think that very few women can get away with straight, long hair with a centre parting. It really is one of the harshest, most unflattering ways to wear your hair and imo only works on extremely good-looking, youngish people (men included!).
Although Jilly is pretty, she's not a beauty and she's not that young and I think the style is doing her no favours. There are lots of ways to style your hair without having to resort to a short cut. A really good hairdresser could work wonders on her hair, if only she'd let one near her.

I agree you, maybe she hasn't realised you can still keep your hair long but have a 'style' to it, mine's long with a side fringe and some layers. If Jilly had some of the weight taken out she wouldn't have that flat greasy look and could still keep most of the length.

But I do like her as a presenter, and each to their own I guess - and I'm in no position to criticise really, although I do try and make an effort I sport a mean 'been though a bush backwards' look at lot of the time :cheeky:

Latest posts

Back