Flower Power

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

RJ has been trying to flog his products today (pack of 3), but I think they are over priced at £25.72p.

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.560640/walk.html.|metadrill,html

I bought that today for £20.27 (Hot Pick I think). After reading everyone's favourable experiences with Flower Power, I thought I'd try that package as it's got his new Invigorator spray which sounds useful too.
My garden's taken such a bashing this year, I just hope it rescues my poor raggedy plants.

Does anyone know if you can use FP as a foliar feed too?

I bought that today for £20.27 (Hot Pick I think). After reading everyone's favourable experiences with Flower Power, I thought I'd try that package as it's got his new Invigorator spray which sounds useful too.
My garden's taken such a bashing this year, I just hope it rescues my poor raggedy plants.

Look for the SB Plant Invigorator on amazon.co.uk

The concentrate which will make 50x 1L of spray is only £17 + postage

The spray in the RJ pack is already diluted

I ordered the concentrate from Amazon and will report back if it works

Stuart

am i being mean i find rj flower power,root boosters,plug plant feed,wet n grow (which you can do yourself buy putting a very tiny drop of washing up liquid in your watering can) et all very expensive...the fertiliser budget alone is what i spend on my summer gardening including fertiliser,compost,seeds,reduced plants,everything.
"which" recommended phosphrogen and b&q own brand fertiliser(maybe both are the same product) which cost £2.50 a kilo or something..
my indulgence is spray and grow. but if i was to buy my plants and all the fertiliser gubbings from qvc it would cost me at least a thousand pounds a year. the p&p cost for 10 items will fill my many hanging baskets, borders,window boxes and tubs with many beautifull plants all summer long.
to add insult to injury nearly all the plants from t&m are all half price some as low as £3.99 and only one set of p&p costs per order...

I normally just use tomato feed on my baskets and tubs and get great results - I have bought some tub and basket feed this year from Wilkinson to see if this makes any difference. For the garden I use the dried chicken manure but this is mainly to keep the cats off as they don't like the smell.

The reviews on the RJ stuff are very good but is this the old 'I have bought it and it was expensive so I will use it' mentality rather than the product being actually any better than others which because they are 'cheep' you forget to use occassionaly??

Me to

am i being mean i find rj flower power,root boosters,plug plant feed,wet n grow (which you can do yourself buy putting a very tiny drop of washing up liquid in your watering can) et all very expensive...the fertiliser budget alone is what i spend on my summer gardening including fertiliser,compost,seeds,reduced plants,everything.
"which" recommended phosphrogen and b&q own brand fertiliser(maybe both are the same product) which cost £2.50 a kilo or something..
my indulgence is spray and grow. but if i was to buy my plants and all the fertiliser gubbings from qvc it would cost me at least a thousand pounds a year. the p&p cost for 10 items will fill my many hanging baskets, borders,window boxes and tubs with many beautifull plants all summer long.
to add insult to injury nearly all the plants from t&m are all half price some as low as £3.99 and only one set of p&p costs per order...

I am exactly the same Boffy. Spray and Grow is according to my tight budget a real luxury. I bought some of the half price plants from T&M. I always check prices elsewhere on any purchase from QVC.
I am still p***ed off about the Austin roses I bought which were a special price. They were a good deal as David Austin roses go.
I carefully following the instructions on planting them and they have done b****r all! Just a bunch of twigs. I love old fashioned roses to.
I had the same problem with the Acer TSV sometime ago. I should have learnt my lesson!

I like Bills perfect fertiliser to use with spray and grow, the only problem is that it smells of seaweed which i actually like but so do my dear doggies and they well chew anything that i put it on so i can only use it on my pots and in ther front....tis good stuff though

I am exactly the same Boffy. Spray and Grow is according to my tight budget a real luxury. I bought some of the half price plants from T&M. I always check prices elsewhere on any purchase from QVC.
I am still p***ed off about the Austin roses I bought which were a special price. They were a good deal as David Austin roses go.
I carefully following the instructions on planting them and they have done b****r all! Just a bunch of twigs. I love old fashioned roses to.
I had the same problem with the Acer TSV sometime ago. I should have learnt my lesson!

Not wishing to rub it in but my Acers (tsv) are lovely - some of the best I have ever bought. This is unusal as most of the tsv's I have bought are rubbish and I always say never again - till I get sucked in again.

my lesson!

Stick with them. Bare root roses can take a while to get going. As long as the "twigs" are still green on the outside then they should eventually grow

Another thing with roses is to be quite rough when digging them in. Really press the soil down hard to ensure good contact between the soil and the roots.

I planted a climbing bare root rose against the fence a few years back. I thought it had died. Instead it eventually sent up runners on the other side of the fence and provides a lovely show for my neighbours each year.

Stuart

The kiss of death!

Well done Rosey! I am very envious. Either my acers were
in the deep freeze a wee bit too long or I was the kiss of death for
them.
I am usually quite good at gardening to. So says she!:32:

RJ always sells Flower Power based on it's high potash content Before buying I had looked in the local garden centre to see if you buy potash. I found some organic Miracle Grow last year but it wasn't great. So bought FP this year.

I should have looked harder on-line. I found someone selling 1.25 Kg boxes of Vitax Potash for the garden for less than £2.70 today.

Stuart.

PS. Be nice and buy from QVC and RJ instead for £15 +P&P so that he can carry on keeping us entertained

Well done Rosey! I am very envious. Either my acers were
in the deep freeze a wee bit too long or I was the kiss of death for
them.
I am usually quite good at gardening to. So says she!:32:

Don't worry - this is a one off with qvc plants - I could list all the failures but would be here all day LOL.

before the days of advertised fertilisers gardens used fish bone and blood, sulphate of potash and all sorts with i would imagine good results.
i go to my local poundland and buy j arthur bowers stuff for a pound a pop my fav being the fish bone and blood,excellent for roses and clematis...
follow the instructions.i use it both in my tubs and borders and one box lasts me all summer as its organic and slow releasing.
also pricking out seedlings or planting out you plugs save up old yoghurt pots and toilet roll (the card board inner) to make excellent pots fo free.
before gardening got trendy or qvc'd gardeners were the origional recyclers.

Crikey! It's arrived already! I'm impressed.
Now to see if it makes a difference...

I've just started using spray n grow this year, as a first time gardener I cant tell you if it does any good as I have nothing to comapare it with, but I'm really pleased with all my plants and veg so far, my lettuce really needs eating up as its getting out of control!

The SB Plant Invigorator concentrate I ordered from Amazon last week arrived today. I diluted a very small amount into a 0.5l spray bottle and attacked a couple of plumeria cuttings I have that are infected with white spider-mites. A measuring cup came with the concentrate.

The initial impression is that the spray makes the leaves slightly sticky and shiny. The bottle does state that it works in a physical way and the product is exempt from classification as an insecticide.

The contents are listed as Foliar Lattice, Linear Sulphate 0.074% w/w Iron Chelate 1.914% w/w Nitrogen, natural products

So something sticky and a foliar feed!

Initial impressions after a few hours are that the spider mites are no longer running around. The SB website suggests that spider-mites are hard to treat and will require more frequent application. I know from experience that I have real problems getting rid of spider-mite. So much so that even Provado doesn't work in time, allowing the plant leaves to become damaged.

More updates in a week. So far so good.

Stuart

PS smells of ammonia so probably contains horse pee!

Latest posts

Back