Food tasters!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Cashers

Registered Shopper
Honestly, what's the point of having random QVC "loyal" customers ( that obviously buy any old sh*** going) Sat eating the overpriced food offerings and declaring every morsel fabulous??? Are they really going to say ' oh my god, that's gross? " I think not. Do QVC think we are that thick, it's quite insulting really. Just watched that cocky bloke flogging pasties at around £4 a go?? I just couldn't, ever pay this amount for an unknown offering, probably using palm oil, travelling God knows how many miles in a box with ice packs. And as for £5.95 p and p on the majority of food offerings - I only paid a quid more for a sofa delivery!!! 😂 sorry folks, rant over, time to switch over I think.

Honestly, what's the point of having random QVC "loyal" customers ( that obviously buy any old sh*** going) Sat eating the overpriced food offerings and declaring every morsel fabulous??? Are they really going to say ' oh my god, that's gross? " I think not. Do QVC think we are that thick, it's quite insulting really. Just watched that cocky bloke flogging pasties at around £4 a go?? I just couldn't, ever pay this amount for an unknown offering, probably using palm oil, travelling God knows how many miles in a box with ice packs. And as for £5.95 p and p on the majority of food offerings - I only paid a quid more for a sofa delivery!!! 😂 sorry folks, rant over, time to switch over I think.
The food taster with Debbie, said everything was 'beautiful.' All of it. Hard to believe she had no preferences. The butcher man was slicing his meat with a serrated bread knife. What would Gail say to that?

To be fair I very much doubt whether any of the food they sell is gross (well maybe not the stuff they use for demonstration purposes anyway) So I do believe it to a certain extent, but it's a pretty damned pointless an exercise having extra people in the studio who are not gonna address the elephant in the room - and that's the price. How I'd love it if somebody said "How much? You've gotta be joking!".... or "What the F..k is in this - Gold?!"

I know its totally pathetic, they might as well just say we love everything, we don't even need to taste it, its free and we will be getting goody bags to take home so of course its lovely!!!

I don't know about anyone else but I can't stand hearing people appreciate their food in the manner that they do on shopping telly. My mum used to do that all the time and she wasn't even trying to sell stuff. I'll never forget the time my dad treated us all to Kentucky fried chicken and I don't think mine even touched the sides as I'd wolfed it down before mother had even opened her wrapping. I sat there not allowed to leave the table (you weren't in those days!) until everybody else had finished eating. She was a slow eater anyway but she uttered the words "mmmmm" after every blinking mouthful and it was really annoying and what's more I could've done with another piece as I'd only been given a kid's portion. I said "go on give us a tiny bit" and she just said "no, you've had yours, so let me enjoy mine" She carried on sucking and slurping, closing her eyes and making these toe curling mmmmm noises to the point where I wanted to disembowel myself!!! So no, I cannot bear to watch his overexaggerated behaviour on telly. I tell you what, watching Ophelia cramming cake after cake into her gob and barely being able to speak was a breath of fresh air, no falseness or fakery in Ophelia's bakery - She really was luvvin' it!!!

The guests seem quite a shy lot. They don't contribute much and when they do pipe up they love everything.
And I've noticed that it always seems to be the same people. FGS Q this should be a gig for the ex Qurios (Hyacinth in particular). She should be transported down to Chiswick in a horse drawn carriage for the amount of unpaid work she did on your behalf, not to mention the amount of money she must've spent and is probably still spending!

Totally agree. Jeez that John guy was so adoring of EVERYTHING and he has been a “guest” now for years so whilst he was/is a lovely gentleman it was embarrassing listening to all of them gushing about the food!! Especially the hugely overpriced Original Cake co and their victoria sponges…prob cost less than £1 to make if that. And don’t get me started on the p&p. Some of the items over weekend were £3/4/5 on easy pay but then the same in postage. Poss how/where they make their money?!!!

And I've noticed that it always seems to be the same people. FGS Q this should be a gig for the ex Qurios (Hyacinth in particular). She should be transported down to Chiswick in a horse drawn carriage for the amount of unpaid work she did on your behalf, not to mention the amount of money she must've spent and is probably still spending!
Omg Merry, gyacinty Hyacinth would buy everything put in front of her, in bulk. She wouldn't have enough cupboards to put everything - and plus, the poor postman!

No doubt warned that if they say the wrong thing, big Andi will give them a withering look. Then after the show, he will tell them how he was on Master Chief and an expert. How very dare you say anything even cross him.
I do recall Andi was the one that almost said live on air that the vegan burgers were shite! Dale nearly had a cardiac arrest :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

CC

I usually have two or three non meat/fish meals a week. A few months back I bought two different flavoured Pukka Vegan pies which were on special offer.

First one I tried was really salty and I ended up throwing it away. Second one was even more salty so in the bin that went too.

Well I've just received my second batch of Turner's pies by post ( c'mon folks what are you waiting for?) and because I'd given them a nice review on Trust pilot I was given a 10% discount on this order. So this time for £29.31 I received a family sized chicken and mushroom pie, a large cherry pie, 2 Cornish pasties and a tub of gravy. Packaged beautifully and delivered on time - So stick that in your pipe and smoke it QVC!

Well I've just received my second batch of Turner's pies by post ( c'mon folks what are you waiting for?) and because I'd given them a nice review on Trust pilot I was given a 10% discount on this order. So this time for £29.31 I received a family sized chicken and mushroom pie, a large cherry pie, 2 Cornish pasties and a tub of gravy. Packaged beautifully and delivered on time - So stick that in your pipe and smoke it QVC!
I've just had a look at their site and much as they look lovely, there's no way I could pay £17 for a pie, even in the deal you took I couldn't justify spending that much. I've had the pies and pasties from QVC in the past and to be fair they were pretty good and worked out at about the same price as a better quality locally bought pastry.

Two women in glitzy dresses only spoke when spoken too,and said Ooh lovely and carried on eating,what a farce almost Querio embarrassing 🙈
No point at all in the stooges agreeing with Andi Peters and his obedient servant Dale😂

I don't know about anyone else but I can't stand hearing people appreciate their food in the manner that they do on shopping telly. My mum used to do that all the time and she wasn't even trying to sell stuff. I'll never forget the time my dad treated us all to Kentucky fried chicken and I don't think mine even touched the sides as I'd wolfed it down before mother had even opened her wrapping. I sat there not allowed to leave the table (you weren't in those days!) until everybody else had finished eating. She was a slow eater anyway but she uttered the words "mmmmm" after every blinking mouthful and it was really annoying and what's more I could've done with another piece as I'd only been given a kid's portion. I said "go on give us a tiny bit" and she just said "no, you've had yours, so let me enjoy mine" She carried on sucking and slurping, closing her eyes and making these toe curling mmmmm noises to the point where I wanted to disembowel myself!!! So no, I cannot bear to watch his overexaggerated behaviour on telly. I tell you what, watching Ophelia cramming cake after cake into her gob and barely being able to speak was a breath of fresh air, no falseness or fakery in Ophelia's bakery - She really was luvvin' it!!!
Did your mum get you an adult size portion next time? I hope so.

I've just had a look at their site and much as they look lovely, there's no way I could pay £17 for a pie, even in the deal you took I couldn't justify spending that much. I've had the pies and pasties from QVC in the past and to be fair they were pretty good and worked out at about the same price as a better quality locally bought pastry.
When I do the online order I always go for what they call the introductory offer which is about £25 and for that you get 2 large pies, 2 pasties or 4 large sausage rolls and a tub of gravy and for the quality you're getting I don't think it's a bad deal. Unfortunately it's the postage that bumps the cost up as that's £5.95 but I have to say they come beautifully packaged and come exactly when they say they will. Yes if you were to buy two of the large pies and added postage then they would work out at £17 each so that's why I avoid that option. They have a couple of branches within travelling distance of my place and I've bought pies from there as well ...I'm happy to pay for guaranteed good quality

Did your mum get you an adult size portion next time? I hope so.
I don't remember a next time as it was back in the day where dad held the purse strings and he rarely treated me or mum to anything like that so it was a bit of a one off! He was a bit of a tightwad so treats like that were few and far between. I do remember us having a Chinese takeaway from time to time and I loved that, especially as it didn't seem to send my mother into raptures!

Latest posts

Back